Bundle Gown or Sleeper? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 01:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm in the August DDC and am planning to purchase baby's clothes for hospital. Would those of you who have an opinion on a gown versus a footed sleeper like to weigh in your opinion for me? With my other girls, I did footed sleepers, but have never tried a gown - like to have some input. Thanks!!!!!
#2 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 01:59 PM

Well, a gown makes diaper changes easier but some little ones (like my first dd) don't like them much...she would kick and kick till the gown "rode up" and didn't cover her feet. In a footed sleeper she was totally happy (but would kick off any blanket or cover and still does at 2yo).

Maybe just get on of each and see which works best for you and the babe?

Hapy birthing!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 04:41 PM

My first ( a November baby) didn't like gowns but he was fine with footed sleepers. Dd (September baby) LOVED gowns. I felt bad when she outgrew them because she liked them so much.

Mom to Eoin (11/02), Eilis (09/04), Eamon (07/07), and Ellery (04/10)
#4 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boheime View Post
My first ( a November baby) didn't like gowns but he was fine with footed sleepers. Dd (September baby) LOVED gowns. I felt bad when she outgrew them because she liked them so much.
We've used a lot of gowns with both our boys. We're lucky to have some of my MOTHER's baby clothes (circa 1946!) that are the softest (probably untreated) cotton and so soft after all these years and so many babies wearing them. A couple of them are larger than standard newborn gowns, too.

These two natural colored cotton flannel ones--one with pink edging, one with blue edging--are the ones we call the "cult baby" gowns. They really make the baby look like a little guru or something. We love them.

For DS#1, our winter baby, we put the gowns over undershirts and pants. For this baby, we often put the gown over just a diaper since the weather has been so nice.

--willo
#5 of 8 Old 07-01-2007, 06:46 PM

Loved the gowns, especially the ones with built in mittens. My boy wassuch a face scratcher.
#6 of 8 Old 07-06-2007, 03:25 PM

Gowns were easier to get on and off, but Ivy's mostly in onesies, with socks and a blanket to keep her warm. I think that's about all a sumer baby needs in a warm climate.
#7 of 8 Old 07-06-2007, 05:18 PM

I like the gowns...easy to put on and great for diaper changes! I have found that the footed jammies don't seem to fit the legs/feet too well and my kids all would wind up with their knees in the belly area of the jammies-and not too happy about it.

Good luck!

~Charlene~ Mama to 6 wonderful kiddos and one more on the way!

#8 of 8 Old 07-12-2007, 01:10 AM

Love the gowns,,,,,I always cut off the elstic though, for they rode up......or those cotton tops with mittens, a diaper and then wrapped in a blanket....she still likes sleeping like that.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page