could my dates be wrong? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-03-2007, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
when we conceived the month before I thought we conceived we tried but I wasn't entirely sure if i was fertile. all of the hpt's came back negative and I bled but it was like 3 or 4 days earlier than it should have been and it was lighter than I expected (my ppafs have been really heavy and this one was light) but it was more than just spotting. anyways the next month came and I charted (cm and bbt) and we tried again when I should have been fertile. 10 dpo i got a bfp. but i've had this strong feeling the whole pregnancy that my dates are off. here are some of the things that have seemed early to me...
-i got fat really quick
-morning sickness started at 4 weeks and was completely gone by 8 weeks
-i felt the first fetal movement at 12 weeks
-dh can already feel the baby moving which didn't happen with ds until way later
-mw heard good heartones with a fetoscope at barely 18 weeks

I know that all of these things can happen around those times, but i've really been on the early side for everything. is there anyway to tell other than ultrasound how far along I really am? Also, is it possible for me to have had negative hpts for a month and think that i was fertile based on charting even if i was pregnant? Thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM

Perhaps... Then again, I was regularly feeling movement at 15 weeks (and I know many women feel movement around 10-12 weeks and then a few weeks later start feeling it regularly). My mw found heart tones with the fetoscope at 17 weeks. I'm not showing much, but I don't tend to show much. My dh has been able to feel the baby move since about 16 weeks. But that might be because I'm really tiny...

You may also be getting bigger sooner because it's your second pregnancy. Same with the earlier movement. I'm definitely showing more than I was at this time with dd and I definitely felt movement way earlier this time (so did dh).

Or, your dates could be off! If I were you I would tell my midwife what I thought so that if the babe is really early you can still have a homebirth if you're planning one. My dates could be off too (not based on measurements though... I'm measuring right on schedule) because I was having really long nursing cycles when we conceived. Because my midwife knows that, I could have a homebirth as early as the beginning of June if the babe was coming then and was a decent size. I could also have a homebirth as late as the middle of July because we're almost positive my due date is July 1st based on measurements and implantation bleeding. My due date could be as early as June 16th going by LMP, but I'm just not measuring that big (and the implantation spotting doesn't line up).

So what would your EDD be if you were a month ahead of where you think you are?

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
Old 03-03-2007, 06:51 PM

I got a negative before a positive hpt, so it is possible. I second talking with your midwife. Take a look together at what you were measuring in the early visits and that should give a good clue.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:39 PM

Are your charts online anywhere?

Was their a really obvious temp increase after you ovulated that month? I'm a charting nerd and you wouldn't have had a marked increase in temp to mark your ovulation if you were already pregnant. See my chart here for a good example: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/160991

You see how there is a marked increase after ovulation and then never any obvious increases after that? If yours is like that then I would say your dates are most likely accurate. Some people do get a "period" during pregnancy but even then they are not ovulating.

For the record I popped out fast with this one as well. I started feeling obvious fetal movement at 18 weeks and just yesterday at 19 wks 2 days dh was able to feel it himself. Are you maybe thinner this time around? I am about 20 lbs less than I was pre-pregnancy last time and that seems to be making a difference.

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
Old 03-03-2007, 09:07 PM

I wanted to mention also that with dd I got negative tests at a month (I don't chart...) past LMP - I usually have short cycles, like 22 days so I was really late at that point and was having light implantation spotting. Then at 7 weeks past LMP I got a positive. So negative tests definitely happen... I knew I was 7 weeks along though because it would have been too early to tell if the implantation spotting had been my LMP.

love and peace.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:29 PM - Thread Starter

I'm pretty lazy when I chart. I check (or more often just notice) my cm. For temps sometimes I write them down but usually I just remember what it should be if I have or have not ovulated. That month I remember an increase in cm (which could be from being preg if i was...i am very mucousy this pregnancy) so we dtd for a few nights and then i had a high temp for a coupe of days and i think i may have just figured that i ovulated so stop checking. i figured at that point if we were going to get pregnant we had already done it. so i guess maybe my charting wasn't that good to go by.

I wasn't charting during the month that I wonder if I conceived.

I'm exactly the same weight pre-pregnancy this time as last time.

I have a mw apt on wednesday so I will ask then. If my fundus is measuring on schedule should I just assume my dates are right?
Old 03-04-2007, 06:24 PM

I was exactly the same weight pre-pregnancy this time as I was last time and I'm showing a lot more this time (but I haven't gained any more than I had at this point last time...). I would just go by your measurments... and tell your mw about your suspician in case you have an early babe

love and peace.

User Tag List