*~Weekly Thread June 4-10~* - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You know, guys, I just got so much less comfortable the past day or so... I can be very uncomfy for a while more, right?

What's funny is that *I* don't mind if the baby comes whenever s/he comes, but I'm so paranoid about having it tomorrow and screwing up DH's work that has to get done!!!

(He's not a monster. I'm not worried that he'll beat me or anything. But, as a scientist, he's got an experiment in the works that simply must be done tomorrow due to the nature of "stuff that grows" at certain rates... Missing tomorrow would mean the past however many weeks were completely wasted.)

Mostly I can't quantify how I feel different. I just do. I sure hope it is just paranoia messing with me!

--willo
#62 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 02:12 PM

So does anyone else wake up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat? It happened last night & it was so cool in our bedroom. It happens every once in a while (only in my later months of PG though). Weird.

Willo, You can hold on (our D Days are a few days apart). I too have been so much less comfortable the past few days too, like no matter what or how little I ate, heartburn. Today is better, but now I am starving & want to eat everything in site. Snarf! I know what you mean about interferring with DHs work. John has been so busy lately (he's doing 2 jobs, had 3 weeks worth of meetings & 2 new employees starting in the past week). I'd like for him to get a little caught up before Ian comes. But Ian will arrive when he arrives.

So no posts from Jilian lately, she must be busy...wonder if baby has arrived?

Hang in there everyone. The end is in sight!!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#63 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 02:35 PM

So weird... the last few days I have been a little "out of breath" and I joked with my midwife about it. She asked how my iron intake was, peeked and we hadn't taken blood to check my iron since like 12 weeks. So I said, what the hell, let's check it again to be sure. Turns out it's a litttttle bit on the lower side (but still in normal range, so not anemic) I ran to her house to get the Floradix today and took a shot of it right away in her kitchen. LOL

I'm feeling the need to stock up food all of a sudden. I got a ton at Whole Foods and I think I'm going to run by our other grocery store today. DH isn't as good at buying the "right" things, so I want to make sure we at least have staples. I think I'll be going twice a week now til the baby comes.
#64 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 02:53 PM

I have a quick question...yesterday at my mw appt she was going to sweep my membranes however I'm only 1 cm so she did a little stretch etc. It wasn't terribly uncomfortable. I had some spotting immediately which continued till about bedtime I also lost a bit more mucus. Today still loosing mucus and some of it is pink tinged. If that was going to do anythin ghow long would it take??
#65 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Megan - I think that it will happen within 24 hours of membrane stripping. I went into labour with ds1 about 36 hours after my membranes were stripped. Good luck!!!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#66 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 03:27 PM

Shell El- Even being on the border of normal hemoglobin or hemotocrit can make you feel tired, out of breath or "anemic". The Floradix is a great idea. Getting out of breath is just part of being PG anyway between hormones & reduced lung capacity. Sometimes I walk up our stairs too fast & I feel like I'm going to implode.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#67 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 05:20 PM

im too miserable to function...almost too miserable to whine about how miserable i am....luckily for you guys, i have just enough strength for a solid whine

first off, someone is kicking me in the crotch when im not looking, and i wanna know who, cause im gonna get em! my crotch hurts so flippin bad that i cant sit, walk, lay down, relax, cdertainly not sleep. the only thing that makes it feel better is an ice pack, BUT im allergic to ice! : (actually, its an allergy to anything cold...) SO, if i keep an ice pack on my crotch long enough to make it feel better, i break out in huge, itchy, burning welts/hives. yeah, that helps things!

my back, which had FINALLY started improving thanks to my chiro, has gone totally out of whack...hurts in a totally new place. ive got an appt on fri, but that doesnt help me now.

ive puked once today, and feel #2 brewing.

my dog, who is in heart failure, causing her lungs to fill with fluid only let me have 3.5 hours of sleep last because she was up coughing and wheezing

my 5 year old woke up at 5, because of the dog and is now out of control cranky

i think the baby has gone breech again~ ill find out tomorrow :

my home visit is tomorrow and my house is a disgusting mess and i seem to have lost the ability to bend down in the last couple days, i mean, i seriously cant pick stuff up off the floor....

IM DONE! GET HIM OUT OF ME NOW! :
#68 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM

OH! AND there is no end in site! My due date *could* be as late as July 2 (according to u/s, but DH and i are certain according to conception its more like 6/20-22...no LMP) I was induced at 4 weeks with my other 2, SO, technically, i could go until mid Juy!

i want my pity party now
#69 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 07:47 PM

jbobys- sorry you are having such a tough time. the dog situation sounds really awful. All I can say is to hang in there. Don't focus on past births or a potential July due date, one day at a time. Baby could be here before you know it & things will get better. Can you try to get some time to yourself tonight or plan something nice for yourself (like a massage) soon?

I am just so uncomfortable today. It's like I hit 38 wks & Bam! I'm super uncomfortable. I guess it could have started earlier with the discomfort. My stomach is so crushed I either have indigestion, nausea or pain. I took a swig of Ginger Ale & the bubbles made my stomach feel like it was exploding.

#70 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 PM

Ugh...I have been puking my guts out all afternoon. Since I'm pretty sure I'm over the flu bug maybe this is the pre-baby-purge? I can hope, right? Anything to put a positive spin on this afternoon's loss of food and the memory of food and the ghost of a memory of food.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow afternoon (my appointment is a bit before 4pm) if these contactions have been doing anything, and I'll ask for a sweep so maybe Roro will be out and about and leaving my poor abused inner organs alone shortly!

Here's hoping we have a few more babes tonight to give some of us early June mamas a break! (Though Willo I totally hear you on the whole DH-is-a-science-dude angle...my DH has been trying to keep all sorts of notes so if he has to drop everything he wont lose any research).

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#71 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 09:26 PM

hmmm it's been 32hrs still loosing stuff s we'll see.
#72 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 11:43 PM

wombat- Sorry about all the puking. What a drag, the last thing you need at this point. I think you've had the puking record since I joined MDC. I hope you feel better soon.

#73 of 118 Old 06-06-2007, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock_dr View Post
We had our baby girl, Gabriella Lucille, at 3:02 am on June 5. It was a dramatic birth that almost ended in transfer from the birth center, but I managed to get her out (while ambulance was waiting and EMTs in hallway!). birth story later.
Welcome, baby Gabriella, and congratulations! Can't wait to hear the rest of the story.
#74 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 12:42 AM

I think my water just broke. Every time I change positions I feel and am "leaky". I kept thinking that the storms coming in tonight might help out and I'm starting to think they are.

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#75 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 01:10 AM

woohoo jessica! good luck and keep us updated!!
#76 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 09:55 AM

Jessica: Exciting!!! Keep us posted!

Megan: How's it going down there now?

Wombat: I really do hope that it's pre-labour purging ... at least that it make the puking worthwhile.

#77 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 10:22 AM

WOO HOO Jessica hope all is going well for you this AM.

Wombat good luck with the purging. I agree hopefully it's baby related and worthwhile.

As for me Shannon still some bh type stuff going on and regular trips to the bathroom. I think it took my best friend 48hrs so I hope I'm not out of this till my next appt. Some sort of horrid pain woke me in the night but then it went away and I went back to sleep. I guess it was some sort of contrax it wrapped around and went down my legs and I thought to myself two more of these and DH is getting up but alas there was only one that I know of.
#78 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 11:18 AM

Anybody else feeling depressed about all these babies being born, and not yours? Well, I am. My EDD was May/June. Then my MW kept talking May 27th. So, I have been patiently waiting since May27th for this little baby to come. Well, it isn't here yet. My MW called yesterday and said that she went over my charts and figured that the EDD was more than likely wrong by 7-10 days. So that would put me right at 40 weeks this week. I hope she is right. I feel like I am way over due, since I have been waiting since May. Then I see all these babies being born and nothing is happening with mine. I actually tried castor oil last week and nothing. My mom is coming into town tonight to help out with the baby, so I am going to try castor oil tonight to see if I can get this little one out. My patience is getting very thin, watiting and waiting and waiting.
#79 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 11:38 AM

Yeah, you know, it's really ironic...normally my family is really really healthy. Like, one or two colds a year tops. And then I get pregnant and all of a sudden we're the plague house! I think we haven't had a solid month of good health for everyone since October! And that's just insane.

Ah well, maybe once this pregnancy is over...

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#80 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookibabe View Post
Anybody else feeling depressed about all these babies being born, and not yours?
To be honest. Yup. I'm "only" 39 weeks so I probably shouldn't feel that way, but DD1 was born at 38 weeks and DD2 came at 37 weeks exactly so I've never been this far along before and I feel very, very overdue. I really expected to have a May baby. Everyone I know IRL who was due after me has already had their babies. I'm happy for the other mamas, but so wish my baby would come on out and play too.

My mom is coming today and leaving on the 22nd and I'm getting worried that she won't even get to meet this baby before she goes. So much for basing her visit on my past delivery history. Ugh. I have my 39 week appt today. I'm going to meet the new midwife today. Blech. I was hoping baby would come before I got to that point, but I guess she had other plans. I'm sure she's nice and wonderful and all that, but I just want someone around me that I've built a relationship with not some complete stranger. Guess there's a reason for everything though, so I'll just try to go with the flow.

I wish I could come here and post something positive or exciting, but I don't feel that way these days. I hope you all understand. Thinking of each of you. Can't wait until we're all holding our little ones in our arms.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#81 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 12:03 PM

I'm excited for all of those who are getting some labor action going, and so glad it isn't me yet.

DH told me this morning that he thinks we'll have this baby this weekend. Now, his mother is a psychic (professionally, a medical intuitive) and he is kind of amusingly normally a complete dead-zone of NON-sensitivity to psychic stuff. (Drives him crazy as he'd love to study it.) HOWEVER, he did predict the correct day that DS would be born (4 days before due date, and he wrote it in a sealed envelope and gave it to me, so I wasn't influenced by expectations!) and he has also known immediately each time we conceived (long before I felt anything.) So, it is possible that he has psychic ability in only one area--that of his offspring's gestation.

Basically, I keep planning as though we will have our baby at/around the due date, but, Who knows?!?

Who was it who posted that they've just gotten so uncomfy at 38 weeks? Me too!!! Well, okay, I got uncomfortable Tuesday evening and I'm 38 weeks today, but similar. Every time I stand up, I am in pain from the baby's position. I have to hobble around for a minute to loosen things up. : Perhaps it is just because I missed a chiro appt last week due to DS's ER visit, but I think it is more baby-positioning and maybe size.

I wish I had a sense of how big this kid is. I know some study found mothers' guesses were really accurate. Darn it, I just have no idea, though! I'm a little bit slow as far as all the "baby sensing" stuff goes--position, size, etc. I'm clueless. DS was 7# 4.5 oz, which was great. I know second kids are often bigger. How much bigger? I must admit, I'm a little afraid of passing the 8# mark... I am now regretting the fact that I didn't monitor my protein intake for this child like I did (due to our Bradley classes) with DS. I know I ate less protein and more carbs, and I'm afraid I will "suffer" for that... A little late now!

Oh, and the A/C system was actually finished on schedule yesterday. Yay! There was a little stress (to me) when the installer didn't want to have to pull out a fairly huge stump of an old rose bush that had to come out to put the condenser in. (Sad to lose it. ) I could tell he wanted me to say it was okay to put the unit to the side, but it would've BLOCKED a basement WINDOW. I hate being demanding. I'm really bad at it! But, I said, "I just can't imagine [your boss, the owner, who did the estimate] meant for the unit to go in front of a window and didn't mention that!!!" I mean, if someone had told me to have some yard work done before the install, I would've. Nothing had changed. But I got all tense and went inside to cry and call DH. I'm ridiculous, I know. But it all worked out in the end. :

Funny. I've read all of today's posts, and I guess I'm just less talkative than normal. (She says after writing a NOVEL in the weekly thread! ) That isn't a sign, is it?!?

Oh, and I had a string (6?) of 1 minute long ctx about 10 minutes apart this morning. Luckily right after DH left for work, or I would've really freaked him out.

--willo
#82 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM

Willo- Our due dates are close & it was me who mentioned getting uncomfy at 38 weeks (actually a few days before the official date). I'm still not antsy about not being there yet, guess I'd like a little bit longer too.

Although, I'm considering letting them do an internal on Monday (39 wks) just in the hopes of getting things moving, I haven't had one since last November by another MW that I dumped. I was going to wait until my 40wk appt but I don't know if I have the patience. Pregnancy is really teaching me to be patient b/c I am essentially an impatient person. I've been so good about my wanting to rush this.

Our flurry of births is so exciting. I want to be part of it.

#83 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 12:38 PM

Sooooo...

I'm having a few contractions, BUT for the first time today I actually have some bloody show! Ack! I don't want to jinx myself, and I'm sort of afraid I'll go to my appointment this afternoon and be told I'm still totally closed...but it's hard not to hope!

I'm past my due date, I'm ready to go, yesterday certainly cleared out my system...and now show! I have to admit, pregnancy does funny things to me. I honestly can't think of any other time I'd be happy to go to the bathroom and find bloody goop on my underwear, you know?

Time to go make some more RRL tea I think! And call DH to let him know those post-it notes had better be up to date. He has 5 experiments going on right now (he's "lab boss") and he's going to have to prep the post-docs for some independent work if Roro is looking to make her entrance today or tomorrow.

Of course, now that I've posted this I'll probably be pregnant till father's day, but I can hope!

#84 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 01:26 PM

Wombat, sounds like you are ready. It's good timing that you have an appt today. I'm sure things are moving along. It's gotta be anyday now. good luck!

#85 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 02:22 PM

Good luck, Wombat!

Is anyone else worried about how many ENORMOUS babies we've had born to our DDC?

Sheesh! I'm worried about over 8 pounds, and then to read about all the 10 pounders... Um... Now I'm getting nervous!

--willo
#86 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 02:37 PM

DD was 9lbs 5 oz (or 6oz, depnding on which birth doc you go with). In my mom's family anything under 9 lbs is basically unheard of...even the one preemie was over 7 pounds and he was more than a month preemie!

When I was in the hospital with dd there were two other mamas from my birth group...oddly enough, all three of us had c/s (and we were in the homebirth/natural birth group, and our hospital rarely does that many c/s in a month let alone in a few days, AND none of us had OBs! the stars must have been in a surgical mood that week).

Anyway, I had a 9lb 5oz babe, the next mama had a ten pound even babe, but mama number three had a babe who was just over 12 lbs! And she is the teeny tiniest itty bitty woman ou have ever seen...probably 95 pounds soaking wet and not even 5 feet tall. Of course, her husband is built like a Viking warrior and has to both duck and turn sort of sideways to get into rooms...

So don't worry about an 8 pounder! You can do it!

#87 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM

Okay, just had my 38 week visit. The little critter is posterior again. Oh sigh. I've now met all of the midwives in the birth center, and this one was nice and positive.

Is it wrong to be so delighted that I *lost* one pound instead of gaining more weight? : (Don't worry--I've gained 37 from my pre-pg weight, and I wasn't dainty before.)

I have seriously gotten so uncomfortable moving around! Arg! I actually feel like I can't really run errands or do anything anymore. It isn't energy, but mobility, that seems impaired...

Ah well. Every baby gets born EVENTUALLY, right?

--willo
#88 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 05:58 PM

So, home again home again jiggity jig...

DH was able to come home and watch Laia so my doc appointment today was a mini-vacation.

I'm 2cm dilated, 60% effaced, Roro is at one station, and nicely positioned for a smooth exit (head down, anterior with a "good midline"...whatever the midline thing means). I did ask for (and get) a sweep. So we'll see if that moves this show on the road a bit.

It was sort of funny, Dr Heidi is doing the sweep and I'm chatting about some tv show (Runway Mom) and she finally asked, "can you feel what I'm doing here?" and I was like "yes, of course, and it's not very comfy and I wouldn't do it for fun but it's certainly not a horrible experience or anything". She was pretty amused...I guess most mamas aren't as deep in the "zen insanity" and generally comment about how un-comfy the whole thing is. But then again, you've asked someone to pull on your cervix for 10-15 minutes so I'm not sure what you're expecting out of the experience! :LOL

So...I wish I was more dilated, or more effaced, or more...well...having a baby. But you never know!

#89 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 07:38 PM

Ugh, I hate this intuition crap. I have a "feeling" today. I'm extremely crampy... the weather is unsettled. I feel like I could have a baby tonight. I'm really tired from lack of sleep but also cannot nap.

I'll most likely still be pregnant tomorrow. But today I feel weird. Does that make sense to anyone else?
#90 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 09:44 PM

Wombat & Shell - EXCITING!!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page