Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
#2 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 07:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannienicole View Post
DD was born at 38.5 weeks, so as I round out 42 weeks here, I am getting impatient and miserable. (A bit anxious to meet my new little one too!)
Feel free to vent. Sending labor vibes your way!!! I hope your little one comes out on his own!! My baby didn't have a name until she was 4 days old so I'm afraid I'm not much help on that front, but man can I sympathize with previous early deliveries making it that much harder to go later this time around -- dd1 was 38 weeks, dd2 was 37 weeks, dd3 was 41 weeks and felt even later. FWIW, I had my membranes stripped the day before I went into labor with Lucy. I hope that's all you need too!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#3 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 09:57 AM

hang in there mama! Any chance you could "forget" your induction and just stay home? Blame it on pregnancy brain "Oh! You meant THIS week? Oh gee! How silly of me!". As long as the babe seems to be doing okay and you're feeling kicks and wiggles (and you're comfortable) then it's probably okay...

I know dd1 was 42wks 3 days and I was VERY confident on the dates. I had my membranes swept at 41 weeks and then at 42 weeks and then labor started on it's own a few days later. We were going to start NST at 42 weeks...actually, I was in labor when I would have been going to my first NST! So see if your care provider might be willing to back off?

But I totally understand the 42 week misery moments! Babe will be here soon!

And...I think Erik goes really well with Allison, and it's a great name. I also like Rhys but it doesn't have great nickname potential and it would probably mispronounced a lot? Do you have a favorite?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#4 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 10:58 AM

I'm sorry mama!hope all goes smooth and you have your little boy soon!i like the name Braden,its one i was thinking of too.but we are having a girl! good luck sending a hug your way
#5 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 01:49 PM

Maybe when you meet the baby, the name will seem more apparent. You have a lot of good choices. Don't worry, the name will definitely come to you.

I'm at 41w4days so I feel your pain. Bummer about the twisted ankle. Are you sure you have a cold & not allergies?? Allergies can make you feel awful & you can have them if you've never had them before. Benedryl is safe to take while PG. I use it to sleep at night.

I'm probably trying the membrane sweep on Friday. NOT looking forward to that.

I am prepared to hold it out until my MWs say it's time to induce or Ian shows sign of distress. So far Ian is perfect, so I & my MWs are ok with the wait. I like the "forgetting" your induction idea.

All I can say is hang in there! You're probably sick of hearing that, but at least it's coming from a fellow overdue Mom.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#6 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 06:11 PM - Thread Starter

#7 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 07:58 PM

when i was induced with lexa i was trapped in the hospital for 2 nights and zach spent the night with nana and had a great time..made him feel special. we came home the night after she was born, but let zach stay at nanas again since it was late and it was such a good decision! i missed him so much, but that first night the extra peace was nice. he was the first person in the family to meet her at the hospital...we made sure everyone else waited in the hallway while they had a couple minutes to bond. that meant a lot to him.

i hope the stripping works for ya! would she consider breaking your water to send you into labor? thats what they did to get zachs labor started...worked great, although i know a lot of people disapprove of this method....but when facing the alternative, i think its a good one

hugs from one post date to another!
#8 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 09:51 PM

Vanessa- I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I don't think I've had quite so many complications from PG, but I did go thru IVF which was tough, was very sick during T1 & have had a lot of unexpected issues come up. Not to mention that I'll be 42 wks on Monday. I feel like there is something wrong with me for not having this baby already, even though I know that's not true.

I think letting DD spend time with her g'parents sounds like a great idea unless you think she'll feel left out.

Everybody wants their ideal birth to come true & induction certainly doesn't appeal to me, although it may become a reality sooner than I think. In the end, all that matters is that you & your baby are healthy & happy. If it takes some medical intervention, then so be it. Chances are that everything will work out just fine. Plenty of Moms have had some issues with birthing & everything has worked out in the end.

I really feel for you. You will be holding your baby soon. Good luck tomorrow morning.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#9 of 13 Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM

Not in your DDC but your post caught my eye. I hope everything is going to turn out ok for you and tomorrow won't be too rough.
As for names I like a lot on you list but best Patrick and Nicholas. We picked the name Niklas for our boy ourselves.
Good luck, mama!!!
#10 of 13 Old 06-29-2007, 10:46 AM - Thread Starter

#11 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Mab

yayy bloody show!!

I' ll be thinking of you good luck!
#12 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 04:34 PM

Yeah! I hope you had baby & avoided induction!!!

#13 of 13 Old 06-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Ohhhh, bloody sign is a good sign! I hope you are holding your babe right now.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page