Thread for mamas who are STILL pregnant! - Mothering Forums

Thread for mamas who are STILL pregnant!

chinaKat's Avatar chinaKat (TS)
10:36 AM Liked: 0
#1 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 2,145
Ack! You've all had babies except for me! I'm jealous!

Anybody else sitting around wishing they were done, too?

My DD is either today or Wed, depending on whether you believe the calendar or the u/s. For some reason I thought this baby would be early... wrong!!! I've had some signs and signals (lower back ache, gastrointestinal stuff, and even the odd contraction) but no action.

DH and my mom both swear that yesterday my belly looked "totally different" -- lower and sticking out more. I guess that could be lightening, but this kid was already super wedged (butt first, unfortunately) into my pelvis, so I think that might just be wishful thinking on everybody's part.

Anyway... come on, baby! I'm ready, why aren't you?!
Corri's Avatar Corri
10:48 AM Liked: 0
#2 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 300
Yo! I had about two hours of prodromal labour yesterday and we were making sure our cell phones were charged and all, but then the contractions petered out after I had a bath. I'd prefer to wait until next Friday, since we have a meeting Monday night with the post-partum doula and a meeting at Thursday lunch with our cantor, but Bean will have to make that call on her own.

I'm having a cup of RRL tea each evening, among a couple of other...er... induction-likely actvities , and we'll just have to be patient, I guess.
Therese's Mommy's Avatar Therese's Mommy
10:57 AM Liked: 11
#3 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 1,999
Well, I am 41wks1d today. I thought I would have had this baby a long time ago. My mom came on the 29th in order to be here for the birth and to take care of dd. She had to leave yesterday So, she didn't get to see the baby. But, dd had a blast having grandma all to herself! I know by Fri I will have a baby as my OB won't let me go past 42. I would argue, but I understand and I am certain about my due date, so I will go along with an induction on Fri if baby hasn't arrived by then. Let's hope baby comes sooner rather than later. Also, the 99 yo grandma of my good friend, who is our labor support person, died yesterday and my friend insists on staying in town and not going to the funeral if I haven't had the baby yet. I really feel bad, but she won't discuss it. So, I really hope the baby comes before then.

Beth
11:02 AM Liked: 0
#4 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Therese's Mommy View Post
Well, I am 41wks1d today. I thought I would have had this baby a long time ago. My mom came on the 29th in order to be here for the birth and to take care of dd. She had to leave yesterday So, she didn't get to see the baby. But, dd had a blast having grandma all to herself!
I saw your other thread -- same thing happened to me, my mom just left yesterday. We fortunately have other child care lined up (but half an hour away), but I know mom was hoping to be here for the main event.

One nice thing about having mom here was that she made and froze TWO WEEKS worth of food for us!!! Yeah, mom!!!!
savvybabygrace's Avatar savvybabygrace
12:28 PM Liked: 5
#5 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 641
I'm 39wks 1day, wishing for this babe to come soon (you know, whenever she's ready...but soon!).

I think I'm going to make myself a cup of RRL tea and insist on getting friendly with hubby later on. He's in his glory these days!
Therese's Mommy's Avatar Therese's Mommy
12:30 PM Liked: 11
#6 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 1,999
My mom didn't freeze any food for us, but she either cooked or bought every dinner we had while she was here. Also, she took dd to the park and library a couple of days so that dh and I went out to eat Indian food (spicy! I had hoped it would have helped induce labor) by ourselves for the first time in 31 months. She also took care of bathing dd so I didn't have to hang over the tub and kill my back. I am counting on my friends to feed us after the baby comes!
momtokay's Avatar momtokay
12:48 PM Liked: 0
#7 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 3,027
I'm still pg, and not technically due until Thursday, but since DD1 was 11 days early and DD2 was 21 days early, I feel overdue already. My mom is leaving at exactly 41 weeks and DH's mom who watched DD1 when DD2 was being born is going in for a knee replacement at 41.5 weeks so if this baby doesn't show before then I'm not sure what we'll do for childcare. But that is all over a week away so I'm trying not to focus on it too much and hopefully baby will come out soon.

I've had months of prodromal labor. Contractions that keep me up at night, but do very little to my cervix. I'm tired and ready, but baby doesn't appear to be ready quite yet. Hopefully soon. Other than the pain from carrying around a baby for so long, she's quite easy to take care of this way, so I'm trying to look at the positive. Plus, I still have those first hours and days to look forward to. Such a magical time and gone waaaaay too quickly. Though, I do admit I'm anxious to meet this little one, so whenever she's ready, so am I.
loriu's Avatar loriu
01:13 PM Liked: 0
#8 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 261
oh ladies, i'm not even DUE until june 27th. my feet look like clubs and i've had weird menstrual like cramping here and there. the midwife says she's down and engaged, and guestimated her weight at 7.5 lbs on friday. she's going to be a big girl. both midwives keep saying "big" and then switching to "healthy"--i'm getting a little nervous. this is my first. argh!

i'm simultaneously ready for her to come and NOT READY AT ALL. i'm def ready not to be pregnant for much longer. another nice overcast day in nyc today. thank god....those hot sunny days KILL me.

to think that i could easily to into july makes me want to flip out. most of you will be done by then! anyone else due at the end of june? argh!
xo.lori
jbobys's Avatar jbobys
02:21 PM Liked: 0
#9 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 340
GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT GET HIM OUT!!!

youd think id have thrown him up by now....EVERYTHING else has been coming up this week! : :
herbmama3-7's Avatar herbmama3-7
04:40 PM Liked: 11
#10 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 832
I'm am still here, and literally about to jump off a bridge today!! I posted on another thread that I had come to terms with still being pregnant, but I was having a good day yesturday, today i am NOT! This baby has to come REALLY soon or there will be a lot of trouble!!
basset's Avatar basset
07:11 PM Liked: 0
#11 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 274
My due date was last Friday the 8th... and that day came and went... MW was over today to strip my membrabes and my cervix was still to posterior for her to reach... So I was given the option of using a breastpump or castor oil... I picked the breastpump. I can not even swallow castor oil before vomitting. If this doesn't work then I will do the cohoshes... On Tuesday I am scheduled for a BPP and NST. I am hoping that I will go before then. I am huge and miserable!!!!! UGGHHHH!!!! I am glad though that I am not alone. I just feel a bit bummed because you'd think that this being the 4th baby , he should just fall out of me!!!! I am trying to keep it together and hope it is soon enough that I will and all of us will have a nursing little baby in our arms.
OTMomma's Avatar OTMomma
08:12 PM Liked: 19
#12 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 4,441
I'm still preg! I'm not due until the 17, but today I've had tons of contrax, just not firming up into real labor yet. Baby is SO low and I can't wait to hold him in my arms. The last few things I had to do before his arrival have now passed- and my mom has arrived to stay with us for a month, so any day now is good with me.
joannejoanne's Avatar joannejoanne
08:17 PM Liked: 0
#13 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 146
I am at 39 Weeks today. I know technically I am not due yet but I am so ready to have this baby. I can barely walk, getting in and out of bed is so painful (and it's been this way since about 16 Weeks - I have Symphisis Pubis Dysfunction), I have not slept well in weeks and weeks, and I am going out of my head with boredom (I cannot focus enough to do anything useful or interesting so I just sit around all day long - since my mobility is so limited).

I have had no signs other than losing my mucus plug over two weeks ago!! I wonder if it has regenerated by now! Sheesh! I was so sure it was getting close then nothing.

I have never felt a BH, although I may be having incomplete ones. I am not sure. Every once and a while my stomach will feel tight and heavy but not all over. So maybe baby is just stretching.

Anyway, I really want this baby to be born. But, of course, only if it is ready.

Sigh.

-Joanne
awallrising's Avatar awallrising
08:23 PM Liked: 28
#14 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 672
Yep, still PG & I thought I would go early especially since Ian has been head down in 1 of the 2 ideal positions for well over a month. The thing is I'll be 39tomorrow & this is my 1st pregnancy, shouldn't he have dropped already? I'm seeing the MW tomorrow & have decided to have an internal. I was going to wait until my due date, but since it's seem like I must be partially dialated (lots of cervical cramping) I want to know where I'm starting out once I actually go into labor.

Hang in there Moms. We're almost there & will be holding our babies any day now. I know it's hard to be patient when you've reached your D Date & are feeling so uncomfortable. Our bodies & our babes know (usually) when the time is right. I'm just trying to have faith that it won't mean 42 wks for me.
willoLevin's Avatar willoLevin
09:05 PM Liked: 0
#15 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 1,373
Still preggo here, too, but I'm another one who's due later in the month.

Still, I've had several bouts of ctx that come 5-10 minutes apart for up to an hour, and a part of me keeps thinking, "Oh, are we starting?"

My mom arrived last night, so I am now ready to have this baby!

I'm trying to resist any labor nudges until 40 weeks (aside from EPO, which I started at 38 weeks), but it is awfully tempting.

--willo
milknsheep's Avatar milknsheep
10:30 PM Liked: 0
#16 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 69
I'm afraid I'm hanging in there too! I was due on the 4th, but nothing. This is baby #6 and you would think that he/she would come earlier rather than later... Oh well, baby is following the others (who were ALL 4-14 days late). My 2yo was kissing my belly yesterday and saying "Baby come out!" Too cute! but unfortunately that didn't work. We went for NST today and everything looks good. 2nd NST is planned for Thursday and then a visit to the MW. I think I will have her strip my membranes (if she can) then. Hopefully it won't come to that though.
onelilguysmommy's Avatar onelilguysmommy
11:27 PM Liked: 13
#17 of 137
06-10-2007 | Posts: 3,473
im still pregnant...and im 37 weeks. no *STILL* pregnant for me, im supposed to still be pregnant, thanks a lot.
savvybabygrace's Avatar savvybabygrace
12:35 AM Liked: 5
#18 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 641
Just ate a crapload of fresh pineapple and am drinking some RRL tea. My Dh is winking at me...looks like we've got some bases covered for tonight, LOL!
sebarnes's Avatar sebarnes
03:31 AM Liked: 5
#19 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 1,889
I'm not due until the end of June/ beginning of July, so I'm not too crazy feeling. The baby is very, very low in my pelvis, and I've been on and off of bedrest due to cramping and bleeding throughout the pregnancy. I've actually had on and off contractions for the last week or so. The MW doesn't think I'll go all the way to forty weeks, but I told her now that she's said that I won't go until 43!! But, it's better than a friend of mine who went to 45!! (her baby was perfectly fine, btw!)
mrsalf97's Avatar mrsalf97
06:40 AM Liked: 11
#20 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 1,065
I'm still here as well. I'm due tomorrow. I had some pretty intense contractions, but they only lasted about an hour. Seems like I may be holding out for Father's Day.
11:20 AM Liked: 0
#21 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebarnes View Post
But, it's better than a friend of mine who went to 45!!
Gaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!

Bite your tongue!!!!!!!
brittneyscott's Avatar brittneyscott
12:21 PM Liked: 5
#22 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 1,136
I'm still here and pregnant too. I'm 39wks today but DD came at 37wks so I feel very overdue. I've had tons of prodromal labor and "signs" but nothing real. I had false labor a wk or two ago that dilated me to 2cm, lost some of my mucus plug Tues and Wed and was dilated to 3cm on Friday. I've been losing more of my mucus plug yesterday and this morning. I have a doc appt today so maybe when they check me it'll start something. I'm about tired of all this prelabor. I never had it with DD. I sure hope its soon!
brittmarieflicka's Avatar brittmarieflicka
01:15 PM Liked: 0
#23 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 10
I'm 39 weeks and losing my mind (like everyone else ... )
I am in a "good" place today--resigned acceptance is more like it. I keep thinking it can't be much longer. every day is a day closer to the baby's big day. I'm disappointed that I won't be making our dear friends' wedding this saturday. even if I'm still pregnant, it's 2 hours away and I can't even entertain the thought of getting dressed up, getting in the car, etc. although, maybe if I do that, labor will start ... hmmmm

I think I lost my mucous plug 2+ weeks ago (is that even possible?), tons of false alarms for 1 hour at a time sporadically from night to night. But like someone (can't remember who) just wrote in one of the threads, I don't even get excited about them anymore, because it's been like this for weeks and weeks! oh, the anticipation
jbobys's Avatar jbobys
09:18 PM Liked: 0
#24 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 340
my chiro just laughed at me when sh saw me today~ said my face was totally different, what a differance a week could make...she could tell i was so done

have i mentioned i want him out??
10:34 PM Liked: 0
#25 of 137
06-11-2007 | Posts: 2,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobys View Post
my chiro just laughed at me when sh saw me today~ said my face was totally different, what a differance a week could make...she could tell i was so done

have i mentioned i want him out??
Ugh! ME TOO!!!! The last few days I've just been cringing when I look in the mirror. I look like hell!
01:34 AM Liked: 5
#26 of 137
06-12-2007 | Posts: 1,136
Yeah what is it with the end of pregnancy and the way you look? I actually feel much better today. I'm still tired of being pregnant but I'm not hurting as much now. Went to my appt and the doc and nurses looked at me and said I looked tired and wiped out. Why is that and on the first good day I've had in almost 2 wks? Oh well I'm due on Mon so maybe I'll have the baby soon.
Since I'm feeling better I'm hoping maybe its the "calm before the storm" I've heard about but I'm not getting my hopes up at anything anymore. Its too disappointing when you wake up the next morning STILL pregnant!
pjs's Avatar pjs
01:36 PM Liked: 18
#27 of 137
06-12-2007 | Posts: 1,583
Today is my due date- I was hoping I'd be holding my little one by now. At 39.5 weeks I was measuring 41. Last baby went to 41 w 6 d and only was smoked out by castor oil. I made brunch reservations this weekend that I would LOVE to have to cancel (though if not I'm chowing down!).

DTD, spicy foods, hypnobabies birth affirmations and guide cds, have all been tried (and still trying). Thinking about breaking out the breastpump- DH tried manually but he couldn't keep a rhythm that didn't irritate me!

Tired of being the watched pot!
jbobys's Avatar jbobys
01:38 PM Liked: 0
#28 of 137
06-12-2007 | Posts: 340
as soon as i can get my ass off the couch....which could be a couple DAYS....im going to make a call to get the # of an accupuncturist...im ready to try anything...and im not even due yet!!!! not until the 20th...
01:55 PM Liked: 5
#29 of 137
06-12-2007 | Posts: 1,136
Well ladies it's another day. I have to get my house cleaned today and run a few errands so I'll be ready if labor does start. I haven't had much of a nesting instinct lately. Maybe I can get everything done today. My house is a disaster right now. I'm achy again though so who knows how much I'll actually do.

I think DD is starting to sense the baby is coming and she's freaking out. She's been waking up in the middle of the night all night and getting in bed with me. We had to put her back in bed 4 times last night. She's been sleeping through the night since she was 2mo old so at 22mo now this is a bit of a shock. She doesn't want me out of her sight and she's usually a daddy's girl. And if I can't hold her or love on her sometimes she'll throw awful tantrums.

Man I wish the baby would come!
scrappingmom's Avatar scrappingmom
03:16 PM Liked: 0
#30 of 137
06-12-2007 | Posts: 434
i'm still waiting too.. although i'm not "due" until the 23 or so. I feel due to overdue though,I've only gotten to my due date once, being #5 i have the "shouldnt you just fall out" feeling.. oh well, i'm about 5ish cm(my checking) I keep a decent eye on that cause labor contractions feel no diff to me than BH, my last one i told the nurse i felt like i had gas or possibly might need to get up for a BM soon(was on monitor), the mirror was kinda in place for when ever i was ready, i sat up some and glanced over and was like ..uuumm.. that looks like a head... Dr and DH both almosst missed delivery! lol

I had a dream last night that i woke up full of energy(you know somehting HAS to be up then right?! ) and got all sorts of things done, I was working in the garden and my DD(18mo today) was saying eeww dirty, eeww dirty and i was saying yes mommy is dirty, we're working in the dirt but we can wash later and such(aparently must have had blood on my leg or something?? ) a few minutes later i went to move and babys head was about half out.. so i moved to grass and had new dd, a few minutes later my 13yr old came from my parents(next door/up the hill) I told her to run back and tell them baby was here and plz come down, she starts arguing saying she wants to drive... while arguing with her i have another(i'm only expecting one....) a boy this time. once i'm all done having babies and all i drive us all to my parents, call DH to tell him and head to the hospital so babies can get cheked out, all seemed well though.

It was quite the dream! Well i woke up this morning early and... full of energy! Cleaned up some, went to teach DD(13) how to shingle, on the goat house.. then it started raining so figured i'd go work on making a some more diapers.. now the sun is back so.. i think i'll go work in the garden :-D ..... getting things together praying.. please be a prophetic dream.. please please .. althuogh one baby would be easier...lol

Reply Subscribe June 2007