it's getting time - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2007, 08:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i went to the hospital today and had all my pre-admission testing done today.
it's kinda freakin' me out b/c i know exactly when and what's coming,kwim? although it is mighty convenient knowing when i will meet my new little man . i know my older 2 kids will be great but i'm worried about my little girl, she's only 19 months.soo, a question for all the nnew mamas with toddlers.... how are they taking to the new arrival?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 11:54 PM

My first 2 are 13 months apart, and my middle and third were 21 months apart. I took a babydoll for each of the expectant sibling and put it in the baby's hospital bassinet and told the girls that they will bring home a baby just like momma. When we got home I made sure everyone who came to visit to please spend more time with the older sibling. I spent loads of time with the big sibling, and gave in a bit more. Sometimes they just wanted to be babied and I let them and constantly reminded them that they are so special and still my baby. Don't sweat it, they will adjust and be fine. Just give lot's of hugs!!!!
Old 06-14-2007, 12:43 AM

I'm about to have my second any day now. DD is 22 mo. old and I'm worried about her reactions to the baby too. She's already starting to sense the baby is coming and being very attached to me lately. I bought her a baby doll too. A boy one because that's what we're having. I hope that this will help when she has her baby too. I'm going to give it to her at the hospital when she comes to visit. I had her help me pick out a baby toy for her to give to her new brother too. We'll see if it works.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:01 AM

DD1 is 26mo...she has been loving all over dd2, but today did bring a little drama. We are tandem nursing and for some reason Laia (my toddler) suddenly decided that Rowan (the babe) was nursing on "her" breast and got really upset. Laia actually grabbed Rowan's head and tried to pull her off! ACK!

But usually Laia and Rowan nurse pretty happily together, and I know Laia will eventually get used to having a sibling. She tells everyone she has a little sister, and she constantly wants to do things for Rowan. The problem is just that an enthusiastic toddler isn't the safest thing for a newborn. So I feel almost like I need to keep the two of them apart...acting like a ref or something...but I'm sure it will smooth out soon.

We did pick up a few new DVDs (thomas the tank engine, and the muppets) for DD1 to watch as a "gift" from DD2.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

User Tag List