What's your opinion? I'm so unsure! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 02:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have had a headache all afternoon today, and it's just not leaving. I looked in the mirror to see if I looked more swollen than normal, and I feel like I do but I feel like I probably have always looked this swollen and just not paid attention. I'm just not really wanting to wait around to see if I have a more serious problem til the morning. I have to say though, that my entire pregnancy my BP has been LOW, and all of my urine tests have been negative and never had the slightest trace of anything going on.

I also feel like my heart has been beating a little harder than normal tonight, which I think is why I bring it up at all. It goes through phases where it will do it for about five minutes, but never so close together as tonight. I have a heart murmur that I have had since I was little, that my MW attributes that feeling to. I'm just worried 'cause it feels different tonight.

Any Mamas out there think that maybe the headache is just from an increase in hormones prepping me up for birth, or should I take it more seriously and call my MW?

I think I'm probably worrying over nothing, but its midnight, my husband is asleep, and I'm just not sure what to think at this point.
#2 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 08:23 AM

Perhaps a little late getting to you - I always think rings are a good guide on swelling - can you get your rings on/off?

Otherwise, I would give you MW/OB a call - it can't hurt. If you fret and don't sleep as a result, you will feel even worse!

Good luck
#3 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 10:17 AM

It may be nothing, it may be something simple (shifting barometric pressure?), or it may be something your mw would want to check. Calling can't hurt!

Can you take your bp at home? In my first prgnancy I monitored my own pressure since it was pretty high...

hope you're feeling beter now!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#4 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, I am feeling better this morning but I'm keeping an eye on it. I think it was a combination of things.

If I start to eel bad again this afternoon I'll be calling my MW for sure!
#5 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 06:06 PM

I wouldn't hesitate to call your MW if you feel funny. Better to be safe than sorry. The swelling thing can really throw you off, my fingers have been swollen for months... I miss my engagement & wedding rings.

Hope you're feeling better.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#6 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 07:11 PM

I'm glad you got to feeling better.

Could you have eaten some MSG or something else you react to? Headache + swelling is something I get when I eat MSG...

--willo
#7 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM

i had a visual migrane on wed and again on sat of last week.
sat night my water broke....
hmmmm?
#8 of 8 Old 06-29-2007, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

Hm, perhaps it was an indicator of labor starting! I'm hoping soon for me! Baby girl needs to come meet her mama!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page