pp bleeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-14-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With my other 2 I bled alot, well it was like a heavy period. So far she is a week old and I just have super light bleeding like last day of you're period light. I was induced this time so is this normal for being induced? I don't have a fever, and it doesn't hurt to push on my belly.

Doula mama to my 3 bugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 09:43 AM

I think extremely light bleeding can be normal. After both of my births the "heavy period" flow ended after 36 hours or so, I was on panti-liners by the end of week 1, and the bleeding pretty much stopped by the end of week 2. I went swimming in week 3. Oh, and I had totally natural, spontaneous labors.

Christine, mama to Ava (7.05), Alder (5.07), Sadie (2.09) and #4 due mid-July 2011! 
#3 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 11:02 AM

You beat me to posting this. I was wondering if being too light was something to be concerned about. I only needed the heavy pads for the first three or four days and it's been panty liners every since.
#4 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 11:45 AM

My bleeding is lighter than last time...maybe it get's lighter with each birth as the body "remembers" what to do?

I still get "gushes" after nursing (at 1 week pp) so I'm using up the maxi pads I bought but don't plan on getting more...panty liners and mama cloth should be fine! I have an appointment in an hour so if anyone has questions they'd like me to ask...

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#5 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 01:59 PM

Mine is lighter this time around too. With DS1 I bled really heavily for a whole week then went to a heavy period flow for the next few weeks. I bled for the whole 6 weeks. This time around the bleeding pretty much stopped after the first week. Now it's down to spotting and a little bit of blood here and there.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#6 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 03:29 PM

i was lighter with #2 also..she was induced, so i dont know if that has anything to do with it, or if it was cause she was the second, or what....
#7 of 7 Old 06-16-2007, 01:23 AM

I think it's normal. My midwife said it was also normal to have the bleeding pick up around day 10-12. That is what happened to me this time.

Jenica - Blessed Mom to (12), (9), (6), : (2), and with a January surprise!
Missing precious Leo Malachi - m/c 7/06

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page