Any other mommies *happy* to still be pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 06-10-2007, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just looking for a little positive company here, feeling just a little alienated to be still happily patting my big belly!

Pregnancy is really hard for me emotionally (took me six years to forget how hard!). I've been telling my husband "NEVER AGAIN!", but now that I'm at 39 weeks, suddenly I'm thinking, "LET'S DO IT AGAIN!" Have been dreaming of a homebirth for so many years, and now the experience is SO close, it's exhilarating. I don't want to rush it; I want to savor these last days/weeks.

Am sleeping on my Papasan chair every night because the bed is SO uncomfortable for me (symphysis pubis stuff--can't sleep on my side AT ALL), but I just don't care. I painted and furnished my laboring room (bedroom), even painted on the windows with watercolor paints, and it's so cozy and comfortable... I feel ready; I feel empowered; I feel special; I feel smart!

Although, also? Maybe I'm just not looking forward to changing diapers again yet?

Anyone else having fun still being preggo?

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#2 of 13 Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 PM

I'm with you!!

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and I'm still enjoying this pregnancy and I'm prepared to be pregnant for a while yet! I know that this baby will come when she is ready, so I am staying relaxed and happy so she can come when she needs to. Lately I've had other women say some crazy things to me about "still" being pregnant - like "Are you about ready to kill someone if you don't get that baby out now?!" or "How can you stand being pregnant one more minute? Have you tried natural inductions?". :

My MW can keep me as a client until 42w6d, after that it's induction with an MD, so I'll be happy to be pregnant until 42w5d, and then I'll start to panic!

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!! s
#3 of 13 Old 06-10-2007, 10:23 PM

Metta, we have the same due date. I hope you can avoid induction.

I'm still feeling fine with being PG at 39 wks (it took me 2 yrs, can't imagine 6). It's interesting (& almost annoying) how everyone tells me how uncomfortable I must be & how I must be dying to get the baby out. I'm not nearly uncomfortable as I thought I'd be, although I do have times when I am super uncomfortable. Plus I'm enjoying every day I can sleep in and do as I please. DH & I had a really nice day just doing some last minute things around the house, eating lunch out & driving in the country.

I keep reminding myself that 39-41 wks is the most common time to give birth. When Ian is ready to come out, he will come out. I can understand all of the Moms that don't want to be PG anymore though. We'll see what I'm like if D Day comes & goes with no baby though.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#4 of 13 Old 06-10-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MettaSutta View Post
I'm with you!!

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and I'm still enjoying this pregnancy and I'm prepared to be pregnant for a while yet! I know that this baby will come when she is ready, so I am staying relaxed and happy so she can come when she needs to. Lately I've had other women say some crazy things to me about "still" being pregnant - like "Are you about ready to kill someone if you don't get that baby out now?!" or "How can you stand being pregnant one more minute? Have you tried natural inductions?". :

My MW can keep me as a client until 42w6d, after that it's induction with an MD, so I'll be happy to be pregnant until 42w5d, and then I'll start to panic!

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy!! s
me too, but im 37 weeks, and i can only deliver at the bc up to 42 weeks, at 42 and anything, i have to go to the hospital, and over 43, they ant even be over my care
im really hoping this one comes at 41 LOL!!

but im fine still being pregnant, except for the pain in my hips and pelvis, i love my body, and this is the only time in my life that i do.
ilovefeeling the baby, and all the cool pregnany stuff! :d i definitely will miss being pregnant, and im already feeling funny about making my son not be the only one outside anymore, and having funny feelings, but im excited to have the new one too! just totally not impatient about it at all!
#5 of 13 Old 06-11-2007, 06:15 AM

I'm happy to still be pregnant, but I'll be just as happy to have the baby. I will miss my big ole belly and watching the baby make it look like there are earth quakes in there.
#6 of 13 Old 06-11-2007, 08:34 AM

I'm pretty happy to still be pregnant. I didn't even want the baby to come before this past weekend, because we had some family and work obligations that were good incentives to keep baby inside.

I think being surrounded by all the earlier due-date ladies who are having their babies is having an effect upon me, though, and making me feel "later" than I am. So I'm happy to see this thread, too.

I had a few days of really intense discomfort last week when the baby dropped or something. If I'd stayed like that, I would be miserable by now, but, actually, I'm back to feeling pretty darn good.

--willo
#7 of 13 Old 06-11-2007, 08:56 AM

I am now ready for the baby - which is a lot better than I was last week (an early baby would have been a disaster) but I am still OK being pregnant. My preferred midwife team is on call only to Wednesday then I get the other primary (whom I also like, but this other one delivered my last baby) so I would love a baby by Wednesday at lunch but am doubtful that would happen. It has occured to me that my other midwife would be back on the follow Wednesday (I would be 40wk4d) so that is as much of a possibility as having a baby by Wednesday.

However, this is my last pregnancy and I LOVE being pregnant so I don't want to wish it away. I am sleeping less well and had about an hour + of contractions last night (8-10 minutes apart) but not at all painful - so who knows! As I tell everyone, I could have a baby next week or heck by dinner time!
#8 of 13 Old 06-11-2007, 10:56 AM

I'm half and half, I think. I like being pregnant, and I'm going to miss feeling Bean kick from the inside, but I'm also very ready to be done with the bad hip, rib and back pain.

That, and I'm starting to get scared that something's going to go wrong... I've only got a few more weeks, max, with Bean inside, so if anything terrible is going to happen with this pregnancy, it'll have to be soon. So I am VERY much looking forward to being able just to look down into my arms and see that she's breathing, instead of poking my belly and doing kick-counts to make sure she's still alive.

It's amazing how even one early loss can really colour the whole experience.
#9 of 13 Old 06-12-2007, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Keep on thinkin' positive, mommies; I think it's one of the best things we can do for ourselves and each other right now (or any time!). Happy thoughts = relaxed body = open cervix!

I've been noticing I start getting more of the teeny little pre-labor cramps when I feel more calm. And when the house is clean.

And! Baby's head dropped this morning! Brand-new feeling of pressure and--YAY!--less painful rib-shoving from her strong little feet! I attribute this to taking some time to make-out with my husband.

Happy thoughts, life-givers!

Tamara: Aspiring doula, partner to Brazilian musician, mom to THREE GIRLIES!
(4/01, 6/07, & 12/09)
#10 of 13 Old 06-12-2007, 02:44 AM

We spent so much of this pregnancy trying to make sure this baby stayed IN, that I'm in no hurry to get the bean out. I'm just grateful everything worked out. I'm not super uncomfortable, even though I've been having contractions for the last couple of weeks. And, actually, i have things I want to accomplish up until the 23rd, so I kind of hope bean stays in until then

, , , and
#11 of 13 Old 06-14-2007, 10:27 PM
Mab

in no hurry. besides not feeling done yet with being pregnant at all, i have been terribly sick for the last 5 days. the worst flu-cough on earth. So I assume little being will wait till I feel better, and I'm ok with that. I am happy still being pregnant
#12 of 13 Old 06-17-2007, 10:09 PM

I'm still happily pregnant too! I'm not in a rush (still have 9 days till my due date). I feel great! Of course, I might not still be singing the same tune in 2 weeks.

~*~ Hannah ~*~
#13 of 13 Old 06-17-2007, 11:25 PM

You girls make ME happy you're still pregnant! I still come here to check on 'my June girls' almost every day Your babies are growing and thriving in you - enjoy this time!

How crazy is it that I miss being pregnant already?

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page