Week of March 11th - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 164 Old 03-17-2007, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
That's not a stupid question... they can taste flavors in the amniotic fluid.

I know they can taste flavours in the amniotic fluid but I guess what I meant was can they taste spicy? Is it hot? Sounds silly when you think about it.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#152 of 164 Old 03-17-2007, 09:58 PM

i have NO clue. :
i am at my moms doing some laundry before i go see my bestest buddies new babe. he was born thursday, 10lb6oz at home, in the water caught by mommy and daddy. i cant wait to meet him, and see them

i LOVE coming to my moms house, she keeps Addy busy for HOURS. if i wanted to i could go lay down and nap, but i want to be up when i need to switch laundry out. Addy has so much fun here. i am so lucky that they love eachother so much and that my mom is SO good with Addy.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#153 of 164 Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 PM

I just majorly cleaned my house, had company over for dinner (St. Patty's Day FEAST) and really just want to collapse! I still need to finish up the dishes before I can call it a day. Dinner was soooooo yummy and my BIL and his wife loved it. We had corned beef (yes I know probably a big no no in pregnancy but I couldn't resist) with cabbage, potatoes and carrots. I also made harvard beets which my dh loves. Dessert was homemade cookies.

#154 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 12:04 AM

mmmm cookies. lol
if your corned beef was naturally preserved with no yucky additives and just brine and herbs and spices it should be fine.

i WAS going to make potatoes and cabbage tonight but it looks like we will be here for a lil while and i am FULL. we had Burgerville. local, sustainable, and delicious!

the new baby i just went to see is SO adorable!!! i wanted to pick him up and snuggle him, but alas he is too new. someday. : oh man he is so freaking sweet.

#155 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 12:51 AM

It was a vienna beef one and was by far one of the best corned beef's I have ever made.. I do believe it still had some of the icky additives but it's a once in awhile treat and not something I went overboard with. One little slice is just right and I filled up on the veggies. I also snarfed the last of the grapes that my hooligans so nicely left for me.

I again am very proud of myself! All of the dishes are in the dishwasher and my house remained relatively clean throughout the chaos of 5 younguns running through. I'm not so sure about the upstairs but that would be why we put the boys up there.. their space, their mess I only have to glance at it when I put them to bed! Although they probably aren't going to be too happy with me when I've run out of things to organise down here and I decide to get crackin' up there.

#156 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 10:32 AM

We had the in-laws down for some corned beef, cabbage, carrots and potatoes also, with rye bread. MIL brought these irish raisin bisquits which were SO GOOD!!! Dd was up relentlessly coughing until after midnight last night (she's still sleeping, so much for church today!) I tried to lay my hands on her throat and lungs and give some positive calming energy, and she did fall asleep after that, which was good. I get so scared when they cough alot, it sounds so deep in their lungs. I rarely take kids to doctors, but when they cough like that, I almost always end up bringing them, just to get their lungs listened to. Why does this kindof crap always happen on a weekend when you can't run to the doctors? :

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#157 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
Why does this kindof crap always happen on a weekend when you can't run to the doctors? :
I would say that is murphy's law, but it is more like the law of parenthood. Everything happens after hours or on the weekend just so that it costs 3-4 times the normal co-pay. Sorry you have all that in your house. We are out for church again this week for the 3rd week in a row. I just haven't gotten over this stuff, and I am trying everything I can to avoid a piggyback illness. Benji is always picking up whatever illness is going around the nursery, and I am being selfish just this week (we were both throwing up just last Sunday). Does that make me a terrible person? I am just so sick of being sick! The boys are still in bed anyways. Maybe, I can get some more cleaning and organizing done this way.
#158 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 11:10 AM

No, you've gotta take care of yourselves! I agree with just hanging out at home for awhile. Ds gets sick more often then dd (she has the immune system of a horse- never gets sick!) I use to brag that it was my breastmilk, until ds was born. Now I know that it's just genetics!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#159 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ohhhh girls I am hurting soooo bad. I have the worst sunburn of my life. We went sledding yesterday, and were only suppose to be out for a couple of hours. I fried my face. I'm sure it's so unhealthy. I've never burned this badly in my life. I will post a pic tomorrow. It's so bad! OUCH! My eyes were almost swollen shut this morning. My whole face is puffy. I hope it doesn't last long. It's painful. Your going to laugh at my pictures though!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#160 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 08:52 PM - Thread Starter

: Ok. Where is the "peeing my pants" smilie?

I just wandered over to the birth stories forum, to lift my spirits (it nearly always works!) DH wandered in, and I told him he should check out a few, to know what to expect. He said, "I already know what to expect. It's going to be crazy, and I shouldn't wear my wedding ring."

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#161 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 09:12 PM

I went out for the day today! I went and saw my oldest son's father's sister.. are you with me still? Anyway she's 2 and a half weeks behind me in her first pregnancy and let me tell you I felt HUGE compared to her.. I was just like her in my first pregnancy though. I got a couple pics to commemorate our day together and will definitely have to take more as we both grow.. she'll probably be as big as I am now when she is at the end.

Sage kicked her when we were standing belly to belly

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...o/100_0136.jpg

#162 of 164 Old 03-18-2007, 11:19 PM

I visited my new favorite fabric jobber this morning for some swimsuit fabric for dd. Apparently she hadn't noticed 2 weeks ago that I'm pregnant, or she forgot, but today she asked me how many months. I said 6 and she said I don't look very big. :
#163 of 164 Old 03-19-2007, 12:19 AM

Tomorrow, someone will probably tell Nic that she is tiny and barb that she is huge. People crack me up when it comes to baby knowledge. Barb- I didn't think you were very big though when I saw you though. Don't know where I am going with this.

I don't want to complain by ANY means, but does anyone else feel like a drum kit yet? Bella has been thump, thump, thumping nonstop at night for 2 days now. I tried to get dh to feel, but he felt nothing. My whole belly was shaking from the kicks, but he barely felt anything. Ha, ha! She has been going crazy in there. At some point last night, I actually fell asleep to the best sleep in days. Maybe all that kicking is good for both of us!

Mil and I also bought all the fabric today for all the stuff in the nursery. We are doing a 30's style butterfly quilt with 30's reproduction fabrics and feedsacks. I think it will be so cute. I am also making a few pillows for just decor, valences, a french memo board, and a crib skirt out of the fabrics. I am so excited!!! She won't use it for a long time, but it will be ready for her when she does.

Also found out that there is a standing diaper store 20 minutes from here. Never knew!!!! A friend and I are going downtown for lunch at the tearoom and then going to the diaper store. I think it is so cool that my non-crunchy friend found this place, told me about it, and is going back with me.
#164 of 164 Old 03-19-2007, 01:52 PM

yesterday we went to a peace rally, and march in downtown PDX. ended up not marching as my hips and Addys lil legs couldnt have held out. so we went to the Saturday Market (yes on SUNDAY!) on the waterfront and got some food. we left our house at 12:30. did the bus, then the lightrail called MAX, then lots of walking, more MAX, more walking more standing, more MAX more bus, more walking then came home and crashed. got home at 6 ish and both Addy and i were SO tired. she walked the whole day. i didnt wear her and we didnt take a stroller. she ended up falling asleep at 7pm last night and didnt wake up.
when DH got home after 10 (he went to a buddies house after work) he moved her into the bed, we went to bed and she woke up at 8:45 today.
lots of good restful sleep for her.
me, not so much. its almost IMPOSSIBLE to get comfy anymore. ugh. i am so sore all the time. especially my hips.
and the sciatic pain that randomly courses from my lower back down my butt cheek and into my thigh. OWWWWW.

the babe must be breech cause i mainly feel movement down by my cervix. it often feels like s/he is trying to kick its way out. silly fetus! tho while resting last night after Addy fell asleep and watching TV it flipped, i felt the flip, it was SO uncomfy! and then started pounding away on my hand up by my belly button for a good hour. that was nice
but yes, i feel like a drum from the inside

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page