where to buy..... - Mothering Forums
June 2007 > where to buy.....
basset's Avatar basset 04:45 PM 06-30-2007
Does anyone know where I can purchase birth announcements for home birth/UC? It seems that every where I have checked I can't find any. Hmmmmmm. If anyone can help me that would be great! TIA!

wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 10:43 PM 06-30-2007
What sort of stuff do you want on the announcement? There are a bunch of different styles available from online photo stores like snapfish (http://www1.snapfish.com/choosestyle...5031869/c=baby) that might work...
basset's Avatar basset 01:47 AM 07-01-2007
I am going to check out snapfish... I am looking for announcements that promote or show a pic or have a message re hb or uc...
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 02:33 PM 07-01-2007
You've probably looked already, but the snapfish ones are totally neutral...you write all your own text and supply the pictures. So it's pretty flexible, but not already HB/UC oriented.
boheime's Avatar boheime 05:08 PM 07-02-2007
We ended up picking up a kit from Target for $20. It has everything for 50 gender neutral announcements. You run some of the cardstock through the printer and print whatever message you want on them, then they attach to a cute printed cardstock with ribbon. The kit has all of the cardstock, ribbon, and envelopes. We will probably put some pictures in for some people - or I may just have a picture printed on the announcement itself.
wombatclay's Avatar wombatclay 05:13 PM 07-02-2007
Nice!

I've got the announcements but haven't sent them out...my bad!
sebarnes's Avatar sebarnes 06:35 PM 07-02-2007
As PP have mentioned, we're planning on using Snapfish. I just found a photo card whose design I liked, and played around with how much text/info it would take. I found I could put my message "Organically Grown and Birthed at Home" along with date, time weight, and length with the amount of space they give you. WAY cheaper than official "birth announcements."
momof2girls1boy's Avatar momof2girls1boy 10:47 AM 07-03-2007
just an idea but how about cafepress.com?
basset's Avatar basset 08:19 PM 07-05-2007
Im heading over to target and will make my decision soon. Hopefully before my LO graduates college!!!!!!LOL! I love the snapfish cards with photo too. I have to thank ya'll again. I'd love to take a pic of what I did so this will give me some time to figure that out too.....
Up