Pelvis/Tailbone Pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 03-29-2007, 06:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I have pain all along my tailbone-pelvis joint area. I run and have been running before pregnancy and throughout and it definitely starts hurting more after that, but it also hurts just regularly at the end of the day.

Does anyone else have this problem/annoyance? I haven't asked my midwife about it, yet, but will soon.... thx

food is my favorite is my sweetie, papa to 8/07 due 6/10 10yo no eggs yet!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 03-29-2007, 06:44 PM

I have a lot of shifting and occasionally pain going on as well. This is the stage of our pregnancies where our joints and bones are preparing themselves to let a baby pass through. Relaxin is in our system, and everything is going to be loosey-goosey.

Just try to move gently and easily, and get as much movement and exersize into your day as you can; I've been trying to incorporate a prenatal yoga DVD into my morning, and it is helping a little! Don't do anything that hurts, but also try to not be too sedentary. If you avoid movement, you will set yourself up for more discomfort when you do need to move.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#3 of 13 Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM

i thought i was the only one my tailbone has been sore for a couple of weeks now and i can't figure out why. i don't run, but i do yoga and it is definitely sore after yoga too. strange, i didn't have this with my son, but i had other more painful ailments, so i guess this one isn't so bad.
#4 of 13 Old 03-30-2007, 10:52 AM

I have horrible tail bone pain - had it with DS, too but it abated a lot by the second trimester. This time though, it's sticking around (along with m/s : ) It's probably because I'm aggravating it by carrying/wearing a toddler...

Anyway, I fell about 6 months before conceiving DS and injured (most likely chipped) my tail bone. So I didn't think much of it the last pregnancy. When it came back, though, I asked the doctor about it and he thinks I have a touch of arthritis in it which is more noticeable because of relaxin, etc. I'm trying to be proactive about it, though - yoga and will be seeing a chiro soon!
#5 of 13 Old 03-30-2007, 06:29 PM

I've had horrible pain from my tail bone to mid back. Mine is becsause I was being treated for scoliosis when I conceived and everything isn't quite where it is supposed to be. Add more shifting from the pregnancy, and it can really smart. I really love going to my chiropractor and feel wonderful for a few days afterwards untill everything shifts again.

One Mom, Three Kids. Life is Great.

#6 of 13 Old 03-30-2007, 09:43 PM

i have had the worst tail bone/butt pain. i think the baby must be facing forward and she pushes on my rear. the midwife said this must be right. i was told to do cat/cow yoga pose and to sit on my birth ball and lean forward, rocking. sometimes it feels like she's going to come out of my butt! like i'm going to have a massive BM! comfy, huh? i'm 27 weeks.
#7 of 13 Old 03-30-2007, 09:52 PM

yep i get the same thing sometimes.....it's most likley the way the baby is sitting!! find yoursellf a good chiro and get adjusted, that will get the baby to move off whatever it is they sit on that causes us to feel like we are literally falling apart!
#8 of 13 Old 03-30-2007, 10:06 PM

I've had this problem since my first pregnancy.. for me it's where everything sits in there. I don't trust chiropractors! I would rather manipulate my bones than have someone else do it. To relieve the build up of pressure I get I will lay on my side and place my hand on my tailbone area.. then I do something of a twist (sorry this sounds more complicated than it really is) which then "pops" the tailbone back into place.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#9 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvishlucky View Post
I have horrible tail bone pain - had it with DS, too but it abated a lot by the second trimester.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
I've had this problem since my first pregnancy.. for me it's where everything sits in there. I don't trust chiropractors!
Oh, I empathize! I have hideous sacrum pain this entire pregnancy, nearly since day 1! (i've posted about it a lot too). It resolved after switching shoes and was hardly noticable for a few weeks, then came back after getting adjusted by my osteopath. I hope this pain doesn't agonize me in labor, but I am expecting it will!
#10 of 13 Old 04-01-2007, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marziechar View Post
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

I have pain all along my tailbone-pelvis joint area. I run and have been running before pregnancy and throughout and it definitely starts hurting more after that, but it also hurts just regularly at the end of the day.

Does anyone else have this problem/annoyance? I haven't asked my midwife about it, yet, but will soon.... thx
Oh, I have been feeling it for like two months now, I guess it just started early for me. I don't run, but I do a lot of walking with my kids and a good 20-30 min. brisk walk in the evening with my pooch. After that and at night when I am trying to relax is when it gets really bad. I figured I would bring it up with my OB at my next appointment, as I can't afford a chiroprator, so we'll see. Massage does nothing to ease the pain/annoyance either!

LeeAnn )O( Earth mama treehugger.gif and mother to DD Leela (9), DSD Ari (9), DD Zen (7), DS Gabrael Riot (4!)
Self preservation is a full time occupation! namaste.gif

#11 of 13 Old 04-03-2007, 09:45 AM

Hello... more tailbone issues here! I did see a massage therapist a couple of weeks ago, and she asked if my hamstrings and quads could be any tighter... I am a runner from history, but not for the past few years (injury). Can't wait to try again after the new little boy is born! Anyway, we walk daily, pretty fast, and with lots of hills, which I know tightens everything. Doing yoga daily (even a bit) helps much, and I am really focusing on stretching hams, quads, and calfs before and after walking, and I have had good improvement. I am going to try and see a chiro, too, as I had my DS' laboring complicated and long because he was transverse and posterior (didn't know until C-section). Anyway, I sure hope the tailbone issues improve for us all-- it is very painful and distracting, and good vibes to you all. MIchelle
#12 of 13 Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 AM

Mine comes and goes (but the intensity stays away for a while after my witch-doctor chiropractor does cranial-sacral work on me. I notice it most when my posture is bad (slouching back in my office chair). It seems to help to tense my butt cheeks while I'm sitting- and I think this is improving it overall. Good luck everyone!

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#13 of 13 Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM

My tailbone was bothering me daily. When I had my visit with my massage therapist I told her about it. She did full body, including my BUTT. It hurt so bad when she did my butt that I was almost crying. She does deep tissue anyway so it's not relaxing normally but this was horrid. BUT my tailbone is 100% fine now and that was on March 20th. Not a twinge. Not sure what she did exactly but it sure worked.

Teri

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page