4 cm dilated, 70 effaced, still no labor :( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-01-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yesterday the OB said I was 4 cm dilated, 70% effaced. Still I don't feel any labor coming on. Any thoughts on how to get things going?!
#2 of 9 Old 06-01-2007, 06:12 PM

Wow- that is SO much work you don't have to do when labor starts! I'd try sex to get things going- though I am sure you aren't in the mood.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#3 of 9 Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM

Ugh! I walked around for FOUR WEEKS 3 cm and 75% effaced according to my midwife. Then I took castor oil!

Acupuncture??

JENNY, 38~ preschool teacher, birth activist, sun worshiper, singer, married for 17 years and mom to

Karan 15, Fiona 12, Bodhi 10, Bjorn 6, Devon 3, and Robin Taylor born January 16th!

#4 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 01:40 PM

as PP said so much work done already, sure it will not be long now
#5 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 03:53 PM
tls

I am exactly the same as you, 3-4 cm dilated, 70% effaced, at least this is what I have been at since Tuesday. I have no clue how to get labor going. I've been trying a lot of things and nothing has helped yet. Just wanted to let you know you're not alone.
#6 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 04:08 PM

i know this won't make you feel any better, but man, i'm so jealous. you'll start out labor almost halfway there. so much less work when the time does come. i have no idea how to get things moving or i'd already be holding my baby, but i'm thinking of you.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#7 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 04:11 PM

Ah, yes... the double edge sword of knowing what your cervix is doing. Like others have said... I think it's great you have come this far prior to labor!

And since your cervix is so ripe, it probably won't take much to make it happen, either.
#8 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 04:22 PM

As with the PPs, in a way, you can feel lucky that so much work has been done already. You might not feel lucky until labor starts though. I know it must be frustrating when you just want it to happen. You can try sex, massage, acupuncture. Some other posts are talking about herbs & tinctures to get things moving too.

I'm not having an internal until my due date & I'm trying to not expect going early to minimize my frustration. Even though I'm uncomfortable, I keep thinking that every day I have is another day to nap & do as I please. That attitude may change if my due date comes & goes though.

Hang in there, you are getting so close.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#9 of 9 Old 06-02-2007, 07:21 PM

It's no fun going through this.

A while back I wrote something along the lines of "I hope I have some prodromal labor so I won't be in hard labor too long". Now, after actually having gone through prodromal land, I hope it never happens again. Being "part of the way there" really weighs on the mind.

I hope you go into labor soon but in the meantime, try and relax and maybe do something non-pregnancy related.

Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page