Week of March 19th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The pork chops I made this weekend had acv in them. They also had peaches and other stuff that I thought might be heartburn starters. Hmmm.... Something to think about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2007, 10:43 PM

i have no clue how much to take.
maybe google for info. or ask in the i'm pregnant forum.

i am REALLY looking forward to dinner. i am making cabbage, potatoes and not sure about my protien but whatever it is, it will be yummy.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 03-19-2007, 11:07 PM - Thread Starter

This has got to be a new world record for the chattiest weekly thread! Let's see if I can keep up!

Nope, no theme here. We did have to re-do the room, though. The walls were meeting oddly, and were painted a weird burnt orange/ salmon color that I could never put my finger on, but have resorted to calling "Muppet barf." The bambino will sleep with us for an undetermined amount of time, but it will be the main center for diaper doo-dads, baby clothing, and various other things.

This baby is kicking up a storm. He/She knows that their dad just left to go get some ice cream and hot fudge, yummmm!! I haven't had ice cream yet this pregnancy. I also wanted Doritos, but DH drew the line ("Okay, Miss 'Always Buys Organic,' doesn't this defete the point of avoiding eating garbage?")

Ahh, Monday. Tomorrow I get to have a neat day- Planetarium field trip with my students.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
Old 03-19-2007, 11:18 PM

Some people take a tsp of ACV with every meal, to aid with digestion. I wouldn't take more than a tbsp of it, regardless. But it does have helpful properties - the vinegar acidity is different than your stomach's acidity....My dh drinks pickle juice when he has bad heartburn.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 PM

Oh goodness I seriously had to skim

Just wanted to say that sleeping baby slings have a great do it yourself section and sewing information-- I caught a hint of y'all talking about that, lol. Plus I really like Jan and her slings are great. http://www.sleepingbaby.net/

Heck, my due date is 7/15, can someone tell me what week I am???? Or which month I'm in.
The second baby sure misses out, lol!

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 03-19-2007, 11:27 PM - Thread Starter

Jessica, I'm due July 14th (according to the midwives) and July 15 (according to FF) but we're at 23 weeks, in the beginning of month 6. Our babies are past the halfway point.

Clara

Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
Some people take a tsp of ACV with every meal, to aid with digestion. I wouldn't take more than a tbsp of it, regardless. But it does have helpful properties - the vinegar acidity is different than your stomach's acidity....My dh drinks pickle juice when he has bad heartburn.

I drink pickle juice for hiccups!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:41 PM

I just learned about the vinegar for heartburn thing, and it works for me! I choose to take balsamic because I love the taste... it burns like a mother going down and for about five seconds afterwards and then I forget I had heartburn in the first place.

I just take a teaspoonful.

I take it for hiccups too, with sugar in the spoon, been doing that for years.

6/9/2005 6/30/2007 10/17/2009 (Ebstein's Anomaly)
Old 03-19-2007, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaClara View Post
Jessica, I'm due July 14th (according to the midwives) and July 15 (according to FF) but we're at 23 weeks, in the beginning of month 6. Our babies are past the halfway point.

Clara

Ok, I've been guessing almost correctly on the weeks and I've been telling people that I thought I was somewhere around 5 months (thinking more like the beginning, though)

It was nice with Josh when I had a website and a nice weekly summary of what was going on-- I didn't write it but it was one of the emails I got.

Of course the reason that I don't have that this time is that I can't find one that is NOT sponsored by a formula company. There is one on Dr Sears (I believe) but it is only monthly and a very very brief summary.

Anyone have a nice MDC style weekly pregnancy info. for expecting mothers... I'd love to have it (and of course, send to anyone else who is expecting and might benefit from a little PRO-breastfeeding info, etc.

Jessica

Jessica..lady.gifintactlact.gif Falling in love all over again..... 
Dhprivateeyes.gif, Joshua rolleyes.gif Rebeccagrouphug.gifand dog2.gif.    candle.gif for Laura
Old 03-19-2007, 11:58 PM

I have a chart from my doctor and it has a weekly update, just a small sentence describing what is going on that week. It also has the months and trimesters all printed out. If anyone is interested I suppose I could post up something from it?

Old 03-19-2007, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel L View Post
I have been thinking a lot about something today. This is my last pg and my last baby! I wonder how many things I will hold onto a little longer knowing that. Is anyone else kind of sad about that? It is kind of exciting to think that I won't have to go through any of this or the bad nb stuff again, but it is also sad.

OMG! I completely know what you mean! This is our last baby also and I have been trying to savor every single moment. I also bought all new maternity clothes on ebay just to make this one special. Unfortunately, I am only wearing matenity jeans so far. I keep telling myself just to take the plunge into the shirts, but I am swimming in the smalls! (well, not my jugs! )
After my HG in the beginning, I am trying not to complain at all because I know that this is the last time in my life when I will have the heartburn b/c of the baby, and feel the little thing in there with the hiccups (really? pickle juice?).
I am very sad, but at the same time, I am a little excited to know that I will one day not be pg or bf and we will be able to take a honeymoon (first one got all screwed up and I've been pretty much pg or bf since then) and we can take all the kids to Disneyworld and lots of other places.
Just think, one day we will have our own bodies back! Of course, then that means that we won't be bf and that is sad too.

Sorry, just rambling. Oh, btw.. I just had my first chocolate craving this pg. I had to go to the 7-11 to get some Hostess cupcakes! And the generic kind wouldn't even work, so I made the little teeny-bopper go into the back to find the real ones for me. God, I feel so much better! ( : I'll feel even better when dh goes to bed and I can get the other package off of the top of the hutch! )

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
Old 03-20-2007, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
I figured that's why I woke up.. that and having to pee but what freaks me out is I've never done this in any other pregnancy AND I worry because I have no long I was laying like that. My dh stole one of my pillows. : You know what his reason was? Well you have two *whine whine* I want two too. *pout* I asked my grandma for some pillows and was quite comfy with them all.. I may have to steal my other pillow back!
I just was laughing at your post Nic and dh said what's so funny. So I told him and said 'sounds like you honey!' and he starts whining I can't even see you anymore in bed you have so many pillows. I only have three and starting to wish I had another one for behind my back. I couldn't live without the one between my legs.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamama View Post
I just was laughing at your post Nic and dh said what's so funny. So I told him and said 'sounds like you honey!' and he starts whining I can't even see you anymore in bed you have so many pillows. I only have three and starting to wish I had another one for behind my back. I couldn't live without the one between my legs.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:34 AM

Just want to add the old never say never thing! My oldest dd is 15 and my youngest is 13. After being divorced and single for 8 years I met my dh and still didn't think I'd have anymore. Then started thinking after 3 years with him that it would be kinda nice to have another one. I still don't know if this will be my last maybe maybe not. I sure don't want this babe to have the single child feeling of being so much younger than it's siblings. So I joke about another one and dh says let's get through this one first before we talk about another one. I am just finding that I'm cherishing everything more because I know how fast time flies by.

Nic ~ my baby (15) still cuddles up and wants to snuggle. She was a snuggly baby and would be on my lap still if my belly wasn't in the way. She always wants hugs and kisses too. I think she'll be in university and still curl up on me! She is too cute! My other dd never was a cuddler and doesnt' even really like hugs, (unless she's sick then she likes to snuggle) just a different kid I guess.

Wow you guys are chatty this week, I just left the computer when I left work, made supper did the dishes and bammmm you guys have almost lost me. Oh and I had a quick hands on with my traditional mw friend couldn't find FHT but could feel that babe's head down low and bum up high. I also got a few books from her, can't wait to read Diaper Free! I am so excited!

I also made a pan of rice krispie cake and ate like 70% of it and let dh and the girls have the rest! I am so ashamed!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitobamama View Post
Nic ~ my baby (15) still cuddles up and wants to snuggle. She was a snuggly baby and would be on my lap still if my belly wasn't in the way. She always wants hugs and kisses too. I think she'll be in university and still curl up on me! She is too cute! My other dd never was a cuddler and doesnt' even really like hugs, (unless she's sick then she likes to snuggle) just a different kid I guess.
My dad still sits on my grandma's lap and he's 47 going on 48. I do too fwiw! I hope my boys remain cuddly like that forever.. As bad as it sounds (I've really grown as a mama though!) Aidan and I are so close and while I am really close with my first two the bond is a bit different.. why is it when you finally start getting a handle on how to parent you stop having babies?

Old 03-20-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
why is it when you finally start getting a handle on how to parent you stop having babies?

LOL why do you think I'm having more! I tell my older ones they were the experimental rats! I tried everything out on them till I figured out what works for me! So they really were the guinea pigs. But so far haven't turned out too bad! Or at least there is always therapy!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:44 AM

Therapy!!

My boys are all great even through all the crap we have gone through together.. they are so forgiving. I think I had them first to prepare me for a girl.. should I be scared now?

Man Sage is really somersaulting around in there tonight!

Old 03-20-2007, 01:29 AM

Wow this thread moved fast today! Let's see... heartburn just started on Sat (just after I was congratulating myself that it hadn't been a problem yet since I was so uncomfortable with my 1 pg! )-- ugh... I'll have to try some of your remedies because I think I ran out of Tums last night. :

About the last baby issue, DH and I have always felt strongly that we wanted a family of 2 kids, and I know that if this baby had been a girl I would have definitely continued to feel that way. So why am I questioning that now?? It's not as though I have any kind of mistaken belief that a 3rd child would be a girl (and I hate the whole idea of "trying" for a particular gender as if we'd be disappointed with the opposite gender)... but I'm just having a lot of trouble adjusting my thinking to a family consisting of 2 boys. It's been two weeks since we found out and I keep catching myself thinking from time to time (as I always have), "when I have a daughter that's something I'll want to teach her". It's not as though I can't teach my sons whatever it is (can't think of a specific example right now), but still I can't seem to accept that I won't be having a daughter. I had no idea that I felt this strongly about it and if you'd asked me a month ago I would have denied it, but it turns out that I really always pictured our family as consisting of a boy and a girl. I feel really guilty for thinking this way because we are SO excited about this new little boy, but part of me is still having trouble adjusting. I dunno, maybe it will be easier when he's actually here and I can see what our new family looks like...

Sorry to ramble; just thinking outloud...

Mommy to two boys, ages 4 and 6.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:30 AM

Well, I did the acv thing just a bit ago and it worked! Hopefully I won't need a handful of tums tonight. And Yummmmm, I'd forgotten how yummy cider vinegar is.

I do also feel the twinge of "last pregnancy" and whatnot, although this was such a surprise that I'm still even now babying my toddler a bit more than perhaps I should. He's such the family baby still, and I'm trying hard to call him "little boy" instead of "baby Marky", but it's hard to let go of that. Perhaps I can have TWO babies......one big one and one small one....

On another topic, I attempted to shave my legs and other necessary areas this evening while in the shower (it's spring break and we'll be spending some time at the big indoor pool here this week, hence the need for complicated shaving) and MAY I JUST SAY - Oh My Gosh. I couldn't even SEE half of what I was attempting to shave. Good golly it's a bit early for this sort of complication!
Old 03-20-2007, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Jessica- I would love for a more NFL based pregnancy email update, too! Right now I get the baby center one that causes me to rollllll my eyes unless I skim it just for a quick, "What's the babe doing now?" synopsis. I wonder if any MDC moms are computer-savvy/ have enough time to do something like that. I think it would be cool- the tips for the mom can range from comfort and reassurance tips (with some positive pregnancy mantras) for those first few months of sickness and worry, and tips on where LLL people and cloth diapers can be found locally (links, etc.) and various other things. Hmmm. I wonder if I'm computer-savvy enough- my SIL is a professional photographer, and my FIL designs websites for businesses. Now the wheels are turning.

DH and I have no number just yet! We know more than two, and possibly more than three. We'll just see what happens when we get there, I suppose! I'll be EBF of course, but my mom did as well (she keeps telling me that she did all this stuff before it was "trendy," and I keep telling her that it's not exactly "trendy" yet, just because I'm doing it!) and unexpectedly became pregnant with my sister when I was 6 months old (no PPAF- just a feeling one day that maybe she'd better POAS, as food was making her very ill!) So, whether this little one has a sibling soon, or later, depends on our bodies, I suppose!

Bethany- I need some maintenance on some certain areas that have been sorely neglected- but I don't think waxers around here want to work with a pregnant woman! It's seriously out of control and just... wow. How did I let it get like this?

Clara

Old 03-20-2007, 10:14 AM

So this morning I was lying in bed, completely awake, since about 5 am, feeling uncomfortable and sore with every position I attempted to get comfortable in. By 6 I had had enough and realized I needed to DO SOMETHING before I went nutso, so I put on my swim suit, ventured into the 33 degree weather, and went to the Y to do laps! I've never been there that early and man, was it packed! The whole time I was swimming I felt this big ol' baby butt sticking out of the right side of abdomen, but it was way less bothersome in the water than it was in bed.
Last night I went to BRU to pick out a shower gift for a friend and ended up spending over an hour in there, examining every item so closely, wondering what the heck most of that stuff was for, but loving the fact that dh wasn't with me so I could browse to my heart's content. It's really sinking in now. For so long I was so focused on the pregnancy itself, and now I've recently just realized that I won't be pregnant for much longer and that there is actually a baby at the end of this journey. I was actually pretty shocked the other day when it finally sunk in.
Time to shower all the chlorine off now! jess
Old 03-20-2007, 11:57 AM

Clara- I like that idea. A MDC based newsletter with links to local diaper shops would be good. I am going to the local one today, but I didn't know about it until this week. That is just crazy! Also, we have never used bf as birthcontrol. If I remember right, you are fertile again a month or two before you get aunt flo again. I was one of the lucky ebf that got to deal with all of that just 3 months after having Benji. Fun!

Benji had a good potty day yesterday! His behavior was a little off because I am very afraid that he may be giving up the nap. At least he still sits in his crib, sings songs, and generally entertains himself until I get him. Once we put his big kid bed in the room he may just play with toys. I think I am ok with that as long as he has some quiet, private time. Anyways, we are hoping (and bribing) for a good potty day today. Since we will be out and about, that should be interesting.

I have to say that I am really nervous about having a shower. I know we will mostly get baby clothes (fine, but we are almost at the just fine point), but we will probably get a lot of things we do not need! I don't think we will get any sposies since I told everyone that she is probably allergic to the newest formula of Pampers (only diaper Benji was not allergic to), but I am know that people won't buy off our cd registry. Oh well! I am trying to pick as many things that would be useful to us from BRU or Target so that we have a little control. Augh! That is so hard because we have almost everything we need!
Old 03-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow...It's so hard to keep up. Not much going on here. I'm going to try to get a handle on my laundry today. It's very piled up. I actually had a good nights sleep last night! YAHHHH!!!
This is the first pregnancy that I haven't had major heartburn with. Hopefully it stays that way!
Ok, off to start the washer! Have a good day!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 03-20-2007, 01:01 PM

WEIRD! I think I just found Sage's head.. she's breech right now but I had an itch on the top of my belly went to scratch and there was an extremely weird sensation. You know where you touch your belly but also something else that isn't a part of you...? It was strange but I think that was her head. Her feet have been beating the heck out of my cervix and side all night last night and most of the morning.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Geeze - 5 pages already!!!
I just skimmed mostly and have a few comments...
re: baby's room/theme - we co-slept until around 10 months when Rosie would crawl all over me and not sleep - we had a room all set up before the birth - painted light yellow for either gender - crib/changing table, etc. - but we girlied it up with a fabric with ladybugs/dragonflies and my mom made a bed skirt for the crib and some curtains...
If this baby is a girl - we won't do another room - they can share as the baby will be sleeping with us for the forseeable future anyway - but if the baby is a boy - we might move DH's office down to the basement and do up a "boy" room with all U of Michigan theme/sports stuff...even though the baby will be sleeping with us - it would be fun to have a "boy" room...

re: last baby - I will be 33 this year (DH will be 39) and if this baby is a boy - we might stop at 2 kids - but if this baby is a girl - we will probably try for one more to see if we get a boy - I really don't have a preference - but DH REALLY wants a boy - so....either way I am fine...

Had my midwife appt on Thurs -was measuring a bit big (24 weeks when I was at 22.5 weeks) - midwifes lectured me on nutrition too cuz I haven't been eating enough protein - I only gained 3 lbs last month and they like a gain of at least 4-7 lbs... So I made egg salad yesterday to munch on - bought a bunch of cashews, eggs, cheese, and meat.... and some whey protein powder to make smoothies...

Today the goal is to clean the house, finish the laundry, and get DD to take a good nap (longer than 45 min)

namaste.gif
Chelsea - proud mama of my Rosie 7/05 and Sammy 7/07   homebirth.jpgnovaxnocirc.gif
Old 03-20-2007, 02:06 PM

Chelsea ~I really don't have a preference - but DH REALLY wants a boy - so....either way I am fine...

This is how dh was feeling with four girls already! But he came out of the Y change room a few weeks ago and said girls aren't that bad you know! I asked what had happened in the change room. There was a dad in there with 3 boys and was trying to get them changed. LOL He said another girl wouldn't be all bad, daddy's little girls are pretty special! I also have no preference other than a little boy would be cool (I am thinking if it's a boy I'd like to try for another boy, I just keep thinking this little guy with 4 older sisters!)
I think he just likes going in the change room and being the first out waiting for us, since it's me and 4 girls in the women's change room!

This babe is kicking up a storm lately! Last night it was actally a bit painful since babe was really punching my pubic bone! My mw friend said definitely bum up as when she wiggled the bum the whole body moved.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:24 PM

oh swimming sounds SO nice right now. i wonder if i even fit in my swimsuits anymore. i KNOW for summer i am getting a huge giant bikini to let it all hang out, but for now i would LOVE to head to the Y for a swim.

Nic, this one is breech too. ALWAYS kicking on my cervix or bladder. either that or s/he has some strong punches. but it feels super breech. i have been telling it that i dont mind if it stays breech, but to pull its legs up cause i dont want to be kicked in a full bladder in public. i would hate to blame wet pants on water breaking if its pee. but i would!

my appt is on friday at 4pst. so we will see if we can hear the hb yet with the fetascope. i am SO excited!!! and i am going to ask her to palpate me and get a good idea of how this kid is laying.

i am thinking oatmeal for breakfast. mmmm but i am out of raisins

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
Old 03-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddysMama View Post
Nic, this one is breech too. ALWAYS kicking on my cervix or bladder. either that or s/he has some strong punches. but it feels super breech. i have been telling it that i dont mind if it stays breech, but to pull its legs up cause i dont want to be kicked in a full bladder in public. i would hate to blame wet pants on water breaking if its pee. but i would!
Jake was doing this to me last week. A couple times he hit my bladder so hard my whole body jerked in reaction! This week I think he's turned around, because suddenly I'm feeling lots of activity/kicks well above my belly button.

Even though some of his low kicks were strong enough for me to feel very well from the outside, DH never could. But for the past couple nights, DH has FINALLY able to feel some very obvious kicks high on my tummy.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:13 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so excited! I talked to the mw to confirm our appointment on Friday and she had to change it to Saturday, but it will work. She just sounds so cool. I will drill her with a bunch of questions on Sat and hopefully we have the same opinions about everything. My friend that has used her for her last 3 births just loves her and has said great things about her! So I am excited! Just had to share!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:15 PM

OMG! Last night I had the craving for cupcakes. Now I want a Mesquite Chicken sub w/ bacon from Quizno's. The funny thing is I've only been there once and it was 2 years ago tomorrow!! There is one that is now only 30 miles from here, so dh is going to bring me a sub home from work since he works in the same town.
What in heavens am I going to have to tie me over till then?? I've already had 2 different servings of cottage cheese, oatmeal, and fruit. Anyone have anything good for lunch today?
Oh, good news. I have been planning on buying a freezer at the end of the month at Sam's. Well, a girlfriend just happened to call this morning and we were talking about her moving. She said that they weren't going to be able to take their new freezer with them, so I am sending dh to pick it up Friday and I only have to pay $50 for it! Pretty sweet deal!
And yes, I am still stalling so that I do not have to clean.

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d

User Tag List