The Baby is Here! 20 days Late! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-22-2007, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Penelope Delilah Bosley was born on 07/17/07 at 8:50 at home! 20 days past due according to my EDD! The birth was beautiful! Mark is totally sold on home births now What I think really did the trick to get me into active labor was the acupuncture I did, the doctor said all the woman she has induced never had to come back for a forth visit. Three always does the trick.

I got the third treatment on Monday, and started having contractions that night. I was at park group on Tues. feeling really crummy and having contraxs 5-7 min. apart: Nothing to different then what I had been feeling for the past month. Mary told me to go home (Thanks Mary!) I had a prenatal appointment at 2:00, and had called Mark to come home from work early because I wasn't feeling good. When Sunshine checked me I was 4-5 cm dilated, I started to cry I was sooooo happy: and she stripped my membranes a little.

She left and I tried to take a nap. An hour past and at 4:00 pm they were coming a little stronger. Sunshine was in my driveway, she said she knew I was having my baby and didn't want to leave. I had wonderful breaks in between my contractions where I was laughing and talking

At 8:00 pm I was 8 cm and having intense contarxs, but still having really nice breaks in btwn. At 8:40 I was still 8 cm and the baby was still high. I started pushing to bring the baby down and the baby crowned 9 minutes later! Pushing was really hard and I didn't think I could do it, I was not having any breaksL I feel for the woman that push for hours! So I went from 8 cm to baby in my arms in 10 min!: About 4 1/2 hours of active labor total

She looks past due, wrinkly skin, long hair and nails with peely skin. Weighing a petite 6.8 lbs She needed the extra time. She is very alert! It is unbelievable! Mama is doing good too! Amon and Naomi LOVE the baby sooo much, maybe a little to much at this point

I wanted to thank everyone in being so supportive in the decision we made to have a home birth, hopefully we have set the stage for any future home births out there. I highly recommend it, a much, much different experience then the hospital and I can honestly say that at no point I wanted to go to the hospital or have any pain killers. It is amazing what your mind and body can do when you really want something

And to all the moms that are thinking about going to the hospital, just wait, it is really really worth it!

Sending Love,
Sarah and Baby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 08:27 PM

congratulations!!! sounds like a wonderful birth! and i love penelope's name!!! hope you have a fantastic babymoon!!

Mama to three sweet girls (a dramatic, chatty 10yo, a bouncy, dynamo of a 7yo, and a delightful, whimsical 3.5yo)
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM

huzzah! congrats mama...enjoy your babymoon and welcome to the planet litle one!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 07-23-2007, 02:37 PM

Bright blessings to you and your family. Congrats!!!
Old 07-26-2007, 02:50 PM

hurray!! congratulations mama, I'm so glad things turned out great for you!

User Tag List