Weekly Thread April 23rd - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 02:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Where's our new thread?!

Not much happening over here.. I'm really huge and everyone around me is making a point of saying so. : I'm carrying all in the front with this one.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 02:09 PM

I'll get in this week if I can I will probably just lurk though. I've come down with shingles and it's the most painful thing I think I've ever had. So I've been kind of reading and not really responding to posts for a day or so now because I just can't concentrate enough. The one good thing is that now I am exposing my ds to chicken pox so hopefully he'll get it and then I'll be throwing a pox party.

I actually feel kind of bad because I feel like I haven't paid any attention or been connected at all with the baby these past few days because of being sick. The pain really makes me think of only myself. Poor ds is probably going to watch hours of TV today (he usually only gets 30 mins).

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#3 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Aww Rachel I hope you feel better soon! Take some time for yourself and don't beat yourself up over it.

#4 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 02:49 PM

Heal quickly, Rachel.

I get to start packing today! First up is all the crap in the garage. I hate packing. I hate moving. I hate the whole process, but it'll be soooo worth it once we're there!
#5 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 03:10 PM

Firefighter Mel checking in (Benji just put one of his fire hats on my head). Sorry for the sickies and the packing! I have spent pretty much the whole last week unpacking stuff from our move a year ago. It feels good to finally have all those boxes emptied, but I haven't been able to sew because I was unpacking boxes in the sewing room. Hopefully, I can get the rest of it squared away this week. Dh built a shed for the back this weekend so he can empty more of the garage. We have a ton of outdoor stuff in there that is just taking up room.

I have been trying to a few good nursing pieces online today since Benji slept until 10. He has been sick, and we are all exhausted from him being up for 2 nights. Why is it impossible to find cute stuff without spending a huge fortune? I may try to make some stuff by converting regular patterns. We will see how that goes.

I am so excited! I have lemons and tomatoes growing in my potted plant garden! Yea! So what if they are about the size of a peanut? I am growing stuff. Yea!

It is kind of scary though. I may have as few as 7 weeks left tomorrow. I have SO much to do. Does everyone remember when this was the slowest pg ever? Now, it is just flying! Someone stop the train so I can rest for a bit.
#6 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 04:38 PM

Yep, these last weeks are just flying by! I think my mom heard a note of panic in my voice the other day bacause she just called to surprise me with a visit. We live far apart and dont get to see each other very often, so this is a real treat! She asked me to make a wish list (clean closets, organize baby clothes, weeding the garden.....) and to be honest, I am so relieved to have some help!
My midwife visit on Friday held mostly good news and a little bad news. Good news is that no GD, and baby is growing right on track (actually a little ahead). Also, she gave me a handout of things she routinely does and does not do in labor. It basically matches what I planned to ask for. She said the nurses sometimes give HER a hard time (like no pit to control bleeding and no routine IV), but that is her concern, not mine.
Bad news is my BP is creeping up. No alarm yet, but because of my history, she wanted to prepare me with how she deals with PIH. She is willing to avoid induction to an extent, but she thinks she wants to try some herbal methods starting at 36 weeks to encourage labor on the early side. Maybe it won't happen, but I like having a plan just in case.

Had my first Birthing from within class Sat. It was great to pause a little and aknowledge this pregnancy. I have been so busy with life that I sometimes forget I'm pregnant. It was some good focused time with DH which we also needed.

Anyone else taking classes?

Sounds like a busy week for all...happy packing and unpacking!
#7 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 04:43 PM

i was thinking about the time until the safety zone 37-43 weeks, and OMG thats not too far off!!!

i feel like i have been cheating this baby out of some serious connecting lately too. i have so much going on with Addy, and working at home doing childcare for another 2 y.o, and DH working so much and us worrying about finances, and then the body aches and pains that distract me, i feel like i havent devoted enough time for inner reflection and bonding.
with Addy all i did was sit around and bond with her. seriously, i wasnt working, we were living at my folks' house, all i had to do was spend time and attention on growing a baby, so Addy and i are SUPER bonded.
i have to admit i am quite scared i wont feel the same for the second.

i am in SO much pain today. ow ow ow. i need a maternity belt. ow.
did i mention OW?!

i need a nap. hopefully the girls want to sleep at 12, yeah right!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#8 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 04:46 PM

Heather, you posted while i was typing so i didnt see it before i hit send...

what IS your bp?
and you know its pretty normal to have slight bp rises or drops in the final trimester right?
you only need to be concerned with elevated bp if it gets HIGH suddenly, if you start swelling, if you start seeing spots, having chest pains, intense headaches, and are spilling lots of protiens.
i suggest eating as much protien as your body needs, plus maybe a tiny bit more, staying AWAY from caffiene, and salting your food to taste as well as drinking enough water.

high bp isnt a REAL reason to induce unless its accompanied by other symptoms that show danger to yourself and baby.

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#9 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:10 PM

I have almost all the books packed! Maybe one or two boxes worth left... I just have a couple more items of furniture to measure and figure out how they'll be fitting in upstairs. We're meeting with the landlords tomorrow to sign the new paperwork... and today I haven't gotten anything done : I'm tired and grumpy and dh isn't helping any because he refuses to understand anything I say to him until I've explained it at least three or four times. Then he says that he'll do something (like clean out the cat box) and just doesn't do it... : So I get frustrated and he gets upset. Blah. I can't even go into the bathroom right now because the litter box is so nasty

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#10 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:13 PM

For the moment, things have slowed down here. I'm starting to get antsy over my parent's impending visit this weekend. My mother puts Martha Stewart to shame (and Martha Stewart I am not). She'll happily clean and organize my house, but she'll tell me all about how filthy and disorganized I am while she's doing it. I love my mom, but she really knows how to make me feel like a total slob. It will be a short visit, though.
I have my 28 week appointment tomorrow- in the new IHS facility. Indian Health Service moved into their new building last week. It's very swanky, and I'm excited to get to be in there as a patient. I may have to do the blood glucose test, but I have had a little swelling around the ankles and some fuzzy vision, so it won't kill me to have that checked.
I can tell baby is moving less these days, probably getting crowded in there. There still is movement, just not the pure craziness of a couple of weeks ago.
Finally, some relief from the wacky first part of my pregnancy: DH got a fellowship. He will now officially be able to stay home and write (and be a SAHD) for the next two years!!! This is a dream come true. We were going to have him stay home fellowship or no, but now we can afford to do it and eat as well. I'm so proud of him. He's such a good guy, and I'm so happy to see him recognized.
#11 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:14 PM

Hang in there!
#12 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:15 PM

This week - Tired. So tired, and I can't seem to bring my energy level up.

My midwives insist on doing the glucose monitor with me,. so they left it with me. I tried to get the pricker thing to poke me and I have a pregnancy ADD or something, so it's hard for me to focus on directions. I did the pen thing wrong, got quickly frustrated, pulled the needle out and accidently pricked myself. That darn well hurt! Oh well, got some blood on the strip, but it wouldn't read, wouldn't read, wouldn;t read. Turned itself off. I got pissed off, turned it back on and after awhile got that stupid thing to read my blood. Now I'm eating. Then I have to do the whole thing over again, but I believe I figured out the pen now.

I can't believe I'm 28 weeks!

The annoying teen is trying out a school this week, so I have the little ones by myself after tomorrow. DH took today off to help out. My buttcheeks hurt a lot now, when I get up to walk. This is new, never happened in the other pregnancies.
#13 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:28 PM

I feel like time is both slow & fast - I'm not ready for another child yet, but on the other hand, I want to meet the new LO, & the 3rd trimester is no fun -my DD (a year old in May!) is sleeping well - often goes to bed late (around 10 pm) but once she's down, only wakes once to nurse - I'm dying here though, as between heartburn, no bladder capacity, & hip pain, I'm up every 1 1/2-2 hours - aack! I think I actually got *more* sleep after the baby was born, last time, than during the 3rd trimester. Hurry up July!
Here's a couple of recent pics of Anneliese (DD#1):
http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c...sorter4470.jpg
http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c.../situp4454.jpg

OK, my big vent, since I know you all will understand:
It's rather frustrating too, since all of my near-to-my-heart activities are not real compatable w/late pregnancy, & I have a hard time getting anyone to help out at all; I *cannot* wrestle an uncooperative 85 lb sheep while wearing DD & 28 weeks along - DH is complaining about watching DD for 15-20 min. in the evenings after he gets home from work so I can get the rejected lamb to nurse -"Why did you breed them this year? You better not raise any for a few more years!" (I've had 1 other rejection case in over 8 years & nearly 200 lambs)- I'm tired, my feet hurt, I'm waddling out to the pasture through the dark & rain to catch & hold this idiot sheep so her lamb can nurse. It looks like a garden isn't going to happen this year either - I'm just too tired to haul manure, dig up weeds, & no one will water it but me. DH does help w/the house, but just isn't a country kind of guy, & I never minded doing all the mowing, pruning, muck shoveling, & etc, (I was working full-time then myself) but I just wish this once he'd step in & help out. He does about 5 hours a week watching our DD, occasionally giving her breakfast while I'm out doing chores (but then doesn't clean her off or change her clothes, or do dishes during) - doesn't change diapers, bathe her, etc. Will play w/her & read her stories. He isn't uninterested, just expects me to do everything; I point out when #2 comes along, he'll *have* to do more, but he's fussing that he might have to cut back on his 2 hour daily exercise routine, or his computer surfing : My mom lives next door, but spends all her time out running errands, shopping, socializing, etc - I do all the billing for her business (she boards horses), answer her e-mails (it's too hard for her to figure out how to answer an e-mail?) & while she will come over for 1/2 hr weekdays in the afternoon so I can run up & feed the livestock, I never get to relax, it's always "hurry, hurry, I've got something else to do" (Do what? I'll never let our kids go next door to her house, she never cleans it - I mean, it's like a haunted house over there, nice antiques, but dust, cobwebs, mice, papers, magazines, & clothes all over the floor...). Dad lives out of state, but maybe when he retires & moves back, he'll help her get stuff cleaned up.
Whew! Enough whining, I know there's folks w/worse problems, but sometimes it feels good to just get something off your chest.

: : SAHM to : (5/06), : (7/07) Plus : & a few
#14 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello ladies!
I'm babysitting today. With my 2 little ones, I have 6 age 4 and under! Exhausting!!! Although 3 are asleep at this very moment!

Feeling good. I'm 31 weeks tomorrow! I can't believe it! And yes I have a lot to do!! My house is in serious need of spring cleaning. Between always babysitting, helping my mom remodel the "new" old home she just bought and just being lazy, not a lot is happening in the spring cleaning department. I've got to get on it though. I want the house in tip top shape when the baby comes. We are renting an older home right now, and I just want it really clean...ya know??

I don't see my mw for a couple more weeks. I've had very minimal prenatal care this preggy which I'm ok with. It just took us so long to find a mw and now the one I found is a 4 hour drive so we just don't see each other too often. I think I've had a total of 3 prenatals so far! If only my deliveries were easier I could just go UC!! I would love it, but dh would freak! I keep telling him the mw won't make it in time and he'll deliver for me...He doesn't find me funny at all!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#15 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I had a WIC appointment last Wednesday and my iron measured 9.4. Time to start taking iron again. I have an appointment with the midwife next Monday and they're going to check it again.

I want to talk to my midwife soon about not doing the every 2 weeks then every week thing with the prenatal appointments. This is my fourth baby and I don't feel like I need to go in that often. Taking my kids and the girl I babysit every other week or weekly would just be a pain in the ass.

James just got over a stomach bug, but now Delilah seems to be coming down with something. She's been tired and grumpy all day. Luckily, Patrick, Tim and I have been ok.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#16 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Tiffany I hear ya on a support belt.. I've found them too be too pricy for our budget right now (I always seem to be whining about money.. don't i?) and just can't justify spending on one because this is it. I can't wear anything around my belly right now either because I have some kind of itchy rash there and anything touching it just aggravates it to no end. So this in turn makes her ball up in the front and stretch me to the point of extreme OW. Dh gets behind me and rubs my tummy is this extremely soothing way that relaxes her and me... it's very nice.

I've been really tired lately.. sleeping a lot during the day when I can (nice to have a mellow, easily entertained and sympathetic 5 yr old) and I'm up and down all night long. I'm coming down with the cold or allergies the boys had. guys, right? My throat feels like I swallowed broken glass at times but that's from the lovely post nasal drip and my sinuses feel inflamed. I will ask the doc on wednesday about it AND the damn rash.

My last prenatal visit they informed me that I needed to pay $118 a month for my care.. I didn't have a checkbook with me that day so I said can I get something out to you next month which I was told was all good. After going through my bills and everything I found there is no possible way I can work that into the budget AT ALL. I was so upset over it and really stressing out so I called up the accounts manager (who is so sweet) and explained the situation to her. She was so willing to work with me and asked me what was affordable, told me I would need to sign a promissory note and run it past the doc but felt it was doable. I told her I didn't want to default and felt terrible about it she told me not to fret. Have I said how much I love the doctor and his staff? I've never had a doctor so willing to work with me on things.. they truly are wonderful. :

#17 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 05:50 PM

Addy'smama~ I felt the same way while pg with ds. I felt like "how could I ever love anyone as much as dd?" (although I knew it was possible- my mom had 4 kids and loved us all). As soon as ds was born, on the video, you hear me saying, "Oh my God... I LOVE HIM!!! I LOVE HIM!!!" So, now I'm there again... I know I'll love Kalia as much as the other 2, but it seems weird right now. I'm use to dd and ds. I'm just really excited to meet her and hold another little newborn in my arms (and not have nursing hurt!)

Shabazin~ I can't even imagine doing what all you do! I'm sorry you don't have more help. The reply that your dh gave you is something my dh would say! Like, we're inconveniencing them in some way. (not as if our whole lives are one big inconvenience! No matter what we're doing, we have to do it all, and then some more!)

I'm good this week. Nothing new, still feeling like crap with a cold. I LOVE the weather we're having!!! I can't wait until my kitchen renovation is done this weekend, so I can spring clean! YEAH!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#18 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 07:29 PM

Ok this sucks. My mw wanted me to be seen by a doc for the shingles as she wanted to be re-assured that it won't harm the baby and wanted me to get some anti-virals. Problem is that I switched my insurance like just a month ago and don't have a doctor right now at all. So I try and get an appt on base even though I knew it prob wouldn't happen since I was told when I switched that I would be considered lowest priority on base. Apparently lowest priority means they won't even talk to me or consider making an appointment :

Then I call my old OB who did a colposcopy for me during this pregnancy. During that appt (I was about 17 wks I think) he was very interested in the whole homebirth thing and told me if I ever had any issues or questions I could call him. So I call there and get the run around and they finally tell me I would have to become his OB patient before he'd see me. Of course they wouldn't actually let me talk with him and I really do believe he was sincere in what he said previously.

So then I finally decide to just go to urgent care only to find out there aren't any in 100 miles that take my insurance! WTH?!?! This is so freaking aggravating!

I did find some stuff online saying there is no harm to the baby when you have shingles so at least I have that consolation. But I was starting to look forward to some anti-virals and possibly some pain meds. Oh well I guess I'll just stick with my ice but this just really sucks. I swear doctors are so freaking worthless sometimes!!

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#19 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=AddysMama;7929109]i have to admit i am quite scared i wont feel the same for the second.

QUOTE]

Don't worry! You will be bonded with your second. It comes around differently, but I know I was worried when I was expecting my second (how could I possible be bonded with anyone like I was with dd??) but it happened and our lives are so full....I feel like my heart expended and I am even more coneected to my two now. I don't know if that makes sense.

About the BP...the numbers right now are 130/85 ish. Not alarming, but I satrted at 123/68 and where there is usually a drop in BP, second trimester??, it has just moved up slowly. I really hope it is nothing and she won't induce for this number, but my last two pregnancies I had signs of Pre-e at 36 weeks. Diastolic over 100 and swelling but not alot of protein. I chose a midwife this time hoping that we can watch the signs and prevent induction. I think she is just concerned there is a pattern and wants me to be prepared.

I made my next appointment for afternoon and am trying to cut out my am coffee. But I've been eating extra protein and taking calcium/Magnesium supplements, even taking yoga. She mentioned some essential oils and swimming can help. I'm willing to try anything! I'm open to suggestions....
#20 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM

I wanted to add that at my BFW class, we watched a beautiful home waterbirth video and my husband was so interrested. He wants me to be able to birth in water (that's not possible at my hospital). I said that I ruled out a homebirth in part because I was sure he wouldn't go for it. He said it was up to me...... I'm not sure I want to switch at this stage, but it opened up some great conversations.
#21 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM

I'm just so tired and cranky. I wish I had the power to breathe fire. That is all- nothing constructive. Not helping matters is that I washed and rewashed prefolds, flat-folds and some motherease AIO's this AM, and tumbled them dry and tossed them on my bed. The PFs and AIOs are awesome; the flat-folds are pilly and linty and shedding all over my bed and floor. Back to the washer they go- I think at best these will function as liners for overnight.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#22 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 09:08 PM

It's getting warm here again, finally. And I wish I had some maternity dresses - I'd forgotten how uncomfy it is to wear shorts.

THe boys are all downstairs playing foosball, and I'm up here eating yet another bowl of fried rice. Someone gave us one of those industrial sized pans of tofu and veggie fried rice, and I'm slowly eating my way through it before it goes bad. I've had at least 2 bowls each day since Saturday. Mark will eat it as well, but nobody else wants to touch it. I can't stand the thought of wasting food......I'm going to gain 10 lbs this week if I keep eating this much every day.
#23 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 09:22 PM

Hi everyone .

Things are okay here...just really tired all of the time..and I have this horrid back pain that is getting worse and worse everyday. It started pretty soon after I found out I was pregnant and was just a minor bother...but now that has become a VERY major bother that is making it hard for me to move in certain ways. Very bad..and soo painful. I am assuming that maybe it is just from the extra weight out front (Boobs and belly...since they are all huge now!)....I have thought about the support bands, but really do not want to spend the money AND I really do not know if I could handle anything on my belly..I really hate the maternity pants being over it and have to roll them down around my waist.

*Sigh*, the back pain is really making me feel helpless...and I HATE feeling helpless. Nothing has gotten done around the house for the past several days (and it is really starting to show!) because it is often too painful for me to even walk around...I can do things in VERY short bursts and then I must sit or lie down flat on my back (I know, I am not supposed to do that...but it is often the ONLY position that relieves my back for a few minutes..and I only do it for a few minutes at a time!).

Anyway, sorry..enough complaining about my back .

Other than that..I have noticed a bit of a slowdown in baby movements and a change in the feeling of them. I am hoping that it means that this baby has decided to like being anterior rather than posterior like my other two stubborn ones!

I really feel like time is crawling by....oh well!
#24 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shahbazin View Post
I feel like time is both slow & fast - I'm not ready for another child yet, but on the other hand, I want to meet the new LO, & the 3rd trimester is no fun -my DD (a year old in May!) is sleeping well - often goes to bed late (around 10 pm) but once she's down, only wakes once to nurse - I'm dying here though, as between heartburn, no bladder capacity, & hip pain, I'm up every 1 1/2-2 hours - aack! I think I actually got *more* sleep after the baby was born, last time, than during the 3rd trimester. Hurry up July!
Here's a couple of recent pics of Anneliese (DD#1):
http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c...sorter4470.jpg
http://shahbazinanatolianshepherds.c.../situp4454.jpg

OK, my big vent, since I know you all will understand:
It's rather frustrating too, since all of my near-to-my-heart activities are not real compatable w/late pregnancy, & I have a hard time getting anyone to help out at all; I *cannot* wrestle an uncooperative 85 lb sheep while wearing DD & 28 weeks along - DH is complaining about watching DD for 15-20 min. in the evenings after he gets home from work so I can get the rejected lamb to nurse -"Why did you breed them this year? You better not raise any for a few more years!" (I've had 1 other rejection case in over 8 years & nearly 200 lambs)- I'm tired, my feet hurt, I'm waddling out to the pasture through the dark & rain to catch & hold this idiot sheep so her lamb can nurse. It looks like a garden isn't going to happen this year either - I'm just too tired to haul manure, dig up weeds, & no one will water it but me. DH does help w/the house, but just isn't a country kind of guy, & I never minded doing all the mowing, pruning, muck shoveling, & etc, (I was working full-time then myself) but I just wish this once he'd step in & help out. He does about 5 hours a week watching our DD, occasionally giving her breakfast while I'm out doing chores (but then doesn't clean her off or change her clothes, or do dishes during) - doesn't change diapers, bathe her, etc. Will play w/her & read her stories. He isn't uninterested, just expects me to do everything; I point out when #2 comes along, he'll *have* to do more, but he's fussing that he might have to cut back on his 2 hour daily exercise routine, or his computer surfing : My mom lives next door, but spends all her time out running errands, shopping, socializing, etc - I do all the billing for her business (she boards horses), answer her e-mails (it's too hard for her to figure out how to answer an e-mail?) & while she will come over for 1/2 hr weekdays in the afternoon so I can run up & feed the livestock, I never get to relax, it's always "hurry, hurry, I've got something else to do" (Do what? I'll never let our kids go next door to her house, she never cleans it - I mean, it's like a haunted house over there, nice antiques, but dust, cobwebs, mice, papers, magazines, & clothes all over the floor...). Dad lives out of state, but maybe when he retires & moves back, he'll help her get stuff cleaned up.
Whew! Enough whining, I know there's folks w/worse problems, but sometimes it feels good to just get something off your chest.
Wow you are an AMAZING WOMAN! I'm exhausted just reading your post!
I was just out helping dh rake the yard and I got tired of hearing "Don't over do it!" I think he just hates hearing me whine when I over do it!
#25 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmBam View Post
Hello ladies!

I don't see my mw for a couple more weeks. I've had very minimal prenatal care this preggy which I'm ok with. It just took us so long to find a mw and now the one I found is a 4 hour drive so we just don't see each other too often. I think I've had a total of 3 prenatals so far! If only my deliveries were easier I could just go UC!! I would love it, but dh would freak! I keep telling him the mw won't make it in time and he'll deliver for me...He doesn't find me funny at all!!
I thought my dh would freak about going uc too, but once he realized that I was committed and serious and 100% confident he came on board. IMO you should just oops wait too long to call the mw! or is that passive aggressive! Anywho you should read Laura Shanley's book it was such a great book! Did you watch the uc twins birth that was posted? The dad really didn't do anything at all! Which made my dh sigh a big relief sigh!
#26 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 11:09 PM

I'm doing well today and getting things accomplished in the house. It's so nice to purge things that we really don't need or have extras of.

I was very blessed to receive a Beautiful quilt last week from some Very supportive mums on another board in memory of Roo. I'm going to make a post about it and you can see just how beautiful it is. I have hung it up in our room and wake up to it every morning and know that I am loved and being prayed for daily.

Melody is having a hard grieving day and has been extra cuddly. It's so hard to see your child grieving when 99% of the time you can fix things. We openly grieve in front of her and allow her to go through the emotions, feelings and thoughts that she is having about her sister. Every day is very different for her and we just go with the flow on how to support her.

On Wednesday I get to sign up for the breastfeeding seminar that our hospital is doing. They do one every weekend towards the end of your due date and I'm looking forward to it. I'm also reading through LLLI's breastfeeding book and am really enjoying that. I so desperately want to BF this little one and am glad to have the support that I do.

Well, that is all that is new on this end.

Blessings,

Denise
#27 of 156 Old 04-23-2007, 11:40 PM

Will everyone who is super emotional please raise her hand? It seems like everything around me depresses me lately. Stupid little things will make me want to crawl up in a ball and ignore the world.

For example, dh's parents were supposed to bring a car seat for us (they made this huge big deal about me not buying one because they would bring back one of the triplets' seats), Well, they brought back all this stuff (none of which was really needed), but they left the seat. It turns out that my mom is going to be up in the dc area twice before the baby comes so she is going to grab the seat and bring it back. Until I knew that, I was over the edge on Saturday. I mean I couldn't stop crying. Dh kept saying that it would work out, but I was really mad that we were going to have to spend more money than we would have (if I had bought it that day, with coupons and such, I would have saved about $30). Dh likes to tell me that everything will work out (ok...the car seat may), but I just don't believe that anymore.

I may not get the sling I wanted due to a big mix up. I understand, but I really love that sling.

Plus, my sister isn't pg this month. I want her to be pg more than anything on earth. She has one sweet boy, but they have been trying for 3 years for another. She is now on drugs and such, and we were all hoping this would be the month. Why is it that there are so many people in the world that don't mean to get pg do and get mad about it when there are people who would do anything for a baby? Life is really not fair, and I want to be able to make everything better for her. I am really feeling depression hitting me hard, and I don't want to do anything all day. It is also hard because time is moving so fast.

Ok, sorry for the vent! I am just having a rough day. Like someone else said, I know others are having it worse than I.
#28 of 156 Old 04-24-2007, 12:08 AM

*raises hand* I've been WAY emotional lately... partly probably because we're in the process of moving and I hate hate hate moving, but I think a lot of it is being pregnant and tired. Everything dd does drives me nuts lately and dh just can't say or do anything right either.

I also have a giant pile of dishes to do and I should be getting to that soon while dd is napping.

I've been feeling depressed about almost everything the past week too. I'm always either totally elated over something or down in the dumps about something else (or about nothing at all...). When I'm depressed I don't eat enough : So, I'm working on it, but we're also low on funds right now due to moving costs (increased rent, feeding all the folks who will be helping us, etc.) so we can't afford to buy special foods that sound good to me.

I can't wait until we're all moved and done with it!

love and peace.

mama to two girls and due in November!
: Circumcision can never be undone :
#29 of 156 Old 04-24-2007, 12:17 AM

*raising my hand as well*

I cry over the silliest things, and lately I've noticed how BIG my boys are getting and I'm a total blubbery mess over it. MT is stringing short sentences together now = "Mummy drink coffee", "Mark do bath" "Daddy helps you", that kind of thing. He plays so hard outside that he already has skinned up knees and elbows, and bruises all up and down his little toddler legs. He'll be two years old next month! I noticed T at the playground this evening - he looks like a REAL KID, not a little boy anymore. He rides his bike like he's been doing it since birth, and he's got another loose tooth. It's nearly too much to handle sometimes, and it's mostly where my emotion surfaces.

I'm also really, really short tempered, which is far less manageable than just crying at the drop of a hat.
#30 of 156 Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 AM

As if there isn't enough drama right now.

Tom got up this morning and was all happy, wanting to make me coffee, eat breakfast with us, walk the kid to the bus stop....all the things that he has no real, actual interest in. The stuff that disintigrates after a few days when it becomes tiresome.

In all reality, we can't afford to live separately. It would be a financial disaster, and it would destroy my kids relationship with their father. I can't be that selfish. He's not abusive, he doesn't physically harm me and he's not any type of addict. I want to live my life apart from him, but I have no means to do so. I can't afford to work AND pay childcare for 2 or 3 kids. Tom's job is barely enough for us when we're all in one household. Splitting that household, and his income, isn't workable. We're stalemated. I want out and he knows it. He also knows that I can't get out.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page