Weekly Thread may 7 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 155 Old 05-12-2007, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Dh got to hear an earful the whole way to the concert, which was really good btw.
So, today I got up at 8am and instead of going to get the kids, I told him that I had to go to a meeting and I would be back sometime this evening. That's how he does me when he leaves for work!
I did actually go to a midwife gathering that all of the midwives in the state were invited to. It was amazing and so empowering! And my midwife went ahead and did a prenatal with me since we were both there. That saves me from driving 1.5 hours each way to see her this week.
My BP was 104/ 60something!!!! All of the CPMs and apprentice midwives had a blast practicing on my belly. They were all trying to make sure that they felt the baby's head under my ribs so that they would know what a breech feels like. There was even a chiro there and she used me to demonstrate some stuff. I'm thinking I might want to go visit a chiro now!!
So, after telling dh that I was going to make an appearance and eat lunch with them (I was running late)... well, I decided to take my time and enjoy the sisterhood of being with all of these women that feel so strongly about natural birth. I didn't get home until 9 pm!!!
Now, shock of all shocks........ my house was totally clean!! Dh and the boys cleaned it while I was gone for an early Mother's Day present! I almost fell over! Kinda feel bad for yelling at him since we didn't stay in P-burgh last night.

In case I don't get on here in the morning~~

Happy Mother's Day to us all!!

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d
#152 of 155 Old 05-13-2007, 10:15 AM

IAm Pink~Sometimes they need a little "talking to/with" to get our point across! That's so awesome that you spent the day with like-minded mamas! I went to a LLL conference last year... it is so empowering!

Well, the night was a SUCCESS!!! Jeanna didn't even wake up once! She slept through the night in her own bed in her own room. We are so proud of her! Then, she woke up and gave me a plant that she planted in preschool, with a card. (It's official, I'm my mother... I cried at the little card!) She said to me "Mommy, from now on when you get mad, just look at the card and your 'heart will break'." (I always say that when she gives me little kisses, I can feel it in my heart, b/c I love her so much!!!) I think I should do just that; maybe it'll keep my temper underwraps! They're so wise, aren't they?!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone!!!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#153 of 155 Old 05-13-2007, 11:42 AM

Thanks for the hugs ladies. We had a good talk and everything is ok now.
#154 of 155 Old 05-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Happy Mother's Day everyone! Sound like you guys are all having a great weekend! I got two cards this morning-- one from DS with a drawing inside and one from the fetus that my husband had written to be "from" him... it was really cute! :

Mommy to two boys, ages 4 and 6.

#155 of 155 Old 05-13-2007, 03:12 PM

Happy mothers day mamas!!!!

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page