Weekly Thread April 23rd - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I took an old dresser, put a contoured pad on top, and used that as a changing table. It was great because it was a better height for us (kind of tall people) than the normal changing table. My parents still have our (as in belonging to my sis and self) changing table, and we are using that for Bella's room. I just like something tall because the bed or cradle or couch are just TOO low for me, and I am not that tall.

Clara- Now I am going to panic. My posture has been bad with this one, but that is because of where she is. If I sit up straight, I seriously can't breathe. Got to love that one. Does running around the house to change my days away from 3 child count as exercise? I also do a lot of cleaning, but I forgot how much exercise is in that. I didn't think that Benji was in the right place though, and he found the right position when my water broke.

I really need to start my hypbirth stuff today, but I am doing a ladies night out so we will see how that goes.

We got about 5-6 inches of rain yesterday which was crazy! Our neighbors' trampoline blew all the way to the back of thier yard with those lovely 50 mph winds. I am afraid to see any damage to the front!

I also made my final sewing list last night. It doesn't look that bad really...if I do a little every day. Hopefully, I can finish everything and not go into early labor from doing too much.
#62 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 10:48 AM

I can't stand myself, I think I have a serious problem... all I want to do is clean and organize (I never thought of it as nesting- but maybe that's what it is?) It's like I want to pay someone to come and take my kids for the day, just so I can clean and organize. Last night, I tore apart the kid's games and crafts, and craft center, etc. I got rid of SO MANY crafts! I wish some of you lived closer so you can have them. Seriously! I would love to find a home-schooling mama to give everything away to (I have SO MUCH!!! That's what made me purge to begin with. I have like 8 bags of pipecleaners- who needs that many pipecleaners? And i have a whole dresser full of craft stuff like that, that I have SO MUCH of!!! Maybe I'll take it all to the next LLL meeting and give it all away.)

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#63 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jee'smom View Post
I can't stand myself, I think I have a serious problem... all I want to do is clean and organize (I never thought of it as nesting- but maybe that's what it is?) It's like I want to pay someone to come and take my kids for the day, just so I can clean and organize..)

I am glad I am not the only one...it sometimes feels like I HAVE to clean more..or organize more...and I don't want to stop once I start..and I just want to get it all done..ALL of it..hmm, maybe I will pay someone to take the kids for the day...that sounds like a fantastic idea . I wish I had this NEED to clean more often when I was not pregnant--
#64 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:11 AM

Yeah, I just feel guilty b/c dd will ask me "mommy can you play with me?" and i'm in the middle of, for example, tearing my dresser apart and I'm like "No, I'm in the middle of cleaning..." and then she gets all sad, so I've been trying to do only so much and stop and play with them, which is SO HARD for me to stop in the middle of a project. I'm the kindof person that once I get an idea in my head, I DO IT. ALL. So, I've been trying really hard to pick ONE thing at a time to do. Do it, and then stop (so not in my nature!) Just wait until next week when I start spring cleaning. I'll have to have my parents get the kids one day and in-laws another, so I don't feel guilty, like I'm neglecting the kids or something, and then haul-a$$ when they are gone!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#65 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:32 AM

Just wanted to celebrate - I've been checking my registry, and someone bought the baby wrap off of it!! : I'm soo excited!!!
#66 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:44 AM

Sorry so many people aren't feeling well.
Clara- I found it helpful to have enough little baskets in the house so that I could have one near me with some dipes in it wherever I was "parked" at the time. I had all my stuff in one main place, but if I was in the living room I could have a basket in there- not only with dipes, but also whatever I was needing for breastfeeding, lanolin, bra pads, water bottle, etc. At that time when ds was new born we were staying with my parents, and it was nice to not have to go upstairs each time I needed to change him.

Uhg- I slept horribly last night. I got a couple books on birth yesterday (which I was excited to get) but then last night I wound up just contemplating the birth of this baby. I kept on waking up and thinking of it, and you know when you're too tired to think straight anyhow, but you're stuck thinking and it's just a stupid cycle. I'm noticing that I'm having some fears of the pain this time around that I need to work through. I think it's kind of funny because this time I think during labor I'll have that touchstone of knowing my body can handle birth and that I can do this, I think that is powerful for me. However, I don't want to anticipate and get all worried about pain before labor, as I can't afford to forstall labor beginningby being anxious about it- I'd like to be able to be very open and welcoming to it's beginning. I also don't wish to...invite in pain? If any of that makes sense. I guess that I don't wish to increase feelings of pain by worrying about them, and I'd like to be able to look at the feelings of labor in others ways too. I think I had a good birth with ds, but would like to be more aware maybe during this one- wanting to really "get it right" Yet I realize there is NO "RIGHT" way And I don't want to put that silly pressure on myself. So, anyway thanks for letting me begin sorting through these feelings with this rambling.

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#67 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh, make it stop! I feel so icky right now. My sinuses are so sore, my neck hurts and I'm just miserable. I kept Jakobi home today because he was crying about how bad he feels too. Why is it whenever I have a doctor's appointment I've got kids staying home or off school? Eh no biggie. I'm trying to decide what I want to eat for breakfast, I'm not very hungry with this cold and it's been hard to decide what I want.

Those of you bothered by your cleaning and nesting could always either send me some of your energy or come on over and help me get going. Everything is so slack over here right now..

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#68 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM

Anyone else totally addicted to watching Psalm and Zoya's birth? I can't get enough of it!!!

Lissybug~ I hear you about wanting to go into this with a different perspective, yet still afraid of the pain. With either birth I've had, I didn't think labor was painful, and I was in a totally "safe" place mentally, until transition (OMG!!!). Then pushing... (OMG!!!) I remember last time being like "Why did I do this again? OMG... this HURTS!!!" Now, they put me flat-on-my-back (after I told them not to, but I was in too much pain to resist), so I'm hoping that that was why I was in so much pain. This time I'm going with a midwife, whose philosophy is "I'm not the one delivering the baby... YOU'RE the one delivering the baby, I'm just here to help if you or the baby need me." and will not interfere with any positioning I choose. I'm SO CURIOUS to see what my body does if left alone...

#69 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 12:30 PM

It's been crazy here!! The boys have their baseball practices the same damn nights and times at opposite ends of the county every other night. Fun.
Ds2 is supposed to go to the hospital lab today to get a random blood sample to test to see if his sugar is too low. He had some sort of attack last Friday at school and it has me pretty worried. After we get the results from that, we'll go from there.
I had my girlfriends come over Monday and yesterday and got my house cleaned out and tidied up. I am pooped!
My mw is coming tonight for my first home visit and I'm really excited to see her again. I can't remember who said it, but I also have had only a couple of visits because of the distance between she and I.
What else....
Oh yeah. I hate our house. My dh hates our house. I shared a while ago about us not being able to move b/c the house is in our ds1's name, well- f*ck it! I talked my girlfriend into moving in here with her dd and paying the payment for us. Then I had to bite the bullet and call my a$$ of a dad and ask if we could move into the house that I lived in growing up. He has been renting it out and my stepmom told me at Easter that he wants to sell it. I know that it is silly, but that is MY house that I lived in for 20 years and I hate that other people have been living there! It makes me cry.
Well, I think that we worked it out so that we can live there making his payments until we can get out of our mortgage here. Then we will buy it.

Can I tell you what a mental and emotional release that I feel now? It's like any and all stress that we had is soon going to be gone.
Who's up for helping me get moved with the dh and 3 kids in the next 9.5 weeks before I am due?! But, I just can not have the baby in this small house. I am so emotionally disgusted with the whole situation, I know that I can't deliver here without having problems. But being back in my house, I will feel like I am finally home.
Enough rambling!

*hugs* to you guys that are sick and to the mamas that need one.

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
#70 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 01:15 PM

Keri ~ have you thought of trying to give your craft stuff away on FREECYCLE! I'm not sure if you have this in your area but worth a look to see. I have got lots of cool stuff on there and I know a homeschooling mama who uses it to get great stuff.
#71 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 PM

Great idea... thanks! (Yes, I'm actually registered on it, although I've never used it.)

#72 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 01:36 PM

i am a HUGE freecycle addict! If you want to be sure it goes to someone who really needs it, you can specify such in your posting. Lots of people on my group say things like "homeschooling craft supplies", and that will limit your responses a bit. You can then reserve the right to pick and choose who you respond back to - there are a lot of users that I won't give things to, b/c I know they just turn around and sell them, and to me that's not the spirit of Freecycle.
#73 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 01:58 PM

Yeah, I'll try my local LLL meeting, or church first. See what happens.

#74 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 02:31 PM

Addy is feeling better. YAY.
thats all for now. will stop back by later and post more.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#75 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:23 PM

Tiffany- Glad Addy's on the mend! Sometimes those "drive by" illnesses are the worst!

Anyone with spare energy- loan me some, wouldja? Or come and organize? I'm usually not this much of a bum, I swear. I used to have everything labeled and organized. Now... I think it's the lack of sleep. Last night I woke up at 2 AM, and, well, here I am. Never got back to sleep.

Fortunately, we had an early kindergarten day at the petting zoo (which essentially bit big time- it poured, was chilly, and another school was there and spent so much time in the main barn, my kids got to pet exactly one animal- a lamb.) So now I'm home, and can hopefully catnap before I have to make an early dinner so we can go to the HOA meeting. We're still new here, and have never been to one, but supposedly they're doozies. We've been told we have to see to believe. DH wants to just go right on ahead and believe without seeing, but I want our road paved before the elderly gentleman who takes care of it loses one more body part.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#76 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:29 PM

My big accomplishment for today..........I switched OB's. AGAIN. Only this time it wasn't insurance related. It was the statement my OB made when I was about 4 months pg, at the first visit we had. Went something like this: "You waited HOW LONG to come in? No, you MUST come in when your cntx are 5 minutes apart. Anything less is dangerous. What if you'd had that baby in the parking lot, your car, or your bathroom? No, you need to be in the hospital room where I can monitor you..........". So I said "I prefer not to consent to continuous fetal monitoring. I need to move around". She says "well, I'll admit freely that I'm the kind of doctor who wants you in bed the whole time so I can make sure things go properly".

I have been SO FREAKED OUT by this for 3 months that I finally called my insurance company and what a stroke of luck but there was 1 remaining OB who will still take new patients. I used to see her, years ago as a teenager, and I remember being quite comfortable with her. She's my mother's age, but her reputation precedes her in a very good way. She's hands off, doesn't push the hospital agenda and although she's very very busy, one of the most popular ob's in the practice, she's very personable and spends good time with her pregnant women. Sooo, I'm feeling quite encouraged. I even spoke to the nurse to let them know I'm declining the 3rd tri glucose test, and I didn't get hassled.
#77 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:38 PM

Bethany- My contractions didn't start until 2-3 minutes apart...in the car...on the way to the hospital! What on earth would your ob have said about that? I am trying to convince dh to wait a few (we only live 10 minutes hitting lights from the hospital), but he quickly vetoed that idea. I just want there to be less time for me to change my mind about the whole natural thing! If I am at home for 30 more minutes, what is the harm in that?
#78 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Wow... that sound SO much better Bethany!!! Good luck!
BTW, what your old OB doesn't understand is that things won't go properly if you are strapped in a bed the whole time!

#79 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM

I KNOW! I didn't even bother to ask her about episiotimies, pushing from a dif position, all that stuff.
#80 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:42 PM

My day just got SO much better! They found the box! I know a couple of us were going to have to pick something else, but now we don't. :
#81 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 03:53 PM

bethany~ maybe your OB was worried with your past history of preterm deliveries. Do you think that maybe that's why she was so harsh? If I were her, I'd be scared to have a patient with a history of 2- 28 1/2 wkers.! (I still wouldn't want to go to her anyway, with her philosophy of you being strapped in bed the whole time, but was just wondering if maybe that was were she was coming from....)

#82 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 04:15 PM

Keri, my boys were 38.5 and 37.5 weeks, and weighed over 7 lbs each. I went into labor on my own with each of them, and while my labors were both relatively short (less than 12 hours each), they were uneventful. I hope I didn't misrepresent myself somewhere - please tell me where and I'll edit it asap!!!

I am also not happy that my initial due date was july 22nd, and after my sono they changed it to july 26. I know 4 days sounds silly to quibble over, but I don't want a doc trying to stop labor based on a due date of July 26th, assuming I don't quite get to 40 weeks again. I really need to practice my "I do not consent to that" statement.......
#83 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Bethany I told my doctor today that under no certain circumstances where they to go with the sono dates. I stick by my July 23rd due date.. the sono made it the 20th. I always go late and would prefer a later date to go into the 2 week countdown with.

My doctor's appointment was EXCELLENT. I only gained 5 pounds this month, he said my diet looks great.. not perfect but he can tell I'm trying, my bp was good 100/60, I'm measuring ahead but that's normal for me it has nowhere else to go (I'm 27 weeks measuring at around 33 weeks), they tested my iron levels and all that my iron IS beautiful no supplements for me!!, and my urine looked spectacular.

Usually around this time I start having protein in my urine.. it's not something to worry about but is usually brought to my attention. So I'm quite pleased that everything is looking good. Also they did accept my modified payment arrangements and the doctor told me to tack the neti pot on to my bill (bad sinuses right now and I have allergies). I have never been to a doctor that was so understanding and actually talks with me. The only bad news I got was that I DO have PUPPS, but it was funny because he was surprised I knew what the heck it was. I told him I read A LOT and he had a laugh over that as well. He told me to continue what I'm doing.. it looks a lot better than it did a week ago and if I need it he'll get me some hydrocortisone.

#84 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 PM

: Hurray for not needing iron supplements, Nic! And I'm glad that he's remaining non-goofy bout the diet issue.

This baby is doing something majorly tickly to my ribs! We have to leave in about 15 minutes to go to this darn meeting, and I feel like I'm going to suddenly erupt into giggles at a crucial point or something!

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#85 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 07:18 PM

Bethany- gald you got to get a new OB. Sounds like the last thing you need in your life right now is to be stressing over having a bad OB.

I'm trying to get motivated to sew something, but instead here I am looking at the computer

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#86 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 08:12 PM

Just checking in to say that I was able to sew my wetbag to match yesterday's changing pad and the yet to be made diaper bag today. I also made the curtains for the nursery. Woo-hoo! I have marked 5 things off my to-sew list in the last 2 days. That makes me feel like I am getting somewhere.

My house is a mess again, but I was hoping dh could pitch in for that one. Instead, he came home and plugged in the computer. Some really together people asked him at the last minute to get something together for the launch of a new product. They asked him to do something tonight, but the work takes at least 2 days. They have known about this launch for weeks...maybe months...but they ask him to do something that is really someone else's job...at the last minute. This all cuts into his at home time, and it not like he has had any extra at home time. It really makes me mad! He spends so much time working at home on work stuff that stupid other people can't do...despite it being their job (and he doesn't get paid extra for doing the work of others...and they don't have to work from home)! He manages to get all of HIS work finished at work, but he is always having to do crap for others. I just need him to do about an hour of housework, and he doesn't even have time. AUGH!!!!!!

I need to get ready because I am running away from home for a ladies night out now. Just had to vent! Sorry if this is full of typos, but I am really mad right now! Oh well. Time to pretend to be pretty so I can go to dinner with a whole bunch of people who are allowed to drink really good margaritas.
#87 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 09:11 PM

Oooh, that rash you've had is indeed pupps, huh?? I had a go with that my last pg - I put flaxseed on everything I ate, and drank a few nauseating cups of dandelion tea every day. I also took handfuls of dandelion capsules, and the rash was mostly gone in a week's time. My ob was really surprised - she actually had me write down what I did so she could keep it in her notes for future reference. Sadly, that ob left my practice a few months before I got pg with this baby...

Anyway, I hope you can find some relief!
#88 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:26 PM

Excuse me while I post whore a little bit to get the drama thread at the bottom of the page.

to those that need them. I just hate drama.
#89 of 156 Old 04-25-2007, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw221 View Post
Excuse me while I post whore a little bit to get the drama thread at the bottom of the page.

to those that need them. I just hate drama.
I helped you along a bit.. I posted about my neti pot experience. Wow had I known the actual benefits of those I would have picked one up a LONG time ago!

#90 of 156 Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 AM

I hate drama too, and I'm sorry I kept it going, but I got a little miffed.

I love my new neti pot too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page