I think this is it!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 04:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think we're finally here! My contractions are about 6 minutes apart, and I'm feeling a lot of pressure, but not a lot of pain. Hopefully I'll have a good update soon!

, , , and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 06:20 AM

Yeah! I'm up too. Bad menstrual type cramps every 10 mins for the past few hours. Maybe we'll both be having July 3rd babies!!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#3 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 AM

Good luck to you both

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#4 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Mab

Happy birth vibes mamas!!!!!!!!!!!!! how exciting!
#5 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Sending good labor vibes your way!!!
#6 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 11:50 AM

Yay! I hope you are laboring away right now and holding your little one soon. Keep us updated if you can.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#7 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 PM

yippee!! yeah!!! easy, productive labor vibes for both of you!!! i can't wait to read your updates!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#8 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 07:20 PM

Yay! Fingers crossed!
#9 of 11 Old 07-03-2007, 10:19 PM

gentle birthing mama! huzzah! You'll be holding that little one soon.

Enjoy the adventure and think...the whole country will celebrate with fireworks!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#10 of 11 Old 07-04-2007, 05:08 PM - Thread Starter

Well, after 6 hours or so of contractions 3 and 4 minutes apart, my birth team arrived and my cont'x began to slowly fizzle out as each additional person showed up. If I went outside away from them, the cont'x would pick back up, but as soon as I went back in, things started getting iffy. I labored all night with cont'x between 2 minutes and and 6 minutes and by 6 AM my body was worn out. Because my cont'x weren't super painful, I felt I would be able to sleep, so I sent everyone home and went to bed. When I woke up around 3 hours later, things had picked back up, but shortly thereafter, my sister and niece arrived (they had come from about 3 hours away for the birth) and again, things started slowing down, getting less intense. I labored fairly well throughout the day, then my mw came back and did some EOs, Bach flowers and reflexology. She decided to hang around, and we did talk about how we both felt that if I hadn't had anyone come over the night before I probably would have had the baby the previous night. THEN, my parents (not invited for the birth - and honestly, they weren't expecting to be there for it either - it was just a unfortunate happenstance) showed up to pick something up, and from that point on, everything pretty much died anytime people were around. By the time I woke up this morning, I was only contracting about once every thirty minutes or so. My sister had to leave this morning, and I sent my mw back to scout camp (this was one of the reasons she stayed overnight - she'd up in the mountains at camp and wanted to make sure she was here ). I am hoping things pick up again, but am glad I have at least been able to sleep because otherwise I would be totally unable to labor effectively. I am really up in the air about calling anyone at this point. The only reason we aren't UCing for this birth is because I have some emotional issues I am trying to work on that I know would inhibit that at this point, and DH has some lingering discomfort about the issue. But this has definitely been a case of "performance anxiety" ruining a perfectly good labor; even though my mw is totally hands off, I felt like everyone was watching me to see what I would do. DH also pushed me to call the midwife early because dd's entire labor, from first contraction to delivery of placenta was only 2 1/2 hours and he was paranoid she wouldn't make it due to the whole camping in the mountains issue, (and so was I.) So, I guess we will just be seeing at this point. Thanks for all of the well wishes, and hopefully we'll have something better to report soon!

, , , and
#11 of 11 Old 07-04-2007, 06:12 PM

Sorry that things are stalled for you. I was sure you were having your baby since we didn't see any posts. Everyone else that was getting that feeling seems to be stalled to.

When things pick up again, be sure to keep everyone away. You don't need anything interferring with the birth process.

it's weird b/c my doula is at camp this week too & is largely unreachable. Today she was on a hike & totally unreachable, so I guess it's good, in a way, that I'm not really in labor yet. After tonight, she'll be available for me.

Good luck!

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page