Weekly thread~ July 15th - Page 4 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
#91 of 100 Old 07-21-2007, 06:24 PM
 
bdavis337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sleep Deprivation, USA
Posts: 6,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who needs older siblings, I can't remember.....

Timothy had a hissy fit that the water in the sprinkler was too cold.....after begging for an hour to play in it, I decided it was easier to just surrender to it, and he then refused to play. I have to hook it up to the kitchen sink, run the hose back out the patio and out into our shared back area, so it's not like I can do it in 30 seconds or less. And I'm not paying to heat his sprinkler water! He stubbed his toe on the patio, and the 2 drops of blood sent him over the edge. I played it down, he chilled out and he then proudly showed Mark who then SCREAMED for 20 minutes about being hurt (ears, hands, nose, feet, all of his body parts were in apparent pain) until I realized he just wanted his own bandaid on the corresponding toe.
bdavis337 is offline  
#92 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 12:36 AM
 
supermuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
I've had no real 'activity' at all today and as much as baby wasn't moving yesterday she's very active today. I really just want to give birth already... although I'm not willing to use castor oil to jumpstart ANYTHING and I'm only now considering EPO, that seems to me like something that needs a few days to work and wouldn't be an instant thing.
Ugh, I have been taking EPO for two weeks now......and drinking TONS of RRL tea....(32-64 oz a day )...and walking every single day, like 1.5-2 miles (i have been doing that the whole time though)...and I am still shocked that I have not had this babe since my other two were..well--one was already out and the other would be out day after tomorrow..but i feel not much of anything.

I hope something happens soon Nic!

I do have a TON of EPO, if I lived closer, I'd give you some of mine too .

--and I did hear of one person the castor oil actually worked for...but I have heard of more people that it didn't work for..ah well...but even that one person made me feel better..in case I get to that point of desperation (I still have a bit before I get there though!).
supermuma is offline  
#93 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 12:41 AM
 
~Demeter~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: northern Illinois
Posts: 5,065
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermuma View Post
Ugh, I have been taking EPO for two weeks now......and drinking TONS of RRL tea....(32-64 oz a day )...and walking every single day, like 1.5-2 miles (i have been doing that the whole time though)...and I am still shocked that I have not had this babe since my other two were..well--one was already out and the other would be out day after tomorrow..but i feel not much of anything.

I hope something happens soon Nic!

I do have a TON of EPO, if I lived closer, I'd give you some of mine too .

--and I did hear of one person the castor oil actually worked for...but I have heard of more people that it didn't work for..ah well...but even that one person made me feel better..in case I get to that point of desperation (I still have a bit before I get there though!).
My thoughts on this are:

Natural induction methods will only work when the baby and our bodies are ready... otherwise I think it's just straight up torture. I've heard too many horror stories about castor oil to want to even consider it. As for the EPO it seems like a "safe" method but my luck I'd have an allergy to it or something... so I'm hesitant.

I'd love to just go into labor... I've been off and on playing with my nips in order to trigger uterine activity. Nothing terribly regular just yet.

I hope something happens for you soon!!! This waiting is hell!

Nic, loving mama to 5 with a SURPRISE 6th on the way.

~Demeter~ is offline  
#94 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 12:53 AM
 
supermuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
My thoughts on this are:

Natural induction methods will only work when the baby and our bodies are ready... otherwise I think it's just straight up torture. I've heard too many horror stories about castor oil to want to even consider it. As for the EPO it seems like a "safe" method but my luck I'd have an allergy to it or something... so I'm hesitant.

I'd love to just go into labor... I've been off and on playing with my nips in order to trigger uterine activity. Nothing terribly regular just yet.

I hope something happens for you soon!!! This waiting is hell!
I agree with you completely..that those methods will only help when it is ready anyway ...yes...the majority of the stories I have heard about castor oil have been truly horrid..and I would have to be REALLY desperate to try it!

I used EPO with both of my other kids and had no ill effects what so ever! I think it is a very calm method of helping things along..the way it was always explained to me is that it would help your cervix dilate..once it was already dilating on its own anyway ...so go ahead and try it if you are comfy doing so, I think it will be fine .

My contractions/pressure/cramping seems to happen around now..until 5 am--but it has yet to be regular. : ..I have also tried the nipple stim. and getting babe out the way it got in..but I am really getting tired of that..and it is starting to feel not so good to have the nip stimulation...just feels weird now for some reason...and I can't stand it!

Waiting is hell. I will be thinking of you and sending labor vibes your way!
supermuma is offline  
#95 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 01:01 AM
 
newmommaamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 145
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
"the waiting is hell"

I agree, I am so pissy I can hardly interact with others. I haven't been able to post much because I am having a hard time coming up with nice things to say- and I don't want to just pass on grouchies all the time. Hopefully others of you are having more pleasant evenings. Maybe I will sleep tonight and tomorrow will be better.

Come out baby!!
newmommaamy is offline  
#96 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 01:03 AM
 
supermuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommaamy View Post
"the waiting is hell"

I agree, I am so pissy I can hardly interact with others. I haven't been able to post much because I am having a hard time coming up with nice things to say- and I don't want to just pass on grouchies all the time. Hopefully others of you are having more pleasant evenings. Maybe I will sleep tonight and tomorrow will be better.

Come out baby!!
Yes, pissy is exactly the word to describe me right now . And if one more person asks me if I have had the baby yet, I am going to hurt them : .

Sending labor vibes your way too!!
supermuma is offline  
#97 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 10:01 AM
 
bdavis337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sleep Deprivation, USA
Posts: 6,029
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
EPO - what strange stuff. Tricked me into thinking my water had broken last night. :

I woke up to pee, and of course I immediately noticed the wetness from the epo and I thought "ooooh, yeah!" but then realized it was cold and gross and nope, that's not my water then. It's been coming out all morning. I only used 2 caplets. Blech.
bdavis337 is offline  
#98 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 10:37 AM
 
phathui5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Oregon
Posts: 17,478
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The midwife's backup just left to get stuff from the midwife's house. I was 4cm when she left and I'm hoping this doesn't take all day. I'm having regular contractions that are uncomfortable, but not horrible. My friend is coming to pick up the kids, cause they've got to go. It would be different if ds2 (almost two) wasn't so needy, but I can't have him around and he may not be willing to leave without siblings.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
phathui5 is online now  
#99 of 100 Old 07-22-2007, 10:54 AM
 
supermuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathui5 View Post
The midwife's backup just left to get stuff from the midwife's house. I was 4cm when she left and I'm hoping this doesn't take all day. I'm having regular contractions that are uncomfortable, but not horrible. My friend is coming to pick up the kids, cause they've got to go. It would be different if ds2 (almost two) wasn't so needy, but I can't have him around and he may not be willing to leave without siblings.
Ooh how exciting!! Sending quick and beautiful labor vibes your way!!
supermuma is offline  
#100 of 100 Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
 
soybeansmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: modesto, CA
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavis337 View Post
EPO - what strange stuff. Tricked me into thinking my water had broken last night. :

I woke up to pee, and of course I immediately noticed the wetness from the epo and I thought "ooooh, yeah!" but then realized it was cold and gross and nope, that's not my water then. It's been coming out all morning. I only used 2 caplets. Blech.
hee hee...I did that just this morning. Wht does it feel so cold though? The gel caps coming out have faked me out a couple times too. Oh, gel caps, not mucous plug...I get so excited about anything coming out of my vagina these days.
soybeansmama is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Drag and Drop File Upload
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off