So is this it? Yes, Maybe, Who Knows?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I've been up for the past few hours with menstrual type cramps that come in waves every 10 mins (going on for at least 2-3 hrs) & lasting about a minute or so. This is #1 for me, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Guess the thought of Castor Oil scared me enough to get things moving??

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#2 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 06:29 AM

Good luck

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

#3 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 10:12 AM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you and sending good labor vibes!!
#4 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 11:48 AM

I hope this is it for you. It sounds like it could be. Are they getting stronger, longer, and closer? It might be early labor. Sending some labor vibes your way. Keep us updated if you can!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#5 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 PM

sounds promising!!! like jilian says watch for them to get longer, stronger nad closer together. though with dd3 mine never got much longer or closer, just stronger. easy, productive labor vibes for you!!!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#6 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 01:15 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, this is it. I had taken some Tylenol PM & slept for a while but woke up due to a cramp. Things are progressing, but I think I still have a while.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#7 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 02:20 PM

Good luck to you. Stay relaxed! I'm sure you will do great.

--willo
#8 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 03:32 PM

#9 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

My "cramps" kind of subsided for a while but now they're back & the waves are closer together. I've never been in labor before & this isn't what I expected. I thought it would be sharp distinct "pains" that would come & go completely. I've spoken to my doula 2x, but I decided to call the MW on call just to talk with her.

I know I'm in labor but it's just not what I expected.

It's so exciting that all these past due Mamas are finally at their destination!

#10 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 08:51 PM

I'm so excited for you! Enjoy your labor, you'll be holding that little one soon!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#11 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 10:15 PM

yay...happy birthing! Enjoy the ride and you'll be holding your little one soon!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#12 of 23 Old 07-03-2007, 10:46 PM - Thread Starter

Argh! I'm so tired, plus I feel totally stalled & totally frustrated. I still have some cramping, but no active labor. I have to be getting close with all the cramping, mucous, gas, right??? I thought I'd really be progressing by now. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise, like I can get some sleep tonight & things will pick up tomorrow?? Wishful thinking??

I can't believe I have even one shred of patience left. Is this baby ever coming out???????? :

#13 of 23 Old 07-04-2007, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, everything seems to have fizzled out for me too. I still have mild cramping but nothing else.

I AM SO FRUSTRATED!!! WHY IS THIS NOT HAPPENING??

#14 of 23 Old 07-04-2007, 11:57 AM

hang in there...every little bit helps. And the first time round the body often starts and stops as it tries to figure everything out...as a 42+ week mama myself I know it stinks, but hang in there. Things ARE happening!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#15 of 23 Old 07-04-2007, 12:50 PM

yup, i labored on and off (mostly on) for three days with my first. not saying you'll do that, but if it continues to start and stop just try to rest as much as you can. i was so excited to finally be in labor with my first that i couldn't sleep and man was i tired by the end of it.

thinking of you. come on out and play little one!!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#16 of 23 Old 07-04-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I'm back to the Castor Oil plan. I got some vanilla soft serve ice cream, mixed it with OJ & the Castor Oil (2 servings) & plan to start it at 5am tomorrow along with some herbs. The ice cream & OJ hides the taste really well, luckily.

I also just ate some pineapple & will eat more later. I'm just hoping that something happens tonight, I would like to avoid the Castor Oil experience.

We have to coordinate all of this tomorrow with a MW visit & a trip to the Vet. Looks like our oldest cat is dying, she's had a kidney problem for a long time. She won't eat, is lethargic & won't purr. DH has had her for about 17 yrs & is a wreck. I feel so bad for him. I'm pretty sad too. When it rains it pours. : Hopefully we can see kitty out of this world & then bring Ian in. I wouldn't want to be away while she's winding down.

#17 of 23 Old 07-04-2007, 06:52 PM

I'm so sorry everything fizzled out! It is super aggravating, isn't it? What's really irritating is that I keep seeing all of these posts in the July forum about July moms having babies

, , , and
#18 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 01:13 PM - Thread Starter

Even with the taste masked, I threw up all the Castor Oil concoction. My stomach does not take kindly to food in the early morning. Oh well. BAck to the MW today for a NST & perhaps another membrane sweep. Looks like I'll be getting Cervidil on Sunday at this rate.

#19 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 PM

ugh!

I know it's not the direction you wanted the castor oil to go...but throwing up can move things along too. So it may have helped!

The idea behind castor oil is it irritates your intestines and causes lose stools/intestinal cramping. The hope is the cramping/movements will kick start uterine cramping/contractions too and the body will keep it going. Throwing up isn't as effective, but it does cause cramping/muscle contractions and you never know.

Wishing you a return of those birth waves...

#20 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 04:31 PM

#21 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 04:36 PM

Not on your birth board, but have tried having sex? That helped speed up my labor with my 2nd one. There is a specific way that supposed to help so if you want to know PM me & I'll let you know what worked for us

Good Luck!!
#22 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to the hospital tonight to be induced with Cervidil. If I don't go tonight, I will have to wait until Sunday (the MWs don't like the weekend on-call Drs). They will give me something so I can sleep & hopefully I will wake up to some action. It's not my ideal birthing situation, but I don't really hold out much hope that my cervix will open up in the next few days. I'm really at the end up my rope at 17 days past EDD & both my MW & DH think it's the right decision. At least my cervix is very very soft (all the cramping the other day). I should be holding baby tomorrow, unless the Cervidil doesn't work.

Wish me luck & I hope some other Mamas will have their babies too.

#23 of 23 Old 07-05-2007, 05:22 PM

Good luck!

Happy, gentle, speedy, joyful birthing to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page