June DDC Mamas Giving Birth in July - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, it's officially July. Who's still waiting for baby?? I never imagined that I'd be having a July baby.

Going for a Biophysical profile today (yes, on a Sunday) & NST tomorrow. I will probably try Castor Oil on Tuesday morning.

Luckily, it seems like I am less teary today. I was SO down yesterday, I couldn't stand it.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 01:07 PM

Me. I am exhausted. I'm just not able to sleep much at night and sleeping during the day is out.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#3 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 01:38 PM

Me. My due date was the 28th so I'm not that overdue but I really am tired of being pregnant. I didn't imagine I would have a July baby either, probably just because of my anticipated "guess date". I'm ready to have a baby, and getting tired of all of the people who keep telling me what I should be doing to go into labor. Eat this, do that.. arg.
#4 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 01:55 PM

I hope you are all holding your little ones soon!!! Going overdue is such a test of patience (and one I didn't do all that well with ). Thinking labor vibes and +++ thoughts to fly through all the bpp and nst's!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#5 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

I heard thru the family grapevine that I'm "waiting too long", "going to get a C-section", blah blah blah. Like, I have a brain & excellent medical care.

It cant be much longer for me. I hope we all have babies naturally this week!!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#6 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 03:32 PM

Me too, I feel so bad being impatient already with so many Mama's being way further over than I am. It's just so difficult when all you can think about is wanting to hold your baby on the outside and being helpless towards making that happen.

I broke down and cried a whole bunch this morning with DH sitting with me. I feel a lot better, I think I needed to get a lot of that hormonal buildup moving.
#7 of 26 Old 07-01-2007, 06:51 PM

I'm still here!

, , , and
#8 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 AM

im here :
had a nst on wed,mwhich was fine, cept they said he was breech! fridays u/s showed that he was head down, dont know if he flipped or they were wrong...i think they were wrong : supposedly hes only measuring like 37 weeks! a little 6lb 6oz peanut. im taking it with a grain of salt, though...it was wrong last time by a pound.
have another mw appt on monday for another nst wheee...such fun :
cranky and uncomfortable. dont know how the heck im gonna drive all day tomorrow and take care of my kid this week :
#9 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 03:03 AM

here!

im 40+2 or 40+5 depending on the date you go by.

i was pretty sure id have a july baby though since my son i was induced at almost 43.
im just kinda anxious as i REALLY love being pregnant, but then i cant deliver at the bc past 42. id much rather hb, and i dont know if i even can at the bc, because my body didnt get the concept of labor on its own the first time, so im anxious about that, for sure. i wish i just knew if i could go into labor, or if i will end up stuck in the flippin hospital again, kwim? ( i needed him out, his placenta was shutting down. im scared to go past that this time because its a good thing i went when i did...or id be fine waiting)

ok im rambling but im trying to enjoy my last bit of pregnacty, i got my license i can drive alone 2 weeks ago, so i took my son to the pool, and to the beach, etc..stuff i cant do after i have the baby, and hes never done, and will never be just the two of us again, kwim?
im kinda feeling funny about that, making him have a sibling where hell have to share me, and all...but im not resenting the baby or anything if that makes sense? its just so much change!

and this whole not knowing where ill deliver is really bugging me too. ugh.
#10 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 07:23 AM

#11 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 10:23 AM

I'm still here. EDD+8 right now, sigh. I've been having contractions for over a week now, but they just don't seem to want to turn into labor. I was actually desperate enough to try and find some castor oil yesterday. No luck locating any at the grocery store and the pharmacy, though. Where do people get that stuff?

I'm going crazy right now, because the cxns are always worse at night, so every night I go to bed, I think I'm going to wake up in labor.

onelilguysmommy, I had to be induced with DD#1, and I know just what you mean about the anxiety. I have such fear that my body just doesn't know how to go into labor on it's own!
#12 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Kristen, My MW said to actually ask the pharmacist for the Castor Oil, they often keep it behind the counter. I will be buying some tomorrow. Ick!

#13 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 06:45 PM

i resorted to castor oil yesterday alas, i couldnt get it past my teeth beore violently throwing up for 10 minutes. i remember why i swore id NEVER do that again! hell no!

i get mine at cvs
#14 of 26 Old 07-02-2007, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

jbobys- How did you take the Castor oil? with the puking, it's probably already too late but here's how my MW instructed to take it. Mix with soft serve vanilla ice cream & a bit of OJ in whatever dosage your MW/OB recommends. Eek! I hope I can take it w/out puking.

#15 of 26 Old 07-03-2007, 01:00 AM

for my past 2 pregnancies i took it with oj, problem is, the oil doesnt mix, so i threw it up then too. this time i figured id try it in shot form...didnt work either
#16 of 26 Old 07-03-2007, 06:25 AM - Thread Starter

jbobys- Unfortunately, OJ can make me puke mixed with nothing, esp. in the morning. If you think you can stand trying again, try mixing it with Vanilla (preferably soft serve) ice cream & a little bit of OJ to a shake/slurpy type consistency.

#17 of 26 Old 07-03-2007, 07:52 AM
Mab

I'm here, 42 weeks, full of waves!!!
#18 of 26 Old 07-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Mab

I will also x post this in the 42 weekers thread :

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...hlight=stories

very encouraging!!!!!!!!!!!!
#19 of 26 Old 07-03-2007, 11:21 PM

at this point im hoping for a july baby! are we SURE hes gonna come out before kindergarten?
#20 of 26 Old 07-05-2007, 12:42 PM

I"m still waiting too ... 5-13 days OD depending on which EDD you go by.
baby is still way high, finally started dilatng slightly again (i was at 5-6 like 3 weeks ago and went back down to nothing..isnt that not supose to happen???? ) Doc says i'm 1+ slightly... planning to go in for cervadil sunday night if nothing happens before.

I"ve done castor oil with 2 previous pregnancies.. I mixed it with chocolate icecream and bananas.. covered the smell and taste of the oil. Unfortunately this time due to ilness thru pregnancy i cant do the oil, i can hardly cough without puking so i wont even be trying that this time. taking EPO by mouth and vaginal, cohoshs, walking, even with 18mo in arm or sling to get some added pressure and everything ...i'm begining to get my mind in gear for induction and chance of c-section but still gonna fight to the end! but my body is quiting on me so i cant fight for to long, fortuntley doc is agreeing on that end,
#21 of 26 Old 07-05-2007, 01:14 PM

I'm not ready to try castor oil yet, I don't think. Though the chocolate and bananas thing actually sounds quite tasty!

I have an Nst today and an ultrasound tomorrow, so we'll see how stuff looks. I'm hoping okay, because I'm not wanting to have to go to the hospital to have this baby!

I'm getting upset though, and I feel like there is something wrong with me. I mean, EVERYONE I know who has kids (and I know I shouldn't compare) went early or no more than a couple of days late with their babies, and I just can't figure out what the deal is... I mean, is it possible for my body to NOT know how to go into labor??
#22 of 26 Old 07-05-2007, 05:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miso View Post
I'm getting upset though, and I feel like there is something wrong with me. I mean, EVERYONE I know who has kids (and I know I shouldn't compare) went early or no more than a couple of days late with their babies, and I just can't figure out what the deal is... I mean, is it possible for my body to NOT know how to go into labor??
Miso, I know exactly how you feel. Hopefully you can hold out a little while longer. At 17 days PD, I just can't wait anymore & was planning on birthing at the hospital & would have to be induced on Sunday anyway. I'm glad I like my hospital, otherwise I'd have disappointment on top of disappointment.

I was 4 wks late so I'm wondering if it's something hereditary??

You will give birth soon. It's hard not to start losing faith as the days creep by though. I tried acupuncture, massage, herbs & nothing seemed to work. Some of us just take a little longer and or need a little jump start I guess.

I couldn't taste the Castor Oil at all & I still threw up. Plus the diarrhea started to hit me on the way to see my MWs & during my NST. Lovely. I can't honestly say, I'll never take it again. It pretty much ruined my day.

Good luck!

Heading in tonight at 9pm. Wish me luck!

#23 of 26 Old 07-05-2007, 05:17 PM

Good luck! I hope everything goes well!

My NST went well and apparently I'm having these little shorty contractions about 6 minutes apart. Good for something, I suppose.

They have my ultrasound scheduled for Monday, instead. That's good because I'm hoping for a Saturday baby. My mother had a dream last night that she saw my daughter filling out an application when she was older, and the date on the application under date of birth said 7-7-07! We'll see how right she is...
#24 of 26 Old 07-06-2007, 07:04 AM

I'm finally feeling some contractions and I lost a bit of my plug this morning! I really hope it keeps up and continues progressing. I'm super achy and going to try to go back to bed and get some more rest!
#25 of 26 Old 07-06-2007, 10:34 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!
#26 of 26 Old 07-06-2007, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Hi, Amy's friend Susan here posting the news for Amy and John!

Amy was admitted to the hospital last night where they inserted Cervidil to get labor started. It worked well and produced strong contractions. Amy went to sleep with the help of some Ambien and Morphine, but she was awakened at about 4am by a frantic nurse. Ian wasn't tolerating the contractions well. His heart rate was going down with each contraction. Therefore, they stopped labor and realized that a c-section was the only option. She was prepped at 6am and Ian was born at 7:15am. Turns out he had a very short cord and had descended as far as he could. There was just no way this baby was coming out vaginally.

Stats:
Ian Wallace Risinger
Born: July 6, 2008, 7:15am
Weight: 7lb, 12oz
Length: 20 1/2 inches.

Amy and Ian are both doing well. Ian latched on like a pro and has been breastfeeding most of the morning.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page