Weekly Thread April 23rd - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh. I bought some sports bras today hoping to at least get some relief from the horribly small underwire nightmares that I've been wearing. But alas. The straps dig into my armpits, and I have the biggest monoboob you have ever seen. I give up.
#122 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
Ugh. I bought some sports bras today hoping to at least get some relief from the horribly small underwire nightmares that I've been wearing. But alas. The straps dig into my armpits, and I have the biggest monoboob you have ever seen. I give up.

I'm sorry but I giggled when I read the monoboob bit. I don't do sports bra.. the nursing bra I purchased my boob falls out if I happen to lay on my side and the only thing that I am truly, truly comfortable in is the tanks with the shelf bra or braless. Too bad I only have 2 of the tanks.. although a girlfriend of mine is sending me out a couple maternity ones. The ones I got were from Target and they only cost 7.99.. non-maternity but big enough and long enough to fit. I suppose my long-winded post is really just a post saying I feel your pain!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#123 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 09:25 PM

oooh i LOVE those tanks!!! i only have two as well.
guess its time to find 8 bucks for another one.
tho i always prefer being freeboobed.
i ahvent worn a bra in YEARS.
dont plan to after the bebe is born too.
i dont think i will leak.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#124 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 09:32 PM

We were out buying dish soap last night and I found NURSING TEA!!!! I am so stoked b/c I have only ever seen it online and didn't really feel like having it shipped from the USA but it was at one of our grocery stores here. WHOO HOOO I picked up 2 packages muahahahaha and I'll get more when hubby gets paid hehe

Blessings,

Denise
#125 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:05 PM

WHAT is nursing tea??
#126 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 PM

I'm back from my long road trip to get the twins. I don't know what's up with me and accidents 2 in 2 weeks is just too much for me! I came up on a single car roll over and thankfully at the same time there was an off duty fire guy pull up! WHEW! and they started CPR on the guy! So I got to leave thankfully! I cried most of the rest of the way to get the girls! That was really scary!

I'm having big bra issues too! I can't wait till my mat leave starts so I can go braless or at least a tank! 7 more weeks to go! I think I'm more excited about counting down the weeks till I'm home than the weeks till babe makes an entry!
The twins asked a lot of questions about the umbilical cord and the placenta tonight. I was pretty brief in explaining what we will do after the birth as their mom is not on the same page as we are. I am a little concerned if they are here when the birth happens but we'll wait and see! If they are here I hope it is during the night! (or at least that is what I'm telling baby)
#127 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:16 PM

How funny, I just bought some cheapo Meijer's nursing bras today (no underwire). I busted out of the front of one of the two bigger sports bras I bought a month or so ago. The seams totally gave up and left town. I really hope they're big enough.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#128 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:35 PM

Jolene, my oldest (6 years old) asked me today if the baby cries while he's in my uterus. I said I don't think so, and he asked what about pee and poop? So while sitting at a very long stoplight, with the van windows down all the way, I'm explaining amniotic fluid and meconium to my son. He understood most of it, was thoroughly grossed at by the idea that Baby drinks it's own pee (but he loved it, I could tell, he's a 6 year old boy for crying out loud) and then I looked over and saw the woman in the car next to me staring at me, totally staring. I had a good laugh over that one.
#129 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudhsmommy View Post
We were out buying dish soap last night and I found NURSING TEA!!!! I am so stoked b/c I have only ever seen it online and didn't really feel like having it shipped from the USA but it was at one of our grocery stores here. WHOO HOOO I picked up 2 packages muahahahaha and I'll get more when hubby gets paid hehe

Blessings,

Denise
I found some at one of the grocery stores (Garden Fresh Market) it was imported from Poland.. I couldn't understand any of the ingredients and the only reason I picked it up was because it had a breast and an infant nursing on the canister.

#130 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Bethany ~ Nursing Tea is a special blend of herbs that promote milk production. You make it and drink it like normal hot tea several times throughout the day.

ROFLS ~ Just got the bag and found out that they are made in Toronto!!! Being only half an hour from TO that makes me giggle.

Lunar Nursing Tea This is the particular one I have but there are other companies that make it as well.

Blessings,

Denise =)
#131 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 10:53 PM

Bethany

TMI alert:

Okay, I think I lost a small (like, a little larger than a pencil eraser) chunk of mucous plug last night/ early AM. It was very small, and I'm not worried about it, but it was very odd. I woke up to pee, and then stared at this... thing... on the TP. I've charted for a long time, and thought I'd seen everything, but what looked like clear, stiff gelatin was there. Sort of straw colored. There was also normal looking leukorrea as well.

So, just drinking water, and nothing else has appeared since. Anyone else have this happen? I see the midwives Tues, and I'll probably mention it, but since I have no leaking fluid/ contractions outside of sporadic BX/ cramping/ bleeding, I'm going to not really worry about it.

Clara

#132 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

I only lost my plug with my last pregnancy and it was very much like you described except IT KEPT COMING.. I was very shocked at first because it wasn't when I was using the bathroom. I was sorta just standing there talking to dh when I felt something slide out of me.. I stood there in shock at first and then puzzled at what the hell it was. It was like a big booger. My grandma told me that labor was imminent.. which it wasn't, I went another week and then was induced. From what I know you can lose bits of your plug or even your whole plug and it will "grow" back. I agree that because you have no other outward signs of anything going on I wouldn't stress too much. Definitely bring it up to your mw at your next visit and be vigilant. What I'm assuming is something shifted around in there or something and jarred it loose a bit. Isn't that a lovely visual???

I've a weird question as well.. I'm measuring way far ahead (33 wks at my last visit) I'm huge and haven't really gained anywhere near as much weight as I did with my last three pregnancies. So I guess my question is.. with an u/s would they be able to tell if I had an excess of fluid or something like that? Can that happen at anytime in pregnancy? AND I've been measuring consistently ahead throughout my whole pregnancy (my own measurements) so do you think I'm worried for nothing??

#133 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 11:56 PM

Nic- I wouldn't worry about that too much. Didn't you say that you are carrying this one differently from your boys? My doc explained that measuring big can also just be how you are carrying the baby. She wasn't worried about me being ahead at all.

Clara- Just keep up the water. I think I lost my plug in the 2 big gushes of when my water broke. I don't remember anything before that, but I know it can grow back. You might just want to take it easy, but that could be said for anyone this far along.

I got 4 more aios made today. Yea! I had to borrow my mil's sewing machine just so I could get the silly things made since my machine won't sew pul at all. I am so excited because they are so cute! I just need to make up a bunch of covers so that I am ready for the baby. Woo-hoo! I feel like I am starting to get ready!
#134 of 156 Old 04-27-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mel.. Yeah I think I am carrying this one differently than the boys. My doctor didn't seem too concerned, he didn't even mention it actually. The nurse said wow and that was about it. I did stress that I always measure ahead and that I think it's because I'm short and it has nowhere else to go really.

#135 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 12:57 AM

oooh nusing tea. yum yum.
dont you guys have HFS where you live? there should be an ABUNDANCE of nursing teas and herbals to increase lactation at your local HFS.
i say take a trip and check it out, if only to know its there in case you need it.

i am measuring big too Nic, but my MW isnt concerned at all. i am minorly freaked that it really IS twins, and i wont know til the end of may, but really its no big deal.

#136 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoulaClara View Post
Okay, I think I lost a small (like, a little larger than a pencil eraser) chunk of mucous plug last night/ early AM. It was very small, and I'm not worried about it, but it was very odd. I woke up to pee, and then stared at this... thing... on the TP. I've charted for a long time, and thought I'd seen everything, but what looked like clear, stiff gelatin was there. Sort of straw colored. There was also normal looking leukorrea as well.
That happened to me a few weeks ago and it was a chunk considerably larger than a pencil eraser - more like the size of, ummmm (looks around for reference object...), a water bottle cap. Same thing - basically clear, gelatinous. Freaked me out enough that I posted about it here and the I'm Pregnant boards lol.

I never remembered anything like that with my other pregnancies.

Anyway, it was an isolated incident.

And FWIW, the discharge was actually nothing like what losing my mucous plug was like in previous pregnancies. In those cases, it happened when labor was established or just starting and, girl, "plug" is a misnomer. It was the biggest mess of globby, stretchy, never ending mucous (tinged with blood) that you ever saw. I mean it went on and on and on and on, the "losing" of this so-called "plug."

Every time I went to the bathroom (and it was frequent because of all the pressure) more would present itself on the TP and I'd blot and tug and more and more and more would come out, ceaselessly. If I hadn't been so contraction-y at the time, I probably would have been fascinated.

So, truly, in perspective, a bottle cap or an eraser size glob of mucous is likely a drop in the ocean that is the mucous plug, in my oh so humble experience.

Ha! And you thought your post was TMI.
#137 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 07:28 AM

I lost a piece of mine several weeks ago and last week as well. It was the size of about a bottlecap also. That had never happened to me before either. I just had an u/s yesterday to check cervical effacement and was checked for dilation as well, and everything's fine.

Ds has pinkeye AGAIN!!!!! Dd and Ds keep passing it back and forth. How do I stop it once and for all?! I'm sick of this. We ALL have colds and can't stop coughing for a couple of weeks now. PLEASE GO AWAY SICKIES!!! PLEASE!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#138 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Thanks guys! It does help to hear the BTDT stories!

Keri, don't you just hate it? Hope this weekend is sunny and bright for you, I have no idea how much it helps in the grand scheme of things, but when I or DH is getting over being sick I love to open the windows and just air out and sun out the place.

Now, to try to accomplish things today!

Clara

#139 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 08:54 AM

Clara, I thought I was the only one awake this early!! I know you're excited for the weekend though - are you trying to squeeze every drop of daylight out of your non-teaching time??

MT has been talking to himself in his crib since 6:20, and until he gets ticky I'm going to leave him there while I rub my eyes and ponder the coffeepot. It's allllllll the way downstairs. And I'm lazy. Plus, it usually makes me throw up to drink coffee so early. Gah. I better go get The Kid before he wakes everyone else up.

We're gardening today!
#140 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Yep! No sunlight yet, though... come ON weather people! They're promising sun by the early afternoon. Right now the name of the game is to get laundry done, and tackle the office and bedroom and baby's room.

The dog is kind of like a toddler. She wakes us up bright and early every weekend with this funny dog talking, like "Rowr-rowr-rowr" that she never does at any other time of the day. And skitters around the floor doing a potty dance until DH gets up to let her out. After that, we both get up. She was really funny this AM, springing around, and playing with her voice. First she'd do a high pitched "girly" bark, and then a low pitched drill sargeant bark, and back and forth.

Ooohhh... is that you, sunshine? The clouds seem a bit brighter. Gotta go!

Clara

#141 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 10:58 AM

Ds2 had another low blood sugar attack at school yesterday. Once he ate, he was fine. Ugh.
I need to go to the grocery store so badly it isn't even funny. That has been my plan all week to get up and go bright and early. Wouldn't ya know, one of dh's guys broke his truck or something, so he had to pick him and the parts up. Who knows what time he'll get back from that. There is no way that I am taking all of the kids when I am hormonal anyway! I'm ready to bang their heads together now- I can't imagine taking them in public this morning!

Where in the hell is my sunshine? It's dreary and supposed to be rainy here today.

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
#142 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 01:01 PM - Thread Starter

Beautiful and sunny here! Supposed to be all weekend after a week of rain I'm excited, I just wish I had more energy to do "stuff". I'd invite everyone over (we live next to the beach ) and we could all enjoy the sunshine together just so long as no one judges my housekeeping skills as of late.

I'm pretty pissed at my dh right now.. last night he was a total ass, I asked him to massage my back because hello.. I'm huge and my back is killing me. He acted like I asked him to give me the moon and stars. After a 3 second (no joke) half ass rub he goes back to whatever was so interesting on the internet. He spends all of his time in our bedroom on his damn laptop. So anyway, I stomp out of there after sitting next to him (im)patiently because I'm angry and hurt and sick of being ignored. The jerk doesn't even get up to see why I left.. a few hours later I see that he's sleeping and I was getting tired so I go to get into bed (jerk has all my pillows), pull 2 pillows out from under him and he opens his eyes and moves toward the center of the bed. : Aidan wasn't sleeping in our bed last night so I was hoping to stretch out a bit, ya know? I say are you going to move over so I can get into bed? He moves over more on my side... now I'm like livid so I just snatch my blanket and pillows and slept on the couch WITH Aidan. wtf? At 7 something this morning he wakes me up and asks (innocently) why are you sleeping on the couch, yeah buddy because your ass wouldn't move. RAWR

#143 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 01:07 PM

Oh Nic, that sounds crummy of your DH!

I have a headache today. Guess I'd better pull out the Neti Pot. I'm cranky too, unbelievably so, and DH is at work this weekend for some special stuff they have to do, which upsets the balance of everything. He usually takes the 3 yr old to Tap Dancing class on Saturdays, since it's at 9am in the morning, but I tried this morning and the kid just threw a tantrum. I don;t have patience for it, and told him ok, we won't go then, which put him further into tantrumland. We ended up not going just because time ran out.

Ohhh my head!
#144 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 01:10 PM - Thread Starter

Panthira I hope your day gets a bit better. I have yet to use the neti pot this morning I need it.. just a bit of congestion leftover from this cold!

#145 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 01:25 PM

tantrumland is SO not my fave place to be, so sorry mama

woke up with a splitting headache thats coming from my neck. OWWWWWW.

i had a similar incident with my DH last night. i asked him to rub my feet a bit as the tops were getting a tiny swollen, and they had been aching a tiny bit. so he puts a foot in his hands and squeezes it softly like 3 times then does the next one... uh DUDE thats so NOT rubbing my feet!!!!! grumble.
sorry your DH was being a UAV last night Nic.

Miss J should be here any second. i dont want to move today. let alone take care of an almost three year old and an almost two and a half year old.
i want to nap. and cry. and make my headache go away.
and i cant take my medicine cause it impares my ability to take care of the girls.
maybe my mom will come over and give me some help.

#146 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
... ... I say are you going to move over so I can get into bed? He moves over more on my side... now I'm like livid so I just snatch my blanket and pillows and slept on the couch WITH Aidan. wtf? At 7 something this morning he wakes me up and asks (innocently) why are you sleeping on the couch, yeah buddy because your ass wouldn't move. RAWR
How obnoxious! My DH isn't much for getting off the 'net & doing any rubs either : , but at least he gives me plenty of bed space - if he tried hogging it, I think I'd do what one of my preg. bitches did to me when I was sleeping on the couch next to the whelping box, & she was due anytime - just climb over & lay on him! (Since I weigh considerably more than the 130 my preg. dog did, he'd have to move I think he knows this....)

We're having hot sunny weather here - wish I could send some of it to you in cooler places!

: : SAHM to : (5/06), : (7/07) Plus : & a few
#147 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
Beautiful and sunny here! Supposed to be all weekend after a week of rain I'm excited, I just wish I had more energy to do "stuff". I'd invite everyone over (we live next to the beach ) and we could all enjoy the sunshine together just so long as no one judges my housekeeping skills as of late.

I'm pretty pissed at my dh right now.. last night he was a total ass, I asked him to massage my back because hello.. I'm huge and my back is killing me. He acted like I asked him to give me the moon and stars. After a 3 second (no joke) half ass rub he goes back to whatever was so interesting on the internet. He spends all of his time in our bedroom on his damn laptop. So anyway, I stomp out of there after sitting next to him (im)patiently because I'm angry and hurt and sick of being ignored. The jerk doesn't even get up to see why I left.. a few hours later I see that he's sleeping and I was getting tired so I go to get into bed (jerk has all my pillows), pull 2 pillows out from under him and he opens his eyes and moves toward the center of the bed. : Aidan wasn't sleeping in our bed last night so I was hoping to stretch out a bit, ya know? I say are you going to move over so I can get into bed? He moves over more on my side... now I'm like livid so I just snatch my blanket and pillows and slept on the couch WITH Aidan. wtf? At 7 something this morning he wakes me up and asks (innocently) why are you sleeping on the couch, yeah buddy because your ass wouldn't move. RAWR
Oh Nic I sure wish I lived closer to you! I'd love to be at the beach! I wouldn't care what your house looked like either yours can not be worse than mine right now.... too busy outside to care about the inside!
How come dh's can be so loving some days and such a$$'s the next? Dh snores so loudly some nights extra loud on nights when he has a beer or two while watching the hockey game... I'm like dude you could try some to be compassionate...a) I can't have a beer with you and b) you snore so damn loudly and keep me up half the night!
#148 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 11:47 PM

So Clara, did you have nice weather today??

I wore a DRESS today and OH MY GOD the freedom. I only have short, summery mat. dresses and it hasn't been warm enough yet. But now I'm addicted. No waistbands!!!!
#149 of 156 Old 04-28-2007, 11:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
So Clara, did you have nice weather today??

I wore a DRESS today and OH MY GOD the freedom. I only have short, summery mat. dresses and it hasn't been warm enough yet. But now I'm addicted. No waistbands!!!!
I love my long skirts for this reason.. nothing to bind me in at all, total freedom! I wish I had a few more and some tanks to go with them. I'm waiting on a care package from a friend in Nevada. She said she had tons of stuff for me in there including a car seat!

#150 of 156 Old 04-29-2007, 12:14 AM

oh i LOVE my hippie skirts for that reason i hike the waistband up reall high, like right under my boobs, and wear them like that. flowey and no waist constriction.
YAY for my payday. off to go grocery shopping. remind me that 100 doesnt go far when its all spent on cravings....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page