Weekly thread~ July 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 05:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, since I'm awake, I'll start. It's 4:44am. YUCK! Still have 3 weeks to go, but know it could happen at any time. This upsets me, as my sister's wedding is this Sat. in Punta Cana, and my mom and dad are going the 4th through the 10th. She (mom) was at both of my other births, and we're both upset at the thought of her missing this one. Although, when I asked why they decided to go for so long, she was like "Well, you told me that your due date was the 22nd!" : OK, so, like, my first didn't come at 35 weeks! Babies can come at any time! Anyway, I also know that the thought of MIL and FIL being there, and them not, probably kills her (they were all there for the last two- well, the dads were right behind the curtain to protect my modesty). It was awesome to share such an important and INCREDIBLE event in my life with them. (I KNOW I'm in the minority when I say this! ) (BTW, they all get along very well, I just think that if MIL and FIL got to see it and my mom and dad didn't, that my mom and dad would have something to say about it- you know, the stupid comments that parents make... "Well, they are more bonded to this baby than us b/c, afterall, they were there and we were not..."- I hope I'm wrong about that, BTW!) Anyway, the baby can come either NOW, or wait until after they come back on the 10th. (PLEASE, baby, cooperate!)

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#2 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 10:45 AM

Oh, I hope your parents get to be there! :x

Our baby has a timeline, too. DH will be home July 3-16, then gone from July 17-30 (for work). My due date is July 25! So this little guy either needs to come about two weeks early, or about a week late. I'm kind of pulling for early. I'm going to be walking for at least 30 minutes every afternoon, starting today.
#3 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Well today is my due date Not that that is saying much; could be another two weeks. Actually I'd prefer not to go into labor today because I slept SO poorly last night. I was thinking of you and your insomnia, Keri, as I lay there not sleeping at 3am.

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#4 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 11:48 AM

My due date is friday! My midwife comes back from vacation the 8th, which is sunday. I'm hoping that baby stays put for a just a couple days past my dd!
#5 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM

Just a quick hello, and some to all the moms that are hitting their due date. I'm trying to get some things done around here, and figure out something to do to keep from going stark raving mad. I miss driving, and yet driving is sorta painful these days, so cramming myself into the car and ignoring the SP pain while I clutch and shift is just irritating enough to keep me from doing it.

Maybe I'll convince DH to go buy me some glycerine, and I'll make soap or something. What I really want is chocolate, and dangitall if I haven't eaten every last bit of it in the house.

Nothing else new my way. I think this baby wants to stay put for the rest of our combined lives. Whine whine, right? My estimated date is still 12 days away! And yet, I have a feeling that this child will be poking their head out for a quick high school prom photo, and then zooping back in.

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#6 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I'm 41 weeks tomorrow. I really did think this baby would be here by now. I don't know why...wishful thinking I guess. I'm getting a little impatient and hoping baby isn't growing too fast! Ok, gotta run. I have a massage scheduled!:

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#7 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 01:20 PM

Well, the full moon weekend and my due date have passed. I was kind of hoping something would happen this weekend but am not too bent out of shape that it didn't. Ds and I have a cold now, that is kind of a drag. Not feeling any hints of labor. My mom is here and no real agenda, so I think I'll just try to do get some pampering and rest while she spends time with ds until the baby makes his/her appearance.
#8 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 01:21 PM

I am also ready for babe to make his entrance. I want to sleep on my back! We have two move weeks in the hotel before our apartment is ready- and I am not due for 3.5 more weeks- so it really isn't time. My increased BP bounced us from the midwife to the Dr. We met him for the first time on Friday and really liked him, but it has been 10 years since I have had a male dr! I am not sure if the Dr or midwife will be the actual labor person (the practice is very integrated) I will ask when I am there today. They have had me in every two -three days, I am wondering if that is going to conitue until the baby comes. The DR indicated that we should be ready to go to the hospital at any point now. I did some reading on pre-e and am a little nervous about now about possible complications. While I want baby to cook until he is ready to come out, I am ready for the this worry to be over.

DH started his new job today.
#9 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 01:29 PM

How funny that this thread is so tiny today! Just goes to show that lots of our DDC members are now either new mommies, in labor, or just too dang pregnant and tired <or tired of being pregnant!> to post!!!

I'm hoping all of you ladies that are nearing your edd's go into labor soon, the ones past edd, go into labor TODAY and those of us who still have some waiting to do, I PRAY FOR PATIENCE!!! I'm right there with ya!

36weeks tomorrow and I swear, I feel like this baby will be here in less than two weeks!!! All along I've kept telling myself, "Don't expect him before mid-August" (he's due July 31st) but gosh, just something in my gut is telling me he is DONE and will be here SOON... : I wish I had some sort of shipping confirmation...tracking number or SOMETHING, yk?! Drives me insane to be so out of control (by such a LONG amount of time... could be tomorrow, could be SIX WEEKS FROM NOW!) Sheesh!

Good thing:

<copying & pasting> If you have nothing better to do, read on!

I got a TON of rest, and a TON of productivity accomplish this weekend!!!

Bray has been gone to the beach with my parents since Friday so I got to sleep in Saturday morning (which I *NEEDED*--I missed a 'sleep in day' the weekend before b/c I was so busy w/ all the shower festivities going on that I really needed a DAY OF REST this weekend)... and that is pretty much ALL I did saturday...

I got up around 11am, ate lunch and by 2pm me & dh were piled back up in the bed, just snuggling, resting, relaxing... we got up at like 5pm and were back in bed by 11pm!! I slept till I couldn't sleep anymore 9am Sunday morning, ate breakfast and was asleep again by 11am... woke up at 1pm and felt like a million BUCKS!!

So then, I got everything together that needed to be taken back (shower duplicates, etc), got my list(s) and various giftcards together and headed out on the town!

First I went to walmart and returned as much stuff as possible there... ended up getting $120 back in in-store credit (which I needed) and then I went around Walmart and gathered up all the miscellaneous birth kit supplies I needed... mostly depends, chux pads, maxi pads, peroxide, alcohol, olive oil, towels, a new set of sheets, a couple pans for herbs, etc...got a cute little red trashcan to use as a dry pail for diapers...That one in the link is like 30L and the one we got is the smaller version, I think it was like 12L?? It's about 1/2 that size... I also picked out a new shower curtain for our bathroom (our other one was hideous!) when I got it home, dh put it up for me and I realized that this is the same shower curtain our midwife's assistant has in her bathroom!! : Guess I'll need to tell her about that tomorrow! I seriously didn't even realize I had gotten the same one until it was UP and I was like, "OOPS! I guess we have the same tastes in bathroom fixtures!" ...anyway, I stocked up on breastmilk storage supplies and the playtex nurser kit I needed, and got some additional liners, etc...

Anyway, after I left walmart, I went to BRU and exchanged ANOTHER $80 worth of stuff... got my breastpump, some bottles, a changing pad & cover...oh, and a little medical kit that has all the 'little noses', 'little tummies' stuff in it... stuff we probably won't ever USE, but I'd be wiggin' out if I didn't have *something there* just in case...

THEN, I went to the grocery store and by the time I finally got home (4 hours later!) I was soooo pooped!!! I did wash all the linens for the birth kit and I've got to fold & seal them up this afternoon... I washed 2 sets of sheets last night (and our set that we're using right now, that we're planning to birth on, this morning) plus 4 towels, 10 washcloths, 8 recieving blankets and baby's 'born at home' tee shirt : ... so I've got to get all that stuff together tonight... I did get the other birth supplies together in a rubbermaid tub last night and they're all ready to go!! YAYYY!

Next weekend, I need to strip diapers and get them ready for baby!! I think I'm going to dye a bunch of them after the initial strip, so I hope that turns out well!!!

I'm just glad to have all this stuff DONE and my list of things to do is ALMOST COMPLETE!! We could *definately* have the baby TODAY and everything would be fine (I'd just need to strip those diapers during labor!) but I'm thinking little man is going to hold out at least a few (to 6? more weeks!!!

Alayna

Alayna
mama to Braden (9), Caleb (3) & Julie (16 mo)
#10 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 01:38 PM

: I have no damn clothes that fit me anymore.

I have a doc appointment today and that's about it. I'm tired from this weekend and feel like I've dropped a bit but then again I have no clue. I'm grumpy... sick of being up and down to pee at night, can't lay on my left side because my kidney doesn't like it and now I'm having a hard time staying comfortable on my right side because my hip aches. My feet are killing me as well.. and dh falls asleep or totally ignores my pleas for massage. *whine* *whine*

well.. i should probably finish getting ready to go. I still have to drop Aidan off at my aunt's, the other two stayed the night there. Hope everyone is not quite as grumpy as I am.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#11 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
Me either. My tummy is hanging out the bottom of my shirt today. And I'm at work. At a church. The pastor (my sort-of boss) came around this morning and told me that I could go ahead and take the next couple of weeks off before the baby comes if I want to (and still have my 6-8 weeks after babe is here). The whole time he was telling me this, I was thinking, "Yeah, you just think my tight, ill-fitting clothes make the church look bad!"

Actually I think he must have overheard me talking to a daycare worker this morning about how exhausted I am and how hard it's getting to work full-time and take care of my kids. I'm really tempted to take him up on the offer, but I think I'm going to stick it out at least for the rest of this week. I have Wednesday off, and then half-day off on Thursday because of my last appointment with the perinatologist, so it's a short week anyway. My official last day of work is the 20th, and I *think* I can make it if the babe stays put until then. Of course, tomorrow I might think differently! My comfort level is so different from day to day now.

I just walked 1/2 mile on my lunch break! I was going to do a mile, but my ankles were hurting SO bad. I'm hoping to do the other 1/2 mile this afternoon when I get off work. The church that I work for has an indoor track across the street from our office that I can use for free, so there is really NO excuse for me not to walk every day.
#12 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 03:28 PM

I am so happy that I have summer off from work now. I know there are def. things that could have been tied up tighter before I left but I am just. letting. go. Everyone will be fine without me for a month or two. They can call me if they need me to impart my mad child-development wisdom. I set most of the rest of the summer up with activities centering around CLAY. I mean, that is really hard to mess up. And August I just straight up declared "Movie Daze" and whatever kids come for programming are going to get to watch movies. I mean, c'mon...my volunteers will have to press play and that's IT.

I am looking at week 37 now and this is a whole new world for me compared to my ds pregnancy that only went to 35 weeks. It's a whole different ballgame, dealing with these last two weeks of swelling and aches!
#13 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 03:59 PM

I'm still here. Kind of pissy, but then again, that seems to be the theme for this pregnancy. Mt has a dr. apt this afternoon (followup for the asthma issues) and WOW are his molars and his apparent need to start potty training himself (niiiiiice timing) are really making the days long and whiny. Timothy is officially bored with summer vacation and he's beginning to get on my very last nerve. He's supposed to be playing with a friend for the next hour or so, but they are completely incapable of A. staying outside and B. entertaining themselves. I tell you I could just drop him off somewhere......if I have to hear that door slam one.more.time...................................Li ndsay, let's trade oldest kids for a few days. Mine is about to really get himself into trouble.

Since my family is all leaving for Colorado on the 16th, EVERYONE is asking me if I'm going to have the baby before they leave. Yep yep, doing my gosh darned best to shake him loose.......but seriously, he's comfy and I feel nowhere near physically like he's coming this week.
#14 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:02 PM

Well I'm still pregnant, but it could be any minute that this little one makes her appearance.

I'm definitely nesting. Even though it hurts to walk I've been going crazy cleaning. I just started my 5th load of laundry since I've been awake. My poor DH is probably ready to kill me since I keep making him do things, such as heavy lifting.

It feels so great right now though, to sit in her nursery and fold the little socks and stack the diapers that I know she'll be in in a matter of days or even hours.
#15 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:04 PM

Jo I just cannot believe you're still around without a baby in arms yet! All that craziness to get your dh home last week and you're still putzing around waiting. I hope it's soon for you!
#16 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:07 PM

Me too Bethany, me too. You'd think at 6cm's that this baby would be ready to come out, but apparently only my body is. She seems quite content to stay in there forever.
#17 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
:

need i say more? :
#18 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:31 PM

[QUOTE=bdavis337;Lindsay, let's trade oldest kids for a few days. Mine is about to really get himself into trouble.[/QUOTE]

Please, let's. I can have him on the next Greyhound, delivered right to your door.
#19 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 04:41 PM

Deal. His friend just left, refusing to play with him anymore. Tim rode his bike to his place, asked "can Damien come back" and was told "nope, Damien doesn't want to play with you anymore today". Apparently, Timothy was so bossy, so rude and so unpleasant that his friend has had enough of him for the day. Lovely. My sweet, blue eyed baby boy has become "that kid".
#20 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 05:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownEyed View Post
Me too Bethany, me too. You'd think at 6cm's that this baby would be ready to come out, but apparently only my body is. She seems quite content to stay in there forever.
YOU'RE 6 CM?!!! : Are you having cnx? Wow... when you go, she's just going to slip right out! (Hopefully!: )

Bethany~ That sucks!

Jo~ I was folding tiny baby socks this morning also!

Keri ~ Wife to dh Mommy to dd 11 whistling.gif ds 9 bouncy.gif  dd 6 1/2 kid.gif 
#21 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 05:21 PM

Anyone else just feel annoyed?

I am so freaking annoyed right now at everything and for no reason at all. I just had my 37 week prenatal and everything was great, it was nice to talk with my mw, etc, but now I'm just sitting here stewing for no good reason. I did just read a birth story on a mainstream forum which got me kind of upset (FTM, had too much fluid so they induced her by BREAKING HER WATER which seems like a terrible idea and a good way to have cord prolapse, of course her baby ended up posterior because of not being able to turn after have AROM, then she got her epidural which caused her to pass out and her baby's heart to stop 3 times but it was great none the less and the best thing she ever did, then doc came in and told her she was never going to get the baby out because of the bad position so they did a c-section...ugh, talk about cascade of interventions.)

Ds wants to go outside and blow bubbles which would be fine if it weren't 109 right now. I'm tempted to pack him up and take him to the pool but I have to be at work in just a few hours so I'm not sure we really have time...

Rachel, mom to Jake (5/04) and Alexia (7/07) a surprise UC thanks to hypnobabies!
#22 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM

Yeah, I've felt irritable all day long and for no reason at all.
#23 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 06:04 PM

((((((hugs)))))) to all of you guys.

My boobs are KILLING me, I've got engorgement like no end, sleep deprived, having my "baby blues" , the carpul tunnel is still there and I am having a hard time doing anything without my hands going numb, and in that "none of my maternity clothes fit and none of my other clothes fit" phase. All I want to do is cry.

It will pass and it's all worth it as I look at my 4 day old who is sleeping so contently ... and apparently working on a lovely poop. LOL Thankfully hubby is home and has been changing diapers and getting stuff done. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my hubby, he's great!!!!

Hope you all have a better day soon.

Blessings,

Denise
#24 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 07:04 PM

Denise- I could have written a bit of what you said. I am sleep deprived to no end. I finally got the chance to go to sleep (baby kept making noises that woke me or kept me awake), and, as I got up after some kind of nap, I discovered that my toddler never really went to sleep...I think. AUGH! At least he was playing in the playroom quietly. Hubby is off work for the rest of the week after tomorrow. I can't say how much I need him back here!

I find that I keep raising my voice with ds today because he keeps doing things he shouldn't. Today alone, he messed with the daiper pail (refused to wash hands), locked the baby in my bedroom (at least she was safe from him there), slammed every door in the house, and played with the water in the toilet by dipping tp in there (once again refusing to wash his hands). I can't keep doing this, and there is not enough chocolate in my house to self medicate!

I told dh today that I don't think I am cut out to take care of two. I take care of one, take care of the next, take care of the first, and so on all day long, and I don't have the energy to do anything great. I know if I was getting any sleep this would be better, but I am not. At least, all of our food has been taken care of by the church! Our Sunday School class is incredible. They have brought dinner, sides/bread/dessert every other night since last week. Yum! There have been enough leftovers for the next night so I have done NO cooking.

Time to feed the baby...again. At least, that is going a little better!
#25 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 07:56 PM

Rachel- How weird, I thought I responded to this thread earlier with a "Me too!" Now I don't see a post. Maybe it's like this AM when I shaved the same armpit about three times because I kept losing track of what the heck I was doing. Yup, cranky here. Always around the same time of day, too.

But...

I just made the best dinner ever! I made fresh homemade pasta (Williams Sonoma recipe from their Pasta, Noodles and Dumplings cookbook), homemade sauce (tomato sauce with red pepper flakes and garlic- yeah!) with venison meatballs. I even had about 1/4 glass of a local wine! Heaven. Tonight after a walk, I'm macerating some sweet cherries in honey, and we'll have that on ice cream. I think the pepper flakes got the baby kicking, and the wine got the baby hiccupping. I'm seriously cross-eyed; that was some good food! What a mood boost!

Clara

Mama to a beautiful little girl, born July 18, 2007
Eager for a VBAC some time around April 10, 2010!
#26 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 08:10 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Denise and Mel I feel for you ladies. It can be challenging right after you have a baby! Hang in there.

Well, I had a massage this morning which was heavenly. She worked on some pressure points on my feet/ankles that I was hoping would put me into labor, but nothing so far. Hmmmm...hopefully soon. We'll see. But the massage was definately worth it. Anyway, I have a full day planned tomorrow. Taking the kids swimming, ball games, etc...Maybe that means I'll be in labor

Good luck to the rest of you mama's! Take care!!

Life is to be enjoyed...not just endured!
#27 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 08:34 PM

I'm back from the doc, only gained a pound (yeah I'm a bit weight obsessed this time) bp and urine look great, nmw thinks I'll actually go on time this time but doc said I've got some time (well 3 weeks is of course nothing BUT time!). They always seem to say differing things which is sometimes amusing. NMW asked if I knew I was having a boy............................ uh, no. She said by the way I was carrying it sure looked like a boy. That made me want to start bawling. All I have are pink girly clothes for this baby, if she comes out a he I'm at a loss. I don't know what I'd do.

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

#28 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 08:41 PM

Nic, I swear this is why I love my latest ob - she doesn't have much to say, she's curt, to the point and very basic. She doesn't offer extras, and makes really intense direct eye contact. It sounds AWFUL, but it's perfect. Because when I DO need info, she spills it. I have an apt on Thursday, I hope we're not starting VE's......

Clara, COME COOK FOR ME!!!
#29 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM

Oh Nic, you *know* that NMW is SILLY. I've carried all my babies exactly the same (basketball, can't tell I'm pg from the back, etc.) and everyone always says that's totally a sign of a boy, and yet... I have THREE GIRLS (and a boy on the way). I really can't believe she said something that dumb!
#30 of 149 Old 07-02-2007, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
I have an apt on Thursday, I hope we're not starting VE's......
Unless something of concern comes up in the meantime, I have no reason to drop my drawers at my OB appt tomorrow and therefore do not intend to. I'd advise the same plan for you: Keep your panties on, Bethany!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page