Mothering Forum banner

Anyone else with insomnia?

792 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  cyncyn 
#1 ·
I have been soooo tired lately - but when I get into bed - I just can't seem to fall asleep! I don't really drink any caffeine - so I don't think that is it - I know I am tired because I am yawning and can't keep my eyes open - but I just lie there awake for hours...It is so frustrating- I wake up every morning so tired - and it is the same way for naps - I can close my eyes - and get very close to sleep - but it just won't come....
Anyone else having trouble sleeping?

#4 ·
I don't have this problem either.. I am napping and sleeping through the night but I do notice I am getting up a lot earlier than I normally do. I think this is because I am soo tired by 10-11 at night and I fall asleep right away. I am usually a night owl but not with this one.

#5 ·
I totally have insomna too and I never usually have problems sleeping. I slept like a baby with my first pregnancy and now when I really need the rest (with a toddler in tow) I can't get it. It seems like the bed is uncomfortable and I wake up every hour either needing to pee or feeling nauseous. I even swapped sides with my hubby last night to see if that made a difference - I guess it did a little! Hopefully this will pass.

#8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
I'm falling asleep okay most nights, but I find myself waking up early (like 3 or 4 or 5 am), usually needing to pee, and then I'm WIDE awake. Ugh. Sometimes I can fall back asleep, but just enough so I can have weird, uncomfortable dreams. :p
I'm doing the exact same thing!

#10 ·
I'm having trouble finding a good position to start off with. I generally sleep on my stomach, but my breasts are a bit bigger and much more tender than usual. So, I have to shift my breasts all over the place to get comfortable, and then once i do get to sleep, i wake up a few hours later and have to find a good position again. It's irritating.

#11 ·
I am having a really hard time falling asleep, even though I am dead tried by the end of the day...I go to bed long after DH and DS are already asleep (I work nights) and I can never find a good spot for me to fit into, they are both sprawled all over the bed, legs and arms spread wide...

I've even been sleeping with my head down where their feet are just so I can get in a comfortable position!

but as much as I want to just sneak in there and snuggle in and sleep I've found that lately I can't fall asleep without nursing, I know it sounds crazy but I tell myself it's the hormones or something...

-P

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
I'm falling asleep okay most nights, but I find myself waking up early (like 3 or 4 or 5 am), usually needing to pee, and then I'm WIDE awake. Ugh. Sometimes I can fall back asleep, but just enough so I can have weird, uncomfortable dreams. :p
Me too ... It is weird. I normally sleep forever but not lately!!

#13 ·
Yep, me too. I can fall asleep easily, but can't stay asleep for more than a couple hours at a time. Between the weird dreams and having to pee or eat a snack so my stomach won't hurt, I'm getting NO sleep. And I can't fall back to sleep for hours either. Ugh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.