My breech baby Abigail is here! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our baby girl was born on June 22 at 12:41pm, weighing 7 pounds, 14 ounces, and 20 and a half inches long. She is sweet and healthy and of course we think she's perfect! It wasn't the homebirth we had planned (we switched from hospital to homebirth at 36 weeks and then switched back to a different, nicer hospital at 38 weeks), but we're at peace with the decisions we made about the hospital and c-section.

Not only was she in a complete breech position, but her right elbow was stuck up behind her head, which is probably why she didn't turn when we tried an external version at 38 weeks. (We also tried pretty much everything else to encourage her to turn, between 37 and 39 weeks, and finally decided that she must have a good reason for not turning.) The doctor thought she heard a slight pop when the right arm came out, but fortunately there have been no lasting problems.

As c-sections go, I think this one was pretty great. The staff at our new hospital was wonderful, very supportive and they understood how hard it was for us to come to terms with the change in plans. Right before the birth, one of our two obstetricians encouraged me to try for a hypnobabies vbac next time. With four days in the hospital, we also got great support from some excellent lactation consultants, which we really needed. I thought I'd be really upset if we ended up with a c-section, but I'm not, which surprised me. I've been healing very quickly and I'm already planning that vbac (well, not right away, obviously).

I'm so grateful to all of you in the June DDC for offering so much advice and information, especially to those of us who are first time mamas, and for your friendship. I can't imagine what this pregnancy would have been like if I'd never found the DDC. It's been wonderful to hear about all your pregnancies and new babies and I wish for peace, happiness, and healthy children for all of you. Thank you!

Charity
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 PM

congrats! I used hypnobabies with my vbac...let me know if you want more info!

Welcome little Abigail, and happy babymoon mama!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 6 Old 07-07-2007, 09:49 PM

Welcome to the world Abigail!!

You picked one of my favorite girls names.
#4 of 6 Old 07-08-2007, 02:46 AM

congratulations!!! welcome little abigail!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
#5 of 6 Old 07-08-2007, 03:23 AM

Congratulations!

, , , and
#6 of 6 Old 07-08-2007, 12:32 PM

Congrats mama!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page