Thread for mamas who are STILL pregnant! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 137 Old 06-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First I've been having contractions since Sunday night (MOnday 1am technically)......when MW comes over I am 1cm......the next day, I am again still 1cm.......contractions are 1min long.....maybe 6-8 minutes apart the whole time and nothing....prodromal labor they say...in the meantime, everyone calls and is like....you're in labor!! But no progress....and I am getting really discouraged. My MW comes again today (wed afternoon) to check me.....I am expecting SOME progress......

then I heard through my sister in law that my MIL said maybe she should go in for a c/s....gee....she's patient.....when she calls I just pass the phone to my husband....no sense getting even more frustrated...

contraction here.......
#122 of 137 Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 AM

im due today.

big fat nothin.
#123 of 137 Old 06-23-2007, 01:43 AM

im still pregnant and no i dont want to talk about it~ especially with my MIL and everyone else who keeps calling :
#124 of 137 Old 06-23-2007, 01:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollyandCleo View Post
I am SO there with you on that! My dad actually left a message on my answering machine saying he needed to know when the baby was going to come so that he could make an appointment. WTF!?!? Would I be this freaking cranky if I knew when it was coming?

(Fortunately, by the time I called back, my mom had straightened him out about why they call them "estimated" due dates.)
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting calls like this. I'm only just over 39 weeks and people are driving me crazy! I've stopped picking up my phone, and left a new message that just says, "I'm fine, I haven't had the baby yet, but I'll call when I do!"
#125 of 137 Old 06-23-2007, 10:31 AM

Ooooh. I like the idea of changing the answering machine message.

I just found out yesterday why my father was so anxious to know when the baby is coming. Apparently he is going to be attending the birth. This is kind of news to me, what with him not being invited and all. I'm really stressing out about this, but trying to keep the negative energy from keeping me from going into labor.
#126 of 137 Old 06-23-2007, 12:23 PM

#127 of 137 Old 06-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Mab

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobys View Post
im still pregnant and no i dont want to talk about it~ especially with my MIL and everyone else who keeps calling :
#128 of 137 Old 06-24-2007, 03:08 PM
Mab

Quote:
Originally Posted by miso View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one getting calls like this. I'm only just over 39 weeks and people are driving me crazy! I've stopped picking up my phone, and left a new message that just says, "I'm fine, I haven't had the baby yet, but I'll call when I do!"

I was just thinking about this. i received 4 phone calls so far today that I plain didn't answer. People know i'll let them know when baby arrives. People know I don't care about due dates. People know my first was born way into the 42nd week, almost 43. People know that the constant calling is not going to change anything. Time to change the answering machine message and send some emails reminding people some stuff.

#129 of 137 Old 06-24-2007, 03:45 PM

I am not returning phone calls anymore. I know people are just trying to be nice & no one is saying anything too stupid, but I just can't talk to anyone. I want to get my dog bathed & I can't even bring myself to call the dog washer b/c I don't want to hear anything at all.

I'm happy for every Mom here & their babies, but now I really feel like everyone but me is having their babies. 41 weeks tomorrow & I feel just awful today. Tired, nauseous, cranky. I want to get things done but I just don't have the energy. I want to go grocery shopping but don't know how I'll make it, maybe I can get DH to drive me. I feel like I should go back to bed for the rest of the day.

I am dreading having my 41 week appt on Tuesday. Another U/S? I thought I was done with that. And the thought of having my membranes striped doesn't sound like much fun either.

Why doesn't this baby want to come out? I know most women go late but I feel like there's something wrong with me & I am terrified of being chemically induced. I know my MWs will do everything they can before we resort to Pitocin. I think I'd rather go to 43 wks than have Pitocin.

Can you tell how cranky I am???

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#130 of 137 Old 06-24-2007, 04:15 PM

#131 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Sigh. Still here. No labor. No baby. Starting to think this is all some sort of weird hoax.
#132 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 AM

I've started getting really upset over the dumbest things, mostly people's commentary towards how I'm feeling lately. I was told, "you need to calm down!", because I had posted on my personal website that I didn't want to talk anymore about how the baby isn't here, and that I wouldn't be responding to anymore phone calls regarding the subject. I don't think it was out of line, I'm really tired of it! I think the part that frustrated me the most is that this person has a one year old so it's not like she hasn't more recently had a baby and should remember how irritating it is to be asked constantly!
#133 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM

Miso. You're not even 40 weeks yet and you're being harassed. Annoying!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#134 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Still pregnant here too (40w5d).... We changed the answering machine message over the weekend after we got 6 calls in a 4 hour period. DH got sick during the weekend and is at the Dr's office now because I think he's got pinkeye. Ugh. I thought last night might have been THE night--contractions about 6 mins apart for an hour or so, but then it all just fizzled. : Trying not to worry about induction stuff yet and trust that she's still got time to show up on her own.

Mama to DD (06/30/07).
#135 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 01:21 PM

#136 of 137 Old 06-26-2007, 06:04 PM

get your cheese out, cause here comes the whine! :

im 41 weeks tomorrow and i feel like SH!T! he finally dropped on sunday, which is cool, #2 didnt drop until i was well into active labor. im hoping the fact that hes soooo low is doing something down there. but, him being so low has cause tremendous back and pelvic bone pain~ my chiro helped a bit, but well, theres a kid there, so it aint gonna get much better until hes out : . im so nauseous, and puking, startng to get my migraines back (chronic, but go away during parts of pregnancy). im feeling hazey, like detatched, probably due to exhaustion.

to add to the fun, my extremely sick (heart failure with fluid in her lungs) dog has been keeping me up all night for weeks, but the ast 2 nights have been serious...like 3 hours of sleep...and thats peced together, not straight. i was hoping to put it off, well, i washoping shed go on her own in he sleep, but i think we're going to have to put her to sleep this week :

my dd (23 months) hasnt been sleeping either and has been hoarse. today she broke out in a rash i know well. so, shes got strep throat/scarlet fever. : they tested me and my rapid test was neg, but theyll call if the 24 hour test says diff. ill probably bring zach in for a culture this week, too, seeing as hes been telling me hes sick for a week or so. :

i want this kid out like 3 weeks ago! im so freaking miserable!! but at the same time, theres too much going on to waste a whole day on labor! :

oh, i tried nip stim last night...3 hours of STRAIGHT electric pumping NOTHING! but i can barely wear a shirt cause my nippies hurt so bad

someone get me pliers cause im ready to help this dialation bs along! :

ok, i THINK im done

OH!!! and 2 women in my mommies group had babies this week! GRRRRR
#137 of 137 Old 06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Mab

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page