Shaky, nausous feeling?!? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies. Help me out here. Yesterday and earlier today I got a weird feeling. I was shaky all over, nausous, and kind of disconnected feeling. What could be causing this? I've been getting headaches the last couple of days too if that means anything. I don't know what to think.
#2 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 08:39 PM

Same thing was happening to me last week - nausea, shaky, headache, spots and this feeling my hands were disconnected from my body. I blamed it on exhaustion - and had a baby four or five days later.

Good luck - not much help. Do keep an eye on it as any of those symptoms could be something serious (or nothing at all!)
#3 of 7 Old 06-15-2007, 09:15 PM

July DDC mama here - that sounds suspiciously like a blood sugar crash to me. Something that happens with increasing frequency in the late 3rd trimester as baby boy consumes more and more of my resources.

So for me that cluster of symptoms usually means - eat something, pronto! I start with something carb-y (a glass of OJ makes for a quick shot of sugar to the blood stream) for immediate relief, followed immediately by something more substantial and protein-dense.

HTH!!
#4 of 7 Old 06-16-2007, 12:25 AM - Thread Starter

Oh I hope I have the baby in the next 4 or 5 days. My due date is Mon. Blood sugar is what I was thinking it probably is too or maybe blood pressure. My concern with it though is seeing that I'm already this far along I don't really want to get an induction because labor will start on its on soon anyways (I hope!) but I don't want to risk something happening to the baby because I didn't do anything about it either. What do you think ladies? I know I should mention it to the doc (I go back on Mon) and I was thinking about going to the ER if it happens again this weekend but I'm worried about whether or not to let them induce if they try.
#5 of 7 Old 06-16-2007, 11:39 AM

Brittney - one thing about the hypoglycemia is that food should make you feel better within 5-10 minutes. If you eat and still feel these symptoms, then it's likely something else making you feel so rocky. If that is the case, I'd probably call my doc for input. The whole weekend is a long time to wait!

Hope you're feeling better today!
#6 of 7 Old 06-16-2007, 05:37 PM

if its only happened once or twice i wouldnt stress about it...if you tell your doc itll raise red flags, that in most cases arent really necc. to raise...just a fluke incident ya know? weird things are going on inside of us and sometimes our bodies just react funny. as long as it isnt happening again and again, i wouldnt worry.
a couple days ago i got shaky and my heart was racing...freaked me out, but it hasnt happened since and im sure it was just a sugar issue or something weird like that too.

of course, if it continues totally say something to your doc! it could be signs of pre-e or something...
#7 of 7 Old 06-16-2007, 07:54 PM

i've had the same feelings, i THINK i did the couple weeks before my others were born as well.... but cant remember. For ME it doesnt seem to be sugar (as foood doesnt help) or BP(keep getting it checked) ...... be so nice to have an answer..lol Doc doesnt seem concerned over it so I'm guessing it is "normal" enough to not concern at least, or maybe just the time.

Sorry no help just letting you know you arent alone!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page