Thread for mamas who are STILL pregnant! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-14-2007, 07:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
awallrising- I'm right there with you. My due date is Mon. too!

The cramps and ctx are about to make me nuts. They're enough to make me notice them and make me uncomfortable at night but they aren't shaping up into labor. I've been losing my mucus plug off and on for the last week and more today. I'm already thinning out and dilated to 3cm so I can't do to much more "prepping". I felt fine for a few days while the false labor was gone. I was just waiting. Now its back and I'm getting anxious and want the baby out!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2007, 08:36 PM

hi all,
my edd is june 27th, so i'm there with you later ladies. we can talk to each other and be jealous of everyone else!

had about 4-5 hours of braxton hicks, menstrual like cramps, and back cramps on monday. thought "is this it?" all day at school. nothing timed or routine, so i just mustered thorugh the discomfort. went into the city to run an errand (just in case that was it) and it all went away. not much since. i few contractions during "knocked up" last night (i can't even sit in a movie b/c i get so uncomfortable), but they were nothing compared to monday. so, not much here.

went to midwife today who guestimated baby weight at 7lb10oz on the generous side, 7lb5oz on the lighter side. big girl coming out! i'm measuring at 40 weeks (was last week, too), head down and engaged...sigh.

i was pooping like a champ but that seemed to stop...

so, it looks like i'm hanging on for a while more. i am anxious but also a little nervous/scared for the labor, the life change, etc. but right now i feel like i''m living in a limbo of sorts...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

I had the scary thought today that this baby doesn't want to be a Gemini, that this baby wants to be a Cancer...
Old 06-14-2007, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyandCleo View Post
LOL. I know exactly how you feel. Although my husband insists that the one day the house looks like a tornado hit it will be the day I go into labor. Hmmm.... maybe I should try that strategy.... nothing else seems to be bringing the baby on...
ha ha! Well in that case my baby should have been born weeks ago Maybe if you let the house go to *%&* and I start cleaning mine we'll both be successful.

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
Old 06-15-2007, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaKat View Post
I had the scary thought today that this baby doesn't want to be a Gemini, that this baby wants to be a Cancer...
get outta my head, woman!!!
Old 06-15-2007, 10:52 AM

I've been up and down all night. Where do you buy an extra bladder? Due date is in three days now. What is he waiting for?
Old 06-15-2007, 11:09 AM

Another day to wonder about. At least DH can finish up some work today. A weekend baby would be nice. I can't imagine how I will feel if Monday comes & goes with no baby. One day at a time.

Well, at least cramps didn't keep me up last night...I did have a lot of trouble falling asleep though. A long nap will be in order later. I was having some serious BH that were a little of uncomfortable but little cramping. I can't stand the "is this it?" feeling every time I have a serious bout of cramps. Either I'm in labor or I'm not. :

I've had no sign of losing my mucus plug & of course Ian is still way high up. I guess neither of those things is too important as far as indicating labor (or lack thereof).

I hope at least some of you are off having your babies!!!!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Old 06-15-2007, 12:36 PM

castor oil didnt work i really hope things don't take too long tomorrow.
Old 06-15-2007, 01:40 PM

Pelvic pain that kicks in when I move so that I can barely stand up, never mind walk right now, contractions for the past six days, bah, humbug. :

I asked my doctor to do an internal check today, and while my cervix is low, I'm only 1 cm dilated and about 25% effaced. Barring unforeseen circumstances it's "not very likely" that I'll go into labour in the next few days. I'm "right on track for [my] due date," which is good, I guess, but given the pelvic pain/pressure and continuing contractions today I was hoping to hear that I'd be a bit further along in the process.

On the other hand, my GBS swab was negative and the weather this weekend is supposed to be really nice, so we'll get one more good couple-weekend out and about before I go into labour. Theoretically.
Old 06-15-2007, 02:29 PM

well, i'm officially overdue. and i got bad news at my appt yesterday. baby has turned posterior and midwife is pretty sure because of her size and mine that i won't be going into labor until she turns. i've been on hands and knees since the appt and baby hasn't even budged. sigh. i'm so tired and i feel absolutely completely defeated. my other two were well on their way to their one month birthdays by now. why isn't this one cooperating?!?

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 06-15-2007, 08:43 PM - Thread Starter

Nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing teensy piece of mucus plug nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing vague minor cramping nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing giant bowl of pineapple nothing nothing nothing nothing spicy dinner third night in a row nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing smallest tiniest speck of blood ever on TP nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Well, it's a little progress...

Old 06-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Well, it's a little progress...

ooooh, i'm sooooo jealous!!! wishing you all the best.

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 PM

On top of already feeling HUGE....2 days overdue and waddling....my son who is 2.5 years old decided to run from me at the park today. I was screaming my head off and could not run for my life....he even got to the beginning of the park and crossed the street..I took him home in a hurry (1 block away) and when I got there I scolded him as cried some...I was so upset.....so it's very much time for baby to come out...the acupuncture visits have not been moving things along any faster...and although I am taking 2000mg of EPO and insert a 1000mg at night....nothing.....not to mention the blue and black cohosh in homeopathic form.....Im starting them in ticture form tomorrow....

Mir
Old 06-15-2007, 11:41 PM

Checking in...

I wished I hadn't joked with DH about having a Father's Day present for him...

Mama to my spirited J, and L, my homebirth: baby especially DTaP, MMR (family vax injuries)
Old 06-16-2007, 06:23 PM

nothin nothin nothin! whole lotta nothin!
Old 06-16-2007, 07:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobys View Post
nothin nothin nothin! whole lotta nothin!
Me too.

In fact, I believe I am well on the way to becoming A Marvel of Science: The Woman Who Stayed Pregnant Forever.
Old 06-16-2007, 08:11 PM

(x-posted in weekly thread)

I had a massage scheduled for today & I let her work on some "points". I hope I didn't jump the gun (due date is Monday) ... I was going to wait another week but my impatience got the best of me. I hope hope hope it works. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. I can't even muster up the energy to walk my poor doggie.

Hoping for lots of babies this weekend!!!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Old 06-16-2007, 08:55 PM

posterior baby. no signs of anything happening. 3 days past my due date. please turn around and come out baby.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:00 PM

SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Avoid the pregnant woman. Calling or visiting to see if she is yes, STILL, pregnant could be dangerous to your health!

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

If one more person calls me to see if I'm still pregnant.....

Why does everyone want to keep calling to find out if the baby is here yet? Don't they think we would call them if it was. DH's grandmother has called a dozen times this week. She just tried to call 3 times today. THREE! I didn't even answer the phone! And she's just one of the family and friends calling.

Oh boy this baby has to come out. I can't take much more.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brittneyscott View Post
SURGEON GENERAL'S WARNING: Avoid the pregnant woman. Calling or visiting to see if she is yes, STILL, pregnant could be dangerous to your health!

DANGER! DANGER! DANGER!

If one more person calls me to see if I'm still pregnant.....
I hear you... it was BOTH of my sisters yesterday, mother the day before that, MIL and one of my sisters today.... But my sisters atleast were very good at not pointing out the obvious.

Old 06-16-2007, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericswifey27 View Post
But my sisters atleast were very good at not pointing out the obvious.
Oh, you mean they called and said "so..... what's up?" super casually???

Old 06-16-2007, 11:19 PM

I almost flipped out on my MIL today. She was goading me about how we hadn't had the baby yet (4 days past due date) and I was trying to politely ignore her. So, she says to me..." I think *I* must be more exicted about the baby being born than YOU are."

:
Old 06-17-2007, 03:18 AM

well, *something* has to be going on, right??? no, no more cntrx or plug, BUT ive been WAAAY to chipper the last 2 days and i had a serious nesting issue today! bought almost $400 worth of groceries to stock up today! then spent the entire evening and night making 2 pans of baked ziti to freeze, 2 pans of lasagna to freeze and a huge dinner for dh and myself (i think ive done that once in the last 9 months! ) the energy level is rediculous! AWESOMe, though

and, on the tmi front, i barely made it to the bathroom in the grocery store before exploding and barely made it across the bedroom as i was typing this! my tummys a mess! BUT, im not puking, so that makes me happy... OH! and ive been eating like a horse the last 24 hours!

this is good, right? :
Old 06-17-2007, 03:32 PM

I was really hoping that my massage was going to be a catalyst but nothing is happening. No cramping & I don't think I've lost even the tiniest piece of my mucous plug. People keep calling, but nobody is seriously asking if I've had the baby yet (like if I don't return a call ASAP, I must be off having a baby). My cousin keeps joking with me but I may have to put an end to the joking.

Seeing my MW tomorrow........my impatience is really kicking in now!!!! :

Old 06-17-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobys View Post
well, *something* has to be going on, right??? no, no more cntrx or plug, BUT ive been WAAAY to chipper the last 2 days and i had a serious nesting issue today!
oh, i could use some of that chipperness and energy!!! please feel free to share.

another morning and yup, still pg... i'm so, so, so ready for baby, but she's not turning and no signs of her coming out. how can i have two babies early and now be coming up on 41 weeks with nothing?!? i'm going to call the midwife tomorrow and figure out what exactly happens when i hit 42 weeks. i'm so scared of having to go to the hospital and be at the mercy of some random on call ob. please, please, please come out baby...

Old 06-17-2007, 04:34 PM

Graaah. That pretty much sums up how I feel today. No sign of baby. Graaaaaaaaaah.

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
Old 06-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Well I'm hoping that maybe my little man will come out as a Father's Day present for Daddy. No luck yet but maybe it'll still happen today. Due date is tomorrow and I don't feel like going back to the doc again just to be told NOTHING.

Baby really needs to come out so that I can maintain at least a *little* bit of my sanity. My father come to town a week and half ago to wait for the baby to come. He's not planning on leaving town until he sees the baby. (We don't have the greatest relationship, so having him around is setting off anxiety.. big time!):
Now I found out today that DH's grandmother, who's been calling 2-3x a day is coming to town today and staying until the baby comes.

I don't want to talk to or see anyone and it's aggravating me to death to know that everyone is in town waiting. I wish he would come out so everyone will leave me alone!!!! :
Old 06-17-2007, 05:10 PM

dont you feel like a lab experiment or an animal at the zoo? everyone watching you all the time. just leave me alone!

ive been in a great mood the last couple days, BUT i wasnt for the week prior, and im sure this bought of cheerfullness will soon disapate. im so positive, aint i? im fine until i get the "so, how are you feeling" SMACK! whenever i hear that question i just fantasize about smacking the crap out of that person, it helps a bit.

i think what has been helping this time, especially lately is that people seem to be shocked that im due on wed...like i should be a lot bigger : i mean, im HUGE, but i guess im looking good, especially compared to my other 2.

ack! lexas up..better go deal with her...
Old 06-17-2007, 07:42 PM

We've been getting a lot of phone calls, but luckily no one asking stupid questions. I still feel like a watched pot. I was hoping for a little Father's Day baby too. No luck. Yes, I want everyone to go away & leave me alone. : I will tell them when I have the baby already.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window today & just burst into tears. I look like a freakin whale. I'm only 5'1" & haven't gained a ton of weight, but I look huge (I've been carrying relatively small for most of my PG). I was with DH & he was very supportive & said that I just look like someone who is 9+ mths pregnant and that I still look better than most women who aren't PG. Nice, but doesn't help. Now I feel totally drained & depressed. Guess it's time for a nap, sleep seems to be my only relief lately.

I keep asking Ian to get ready & come out already. I guess he needs to be in there a little while longer. It can't be much longer though right?

Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Oh, you mean they called and said "so..... what's up?" super casually???

yep.

but like I didn't know what they were calling about

User Tag List