nesting instinct while on bedrest - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Technically I'm only on bedrest for two more days (YAY!) but yesterday and today I have had the WORST nesting instinct. All I wanted to do yesterday was run around and get all of the last minute stuff ready for the baby. (I did end up getting it all done but had to do it in chunks so I could rest in between) The frustrating thing about it is that I want to just bust it all out in a couple of hours but instead it takes all day since I need to rest. It makes me feel so unproductive when all I want is to be super productive. Today all I want to do is clean (which I haven't done AT ALL in weeks bc of the bedrest). Hopefully this subsides soon. and hopefully the baby stays in at least a couple of more weeks but I'm starting to get doubtful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2007, 10:22 AM

I understand what your going through. I'm supposed to be on modified bedrest but the last couple of days I've been giving up on it. It doesn't help to know that my DH will only be home until next Wed and then gone for a couple of wks. He will be home on the weekends, but it looks like I'll be having this baby without him around. I'd like my baby to stay put for a while longer but I also want Daddy to be here when it comes. How many wks are you? I'm 36 1/2 or 37 depending on the ultrasound or LMP.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

Old 06-09-2007, 11:35 AM

I can relate 100%!!
With my dd, I was on strict bedrest and when I went through nesting- I though I was literally going to go insane! I made a list for my dh and another for a good friend that I paid $40 for the day to help me. I couldn't get up at all to do any of it, so they really had to do it right or they knew that they would hear my constant bitching until they went insane!
Please stay in bed! It really isn't worth it if the baby comes before it is ready. *hugs* Enlist everyone that you know of to help. Do whatever it takes, but please try to rest.

Mama to my own amazing children..student midwife..home birth activist..and gestational surrogate-twin boys weighing 7lbs3oz & 8lbs4oz...vaginal, unmedicated forced induction @ 38w5d

User Tag List