*~Weekly Thread June 4-10~* - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#91 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell_Ell View Post
Ugh, I hate this intuition crap. I have a "feeling" today. I'm extremely crampy... the weather is unsettled. I feel like I could have a baby tonight. I'm really tired from lack of sleep but also cannot nap.

I'll most likely still be pregnant tomorrow. But today I feel weird. Does that make sense to anyone else?
yes makes sense, i am awake it is almost 2am here. I felt like yesterday things might kick off tonight. It was strange my whole family all seperately called from South Africa yesterday and both my birth companions phoned to say their bags were packed and they were ready to come to me as soon as i phoned.

I am so uncomfortable i just hate to hope too much that this is it, now the question is should i blow up my pool or wait until things increase in intensity? My dh is away off shore so there is no one else to do it unless i get my sister to come now but i want to wait until i am certain and don't want to have the pool up the pool when things get more intense. I have no space in the house ofr a pool if this is a false alarm, just wish i knew...

Best birthing vibes to everyone else on the verg or or in labour
#92 of 118 Old 06-07-2007, 11:14 PM

Well, I haven't had any more show, my contractions aren't any stronger or more frequent than they were this morning, and I'm going to guess that today's sweep didn't do much.

I did go to the mall with DH and DD this evening to pick up a few things and to walk around for an hour to see if that might help, and despite my still wonky tummy I noshed on a yummy super spicy burrito (well, super spicy for me anyway). It actually seemed to calm my stomache a bit so at least that's a good!

But in terms of having Roro in the next few hours I'm thinking "not so much".

As my doula says (and as I've said to clients of my own)...there's only one way off this ride and that babe really will be coming out. Just give them time and space.

But I'd totally forgotten how hard it is to be at this point in pregnancy! I'm still feeling prety zen-insane about the whole thing and I'm certainly aware that there isn't much I can do to move her along...but it's hard when each morning I wake up and say "maybe tonight I'll be holding Roro!" and then when night comes it's just me and a belly full of squirmy baby induced heartburn.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#93 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 01:25 AM

Well, I may have posted too soon...the "banana slug" has left the building so to speak.

I've now joined the camp of "no more mucus plug" + "semi regular contractions". I'm going to bed (me and my heartburn) and we'll see what the morning brings. It would be nice to get DD up in the morning, turn her over to my mom, have the babe, enjoy the hospital mama-lunch or mama-dinner and be home in time for bed. But then again...the banana slug o' cervical mucus still gave me a week or two before dd was born, so I suppose we'll see what we see!

Finger's crossed though!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#94 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 07:53 AM

hey all----

i wanted to stop feeling like a total voyeur, so i thought i'd post a little something here....i'm due 6/16 with my first baby, and live in east TN with my amazing and wonderful fiance, joshua. i've gotten a lot of great info and feedback/reaffirmation from the postings i've read here----learned a lot and feel a bit less mystified by everything i've been feeling and experiencing during these last weeks of pregnancy. i must say that i do believe i've had a pretty incredibly ideal experience---but have wondered a lot about how to 'know' when labor was really under way, etc., etc.

anyway, we're using a (great) midwife and birthing at home, doing cloth diapers, not circumcising our baby if it's a boy (we don't know the sex), which is pretty freakin' rare around here, but it's great to read postings from moms/future moms who consider those choices no-brainers.....(and no offense to anyone who makes different choices!). we're also discussing whether or not to do any/some/all vaccinations---there's probably a separate place to discuss it, but i am interested to know what choices others have made/will make in this area.....i'm pretty clear on many things, and have strong feelings about lots of aspects of being a good and responsible mom, but this is a muddier area for me.

so i'm 39 weeks today and gigantic (at least, to me)----did think i'd have released this baby out into the world by now, but i guess it's still marinating. i was 1 cm dilated at 36 weeks, and perhaps that got my hopes up somehow....my fiance was 11lb 12oz at birth, and i suppose i'd hoped this baby would be a bit earlier than 40 weeks so as to perhaps be a bit smaller.....but i've released any anxiety or wishes for anything specific in terms of time....i trust that the baby will come when the time is right and it's ready.

best wishes to everyone here, both those who are brand new moms, and those soon-to-be.......

paula
#95 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 09:48 AM

Wombat's in labor! Woo hoo!
Of course, I found out yesterday--and didn't get around to posting--which homeopathic remedies would help with nausea/vomiting in labor, like Wombat posted about in her first labor. Darn it! (It's a choice between Ipecacuanha and Phosphorous. Decide based upon your usual/general temperament/personality. A more gloomy or peevish or sedate person would take Ip. A more bubbly/outgoing person should take Phos.) I think Jilian was the one who'd asked me about that, too, and I'm too late for her, too! Darn slowpoke willo!

Welcome, Paula. It's never too late to chime in.

DS slept in my bed again last night. The glue in his room is still a bit too stinky for us to want him sleeping in there. This afternoon, I'm going to close the closet door (where the stinky glued A/C conduit is) and see if the smell will stay contained enough for him to use his own bed again! It would be a relief to me. I worry all night that he will fall out of my (high) bed, plus he loves to rotate at night and start kicking me in the belly or face. : (I love having him back in my bed occasionally, but the second night in a row loses its charm.)

Should I reschedule my midwife appt for next week? As usual, I've ended up with an appt to see the one mw that I like the least and have seen the most times! Is it a sign? Will she be the one at my birth, or am I "getting her out of my system"?!? I think I'm going to call and see if they can reschedule. I'm just tired of that one.

It is much harder to get a decent appt time now that I'm scheduling only one week ahead! I really want to go in the late morning, but those were all booked up. Maybe I'll just call and see which, if any, day they can put me in a late morning appt? They hardly do anything when I'm there, being fairly non-interventive. Can it matter if I'm there a couple of days sooner or later?

--willo
#96 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 11:18 AM

I hope this is it for you, Clay!

Sally... anything happen for you?

Nothing here. Even DTD last night. Maybe I just had gas or something. I feel back to normal today after a good nights sleep and I think the Floradix has kicked in now.

I still have a week until my EDD. I need to be reminded of that. I shouldn't expect anything before then.
#97 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 12:05 PM

Hey, Paula! We're due date buddies. I haven't posted too much either, but chime in whenever I can! Welcome and good luck birthing your babe. It won't be long now!

As for me, I'm not dilated, baby at -2 station, and feeling terrible from a cold/sinus/chest thingy that won't leave me alone. Cross your fingers that this goes away before I go into labor!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#98 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 12:11 PM

consider my fingers crossed for you, savvy....

i, too, have to keep reminding myself that i have another week before my EDD....
#99 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 01:15 PM

Hi Paula- Glad you're here. I'm due on the 18th & have been here for about 2.5 mths.

I'm starting to research the whole vaccine thing too. It's so confusing, somedays I think I'll be doing an alternative schedule, other days I say no vaccines. There's a vaccines forum (& any other forum you could want) here & I have 2 books (one which comes highly recommended from Peggy O'Mara- publisher of Mothering magazine). Here are 2 books that might help....if you do decide to vaccinate, you have plenty of time to figure it out.

1. Vaccinations: A Thoughtful Parent's Guide: How to Make Safe, Sensible Decisions about the Risks, Benefits, and Alternatives by Aviva Jill Romm
2. What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Children's Vaccinations by Stephanie Cave

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#100 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Finished kitchen photos:
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...06050070SW.jpg
http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...050066East.jpg

I know some of you have been waiting for pictures. The fridge and kitchen table aren't in place yet in these, but you can see the countertops, paint, new floor, etc. (Although the floor looks much darker in the picture than it does in real life. Hmm...)

Enjoy!

--willo
#101 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 06:53 PM

The kitchen looks great Willo. Glad it's done before baby arrives.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#102 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 07:17 PM

He's here!!! Joseph Raymond was born at 6:04 yesterday morning after approx. 7 1/2 hours labor (4 of which were in the car!). He's a very healthy 8 lb. 15 oz handsome guy! I'll post details later.

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#103 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 07:23 PM

Congrats on baby Joseph! Nearly a 9-pounder. Wow!

I want to hear about the 4 hrs in the car.

#104 of 118 Old 06-08-2007, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post
Congrats on baby Joseph! Nearly a 9-pounder. Wow!

I want to hear about the 4 hrs in the car.
Ummm. We choose a birth center that is normally about 3 hours away (as we were much more comfortable with the midwife there and we liked their philosophy better than anyone else we found closer), but I had to make DH stop more often the other night! But, the drive was difficult especially towards the end as I was 9+ cm when we arrived at the bc. But, we made it even though I didn't think I was going to at the end and everything was beautiful!

Jessica-Wife to Tim and SAHM to DS (6/07) and : due 4/10
#105 of 118 Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Oh, I get it. Duh! Sorry you had to go so far to find a place you liked. Sounds like it worked out well though.

#106 of 118 Old 06-09-2007, 05:47 AM

So, I've been having some pretty serious menstrual-like cramps for the past half hour, cannot sleep in between them. Earlier this evening I felt some weird pressure & was wondering if things were moving along. It definitely feels weird to have cramps after 9+ mths of not having them.

I decided to get up to move around & have a little wine to see if it relaxes things, maybe I'll try a bath too. I don't want to bother DH or anyone else at this hour. I guess it could just be BH, although none of them have hurt to date. If labor isn't imminent, my body is definitely doing something to get ready. Open Up Cervix!!!!

I was finishing my Ina May book this afternoon, maybe all those birth stories got me going.

My best friend's 3 yr son predicted that June 9th would be my due date, maybe he's right?

#107 of 118 Old 06-09-2007, 01:24 PM

Well, I have been away from the computer for a few days, had some issues with my internet and also needed some "space" from hearing about all the babies being born. But I am back and today is my EDD, still pregnant as can be and afraid this baby will make the "big baby list" on our ddc too.

Congradulations to EVERYONE who has had a baby and is in the process of birthing, it is just so precious and exciting to hear of all these babies. I am getting very baby googly: lately, just keep dreaming of holding my new babe. I have had time to meditate going longer than I had anticipated and am now really content with still being pregnant.

Willow Your kitchen looks really nice, I am jealous, we are renting a condo and have a very small kitchen, looks like you have a lot of floor space, very nice.

awallrising
Those sound like pre-labor symptoms to me, keep us posted on how it progresses.

RobbinsCongradulations on your new arrival, sounds like a rough trip in the car, I am impressed, that will definately be something to remember

There is a lot to catch up on, but I will try to.

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#108 of 118 Old 06-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Hi guys--

I think I'm feeling not-so-chatty today. I have too much nesting to do now that my kitchen is done!

We hired a couple of guys to come for about 2 hours this morning to move about a dozen large, heavy objects, so now I can FINALLY do all kinds of stuff I've been waiting for.

Mom arrives late tonight (11:30 pm -- my FIL will go to the airport as we are SO asleep by then! ) Her bed has been retrieved from the attic and the mattress is airing and then I can make that up for her.

My fridge and table are now in place, as are my storage drawers, so I can move all the food from the "temporary kitchen" (aka dining room) into its rightful home.

I keep having periodic cramps, but nothing regular yet. DH says I've met our first goal (no baby before this weekend) but he sure hopes now I can wait until next Friday, too, as he's got a promising post-doc candidate to interview on Thursday. I told him, look, I've been telling the baby to wait until the 9th, so we can't change our story now. (After all this, I'll probably be one whose baby comes in July! I really want a JUNE baby.)

Insomnia--possibly nesting-induced--struck at 3 am today, so I was up early puttering around. I think I need a nap this afternoon.

Oh, and we're having another little meeting with our doula today since I wasn't even visibly pregnant yet when we hired her.

--willo
#109 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 01:06 AM

Hey, I wanted to join in on the fun. I normally don't have time for much computering but my Dh took dD to California for the weekend. She is almost 2 and never been away before. I am due next weekend but hope to have the baby this week. Missing my first baby but enjoying the quite time. Is anyone planning to deliver their baby?
#110 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 11:41 AM

Anyone else wishing their babe was here already?

I'm tired and cranky today, dd woke up yelling "daaaa-deeee!" and didn't want to have anything to do with me when I went in to get her. Not a nice start to the day!
I'm still coughing like my lungs are going to fall out, but thankfully my cold is subsiding.
Suddenly I'm beginning to doubt my ability to go into labor on my own. I think this fear stems from me not being allowed to the first time around with dd#1 (I was induced because my water had been leaking for 12 hours; this time I will lie about the time if it happens again!!). I KNOW that my body and babe can do this and WILL do this when they are ready...I guess I'm just having worries.
*sigh*
Think I'll go take a nap while dd and dh are playing outside.

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#111 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 01:05 PM

this thread has been sooo quiet the last several days!!

i know i havent felt like posting~ i feel like crap and want this baby out!

so,, friday, to add to my super awesome week : i was rear ended on the way to preschool. thankfully i was the 3rd car in a 3 car pile and my trailblazer barely got touched (the poor little car that hit me is squashed). i was really shaken up, though. they were going to bring me to the ER, but i had both kids and my dog in the car...plus i didnt want my car towed, as it was working just fine. so, i ended up dropping DS at school, the firemen took my dog to the firestation and lexa and i went to the er, where DH met us. was sent to labor and delivery and hooked up and monitored for an hour and 1/2. what a scary place to be at 38 weeks when youre planning a homebirth! baby and i were fine, so we went about our day.

this, of course was after getting a fun 4 hours of sleep the night before~ i thought i was in labor for about 4 hours, turned out to be a horrific tummy bug. :

i have accepted that this is not just a bug, but rather the *end* of pregnancy...im cnstantly nauseous and throwing EVERYTHING up...have been for over a week now. im so freaking miserable!

had my home visit on thurs which was fine..cept my house was a mess and i was really embarrassed.

get him out!!!!
#112 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 01:35 PM

savvy & jbobys- sorry that things are so miserable. Hang in there, baby will be here soon.

Yes, it's been very quiet this weekend. Is it the nice weather or is everyone busy having babies or tending to their new babies?

#113 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post
Yes, it's been very quiet this weekend. Is it the nice weather or is everyone busy having babies or tending to their new babies?
I'm not posting as much as I've run out of things to say. I'm still pg and so ready to meet this baby, but nothing I've tried has coaxed her out. I'm trying to still post congrats to all the lucky mamas who are holding their babies in their arms, but as each day passes I start to feel more and more sorry for myself that I'm not holding my baby too. How awful is that?!? I wish I didn't feel that way, but try as hard as I can I can't help it. So, instead I just get quiet and stop posting. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#114 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtokay View Post
I'm not posting as much as I've run out of things to say. I'm still pg and so ready to meet this baby, but nothing I've tried has coaxed her out. I'm trying to still post congrats to all the lucky mamas who are holding their babies in their arms, but as each day passes I start to feel more and more sorry for myself that I'm not holding my baby too. How awful is that?!? I wish I didn't feel that way, but try as hard as I can I can't help it. So, instead I just get quiet and stop posting. You know what they say, if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all.

YOu couldn't have said it any better, I know exactly how you feel!!
Woke up this morning and went into the bathroom and just started crying and crying, dh and ds were so worried and all I could say was "I can't believe I woke up pregnant again!!"

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
#115 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 06:28 PM

So we went to the Farmer's Market today... 2.5 mile walk there and back. I lost some mucus plug (a little blood tinged, but not quite what I'd call bloody show) and I've been cramping all day. I have pressure coming every 10 min or so, but it honestly feels NOTHING like contractions did with my son so it's sort of confusing. It just feels like the baby is pushing down on my cervix for half a min or so.

It's supposed to be hot here this week, so I'm thinking we'll be over at my mom's swimming in her pool a lot this week. I have plans every day but tomorow, including on my due date, so hopefully this week won't go to slow.

I'm so excited for our new mamas around here. I'm definately drawing off of all the positive birthing energy! I will remember some of your birth stories during my own labor, I'm sure. If you guys can do it, so can I!
#116 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 06:31 PM

momtokay & herbmama- It's ok to vent. I'm not due yet & I'm trying to stay calm. We'll see how calm I am if 6-18 comes & goes though. Hang in there. You'll be holding your baby soon enough. Take it one day at a time & try to sleep as much as you can.

#117 of 118 Old 06-10-2007, 08:26 PM

I didn't expect this, but I think all the posts from people who are "overdue" and upset is kind of making me feel like I should be upset, you know? Even though mostly I am very cool with my due date being 11 - 13 days away, I guess I'm feeling peer-pressure!

Plus, my internet connection has been going in and out due to some stupid wireless network issues. :

So I will try to babble my usual volumes, but I guess, compared to people announcing their new babies, my blah-blah doesn't seem so important!

Plus, my kitchen is done. What else have I got to complain about?

--willo
#118 of 118 Old 06-11-2007, 12:48 PM

Had bloody show and mucas plug this morning, having lots of cramping, like I am going to start a major period, and lots of pressure down low. MW says this is the very beginings, I am very hopeful this could be the very early starts. I can't imagine this baby getting any lower!! Please think of me as I couldn't possibly handle another false start!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page