Weekly Thread April 23rd - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 156 Old 04-29-2007, 12:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We just got back from the ren. fest, and we had a lovely day. Ok, so it was a little hot! I had one person say that I should have the baby any minute, 3 ladies were in shock that I am 29 weeks because I was SO tiny, one guy (who worked there...and this was kind of his job) teased dh and myself with I know what you have been doing, and one guy said I had magic in me. All in all it was a fun day despite Benji being crazy napless. He was also more energetic than usual. He got a huge bruise on his chin from falling straight on it, bruised up his knees, arms, and elbows, and was covered from head to toe in dirt. It kind of reminded me that I have been keeping him from being a boy lately. We have been playing inside a lot lately. I am a bad mommy for that! Dh just stepped out of the shower so it is time for me to step in.... It is kind of sad, but we really don't fit in there together any more!
#152 of 156 Old 04-30-2007, 12:48 AM - Thread Starter

*gasp*

January 08 has a ddc now.

It truly feels like time is flying but standing still all at the same time.

DH made up for his asshattery yesterday by being sweet today. I finally got him to help me in my "trimming" endeavor. I felt so "overgrown" recently and was unable to do anything about it.. not for lack of trying either I just couldn't see what the hell I was trimming at and was terrified of cutting a labia or other very important parts. TMI but I feel so much cleaner in that vicinity now!

I started sewing up some cloth wipes. I had an old flannel receiving blanket and a couple of flannel pillowcases that seldom get used (too hot!) so I cut them up and they actually look really nice. It felt good to sew and it wasn't complicated, I tend to get frustrated pretty easily lately. I'm wondering if I can't make some mama cloth in a similar fashion.. just need to figure out some absorbency issues.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#153 of 156 Old 04-30-2007, 01:03 AM

Way to go Nic! I have to say that I was a little lost when I saw the 2008 ddc! We got moved up another row, and it was also a little disturbing.... Ok, so that is not really the word, but now it is getting more and more obvious that we will all have to get these babies out of us. I really need to start my Hypbirth cds quickly!!!!!!
#154 of 156 Old 04-30-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
*gasp*

January 08 has a ddc now.
But the bigger news is that July is finally in its proper chronological place!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

My OCD is quieted.
#155 of 156 Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckydog View Post
But the bigger news is that July is finally in its proper chronological place!

WOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!

My OCD is quieted.
Yes I saw that too.. I was a bit perplexed at first. There was a thread in the ddc main forum about it.. seems we weren't the only ones that felt twitchy about it.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#156 of 156 Old 04-30-2007, 09:25 AM

Hey Nic....the mama cloth I have is really just a prefold diaper cut to size, then sandwiched between two layers of printed fabric with wings to snap underneath your panties. They have an opening for stuffing it with a folded doubler that you could also easily make - check out how they look online at different sites and I bet you can easily figure it out.

All I"ve ever made is some cloth napkins out of a huge flannel sheet - just zigzagged the edges and I didn't even bother pinning them. I really don't sew well at all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page