*~Weekly Thread June 11-17~* - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 45 Old 06-14-2007, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll be thinking about you aramat!! Good Luck!!

Ok, so I'm still having cramps for about 8 hrs straight (well on & off)? They don't seem to have any pattern (Of course I just woke up from a long nap). My doula feels like it'll be really be anyday now. The waiting hasn't been bothering me, but now the cramps have me thinking that something is happening so I want something to happen.

I'm going to try to wrap up a few chores & get some more rest today in hopes of having a baby this weekend. 4 days until my due date, maybe I will go early after all even if it's just a day or two.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 45 Old 06-14-2007, 05:38 PM

Sorry ladies, I dont ereally have time to tell my birth story right now... Internet is down at home and I'm at a friends house right now...

Just wanted to reiterate some encouragment for those who need it!

I was 2cm on Friday before labor started Tuesday night and also had a SUPER short labor! So dont count on cm!

Also... at 10cm dialated and "I HAVE TO PUSH" my babies head was still high up (i think she said -2?? for those of you who know what that means) and she came barreling down the birth canal!!!! THREE pushes later (4 contractions, one was a free-bee where i didn't feel the need to push) she popped out and I was told mid puch to stop pushing for a second! Her head was so round the the first thing the nurse said was "HER HEAD! She looks like a C-Section Babie!" ~ So dont worry if that babie is not already nestled deep down low... it doesn't mean a thing!

Hang in there Mamas... the day I went into labor I was serously wondering if it was possible to be pregnant forever!

OH.... and my labor contractions felt SIGNIFICANTLY different than the prodromol.... they were also shorter, 30-40 sec compared to the prodromol 1 min long ctx.

Wishing smooth births to those who need it...
Happy babymoons to those who are having them...
and and s to us all!
#33 of 45 Old 06-15-2007, 12:00 AM
Mab

Aramat easy birthing vibes!!

Wombatclay Rowan is a beauty!

Jilian thanks for all that tips! I finally got hamamelis . so i'm supposed to soak the pads or just pour a little in the middle and freeze them? How many would you recommend?

I havent' posted because I've been awfully sick since saturday afternoon. DP, DS and me, I am the worst with flu and a cough that almost killed me and tore me in half. (end of pity party). I have been doing all kind of natural things to already feel better. I sense little being is waiting for me to be ok, which I really appreciate, but I feel sorry for him, all squeezed in this coughing body. Besides that, as i posted in that other thread, it's nice to me to still being pregnant. I'm almost 40 weeks and in no hurry.
#34 of 45 Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM - Thread Starter

WhiteWax- Thanks for the encouragement about baby not having dropped yet. My Aunt's 1st baby had a nice round head b/c he came out in only 4 pushes too.

Mab- That's a bummer that you're all sick. Hope you get to recover before baby comes.

I hope I sleep tonight. If I'm going to have cramps, I want them to mean actual labor. I tried to get stock the fridge today & the cleaners are coming tomorrow so everything will be clean & neat.

I've just got a few books by Aviva Jill Romm, one on post-partum care (including herb recipes for pereniums), one on natural childcare & I already had one on vaccinations. I really like her & recommend her books.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#35 of 45 Old 06-15-2007, 01:01 AM

Whitewax - That's exactly what I needed to hear; my babe is still high up and I've been wondering if I'll ever go into labor or have her out!

Aramat - thinking of you and hoping you're holding your baby soon!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#36 of 45 Old 06-15-2007, 10:55 AM

Well no baby yet. DD was born on Dh's birthday so maybe this one is waiting for Father's Day? That's what my mother is hoping for anyways. I'd just like for the false labor to go away if the real labor isn't going to start!
#37 of 45 Old 06-15-2007, 03:27 PM

same old same old. ivee had crazy cramping, back aches and bh cntrx all week and im going nuts! today has been a bit better, though.

we're going to family fun day at my sons preschool this afternoon, so thatll get me moving a bit. im so wiped out...rolling over is a
chore :

trying to come up with something fun for the kids tomorrow...where i can get lots of walking, but not get too over heated like last weekend at the zoo...
#38 of 45 Old 06-16-2007, 01:07 AM

Had a really rough day today; dd and her 4 year old cousin fought all day long, making me really nervous to leave her there while I'm in labor (but really, it's the best place - my mom's house - and every little kid fights over fun things like new swings and toys). I'm just emotional and finding it hard to believe that my EDD is tomorrow and no sign of baby.

Just this blasted heartburn that never goes away!

Tomorrow I get to go to the chiro in the AM (I LOVE going - always feel a ton better afterwards!) and to the zoo in the early afternoon for dd's first visit! She's insanely obsessed with animals and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees real monkeys and elephants for the first time!

Okay, I think I'm going to ravage DH when he gets home, hehe. Not because it sounds fun, but because it might help this process along. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend and that there are a ton of new birth stories by Monday!

Kier: wife to Jared, mama to Emma ('05), Savannah ('07), and our newest little love Reid (June 30, '09) -intact because of all of YOU! I had an ecstatic birth, at home in the water!
#39 of 45 Old 06-16-2007, 02:44 PM

I'm still too tired to really post., but it is driving me crazy that I'm so behind on all the threads here.

I really want to tell my birth story, but I'm not ready to sit at the computer yet. Still, I felt the need to check in with everyone else.

There are so many funny parts, looking back... Someone make sure I remember to tell about the skunk and the nearly-knocked-unconscious midwife from our walk across the street from birth center to hospital at 1 am...

Going back to bed now while the going is good!

--willo
#40 of 45 Old 06-16-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvybabygrace View Post

the zoo in the early afternoon for dd's first visit! She's insanely obsessed with animals and I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees real monkeys and elephants for the first time!
my Lexa is obsessed with animals, too. her first trip was hysterial! the great apes put on an amazing 'show' for us and she almost couldnt cope with her excitement.

im waaaay too chipper
for the past 24/36 hours ive been in a great mood and have had energy to spare. SO weird! im not complaining, by any means~ just after the week i had its sooo unexpected! ive been crazy miserable, cranky, exhausted and in pain...but yesterday something lifted! woohoo! im enjoying it while ive got it!
#41 of 45 Old 06-16-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

jbobys- your energy could be a good sign.....I figure the day I have some energy, that's gotta be it.

I had massage scheduled for today & I let her work on some "points". I hope I didn't jump the gun (due date is Monday) ... I was going to wait another week but my impatience got the best of me. I hope hope hope it works. I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore. I feel like I'm moving in slow motion. I can't even muster up the energy to walk my poor doggie.

#42 of 45 Old 06-17-2007, 04:01 PM

Oh grumbles and sighs. We got our home nurse visit today since we left the hospital before two days were up, and little DS is down to 7# 5 oz now. (I was really feeling good when he'd only dropped 4 oz when we left hospital. Now he's down 7 oz from his birthweight. )

My milk has definitely come in. Last night I was almost hysterical from the discomfort and trying to find my ONE comfy nursing bra (Melinda G fab!curvy! LOVE IT!!!) out of the dirty laundry. Now I just have to keep suffering through the jaw-clenching pain of initial latch on to get him to feed enough to get him gaining again.

My low-milk-supply demons are tormenting me. I think it is going better than last time, but I want things to be SO MUCH BETTER this time...

Anyone else get the orange/pink streaks in their baby's urine? Uric acid, is it? Its an early sign of dehydration, and freaking me out so bad, because I keep thinking we're doing okay and then there is a stupid orange spot. (No crystals, which are worse, but... )

Okay. Sorry. See how I choose to use the hour or so I spend out of bed? Whining to you guys!

--willo
#43 of 45 Old 06-17-2007, 04:06 PM

Oh, and, er, um... Can you have hemmorhoids (sp?) that don't hurt when you poop?

I seem to have some pea-sized little bumps in the "area", but I don't have any bowel-movement-related pain/bleeding... I never had them before, but I don't know of any other butt bumps...

Any info would be appreciated.

--willo
#44 of 45 Old 06-17-2007, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Anyone else get the orange/pink streaks in their baby's urine? Uric acid, is it? Its an early sign of dehydration, and freaking me out so bad, because I keep thinking we're doing okay and then there is a stupid orange spot. (No crystals, which are worse, but... )
Yup...Rowan had mild jaundice/weight loss and we had the orange crystal pee for a while...I think for about 4-5 days? Now that your milk is in though it should get better. I know it hurts, but the more you can nurse the better since you want to flush everything out. It's a pain, since it'll boost your supply possibly past where you want it, but for now nurse nurse nurse...both sides if you can and as often as you can convince the little one to try.

And yes...you can have hem (heh...I'm not even trying to spell it!) that don't hurt/bleed. The swellings are more prone to hurt/bleed than the non-swollen parts of the ein, but they don't have to. One great comparison is that hem are essentially varicose veins in the butt...and while a varicose vein CAN hurt, it doesn't "have" to.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#45 of 45 Old 06-17-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willoLevin View Post

--willo
Zach had that. we gave him a couple sips of water out of a bottle and i nursed as much as possible (my milk hadnt come in at that point..). went away within 24 hours.

sounds like youre doing great! just remember~ stressing about your milk supply will only cause you to dry up, it wont lead to more milk!! they all loose weight, he'll gain in back! just keep up the good work!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page