PP Pain and Bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 12:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 4 weeks post partum. I have some days that are more uncomfortable than others. I sometimes have what feels like muscle aches in my abdominal and pelvic area and they seem to occur in the evening. I wonder if its noticeable at that time of day when the older kids are in bed and I can finally sit for a moment.

This is baby #3. I also tend to lug around my 16 month old and my (almost) 4 year old. I dont remember feeling this way with the other two at 4 weeks PP. Is my body just tired and not completely healed yet?

I am also having very very light bleeding still. I dont remember this at 4 weeks either.

Anyone else feeling discomfort still?
#2 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 01:05 PM

Yeah, I am. I'm only 2 weeks PP though. My whole system seems out of whack and I still have light bleeding as well...
#3 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 01:26 PM

I was just commenting to DH and MIL that I'm recovering faster from this pg/birth than I did with any of the others. My first being a cesarean, of course you'd expect that. I also got a bout of mastitis early postpartum then. My second was a VBAC, but it was only 14 months later, plus I had an episiotomy to recover from. And my third was about 3 years after that - no tearing, homebirth, but OMG I had so many pelvic floor issues postpartum, including a little bladder prolapse, followed by a UTI and incontinence problems.

My theory is this time my body got a 7 year break, hence the easier rebound. Or I've just gotten lucky. <knock on wood> I've been aggressively treating my engorgement though - I think I've been flirting with plugged ducts/mastitis, but as of this morning the engorgement seems to have retreated considerably...
#4 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 01:59 PM

this is my 2nd baby but first section. he's a little over 4 weeks old. i felt great(almost no pain) about a week after the section, and then, suddenly last week, the pain is back! it's not as strong as it was post-surgery, but it's dull and definitely there, after being almost completely gone for a few weeks! picking up my 30+ lb toddler doesn't help i'm sure, and i have always had a tendency to not ask for help and push myself a little harder than maybe i should. so i'm sure the pain stems from that.

pp bleeding is getting SUPER annoying. i had about 10 days of moderate bleeding, but here, again 4 weeks later i'm still not completely done yet...every time i think i can go pad-less i'm mistaken. grr
#5 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 03:20 PM

3 weeks pp today, still having light bleeding (more than a panty liner can handle) and occasional cramps, etc. I just never get a chance to really sit down and rest, that's my theory.
#6 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 03:27 PM

I had some aches and pelvic pain (mild, though) until maybe 4 or 5 weeks PP this time. I'm 7 weeks pp today, and still occasionally have a bit of bleeding. It was consistent up until about 6 weeks. I only switched to a pantyliner at about 4 or 5 weeks, too. I guess I'm a heavy bleeder.

Stacy-- Wife to my DH, mom to three: noodle girl:, Lego boy , little guy :
#7 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 03:29 PM

I had never heard this before but supposedly most mums here seem to know that the more babies you have, the worse the post partum cramps as the uterus has to work harder to squeeze back to size. I think this is suppose to be Nature's way of saying you mustn't have too many kids But mine were worse in the evening and worse when I tried to go downstairs. You can take some arnica, gelesium and oh, something else homeopathically for the pains.
I have healed much faster this time and Bee, I agree that the long wait must really let your body heal. Someone told me that it returns to it's prepreggo state after 5 years.
Wheatie, I was wondering what pp bleeding was like when you've had a c-birth. The doctors have obviously taken the placenta out, is the bleeding the same? worse? better?
#8 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 04:25 PM

When I had my first c-section I was disappointed to find that I bled at ALL post-partum...I guess I'd thought that they'd have taken out the placenta and...I dunno...suctioned the rest out of the bleedy bits? But no, I still bled (and am still bleeding) I think about the same as a vaginal birther.
#9 of 13 Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM

My bleeding (post c-section) at three weeks is almost gone. Just some salmon colored mucusy stuff in the mornings now. My chiropractor has me off my feet to try to quiet the lower back pain from stressed discs, so this is probably helping keep the bleeding down for me. I do have muscle pain when I try to sit up or stand up, at the incision site. I'm hoping that in three more weeks all this will be behind me. Please.

chicken3.gif   We're remote ECing, unschooling, free ranging goat dairy farmers.  

#10 of 13 Old 08-14-2007, 08:42 AM

nak... hello all... feeling tired but pretty good physically. pilllowhead, i had a c-section (after 76 hrs labor) with ds1 and bled for 9 weeks! i, too, was quite surprised to bleed at all after a c, so knew what to expect this time! hopefully it will be much shorter! healing vibes to all you mamas!
#11 of 13 Old 08-14-2007, 10:29 AM

omg PP bleeding is getting annoying!!! just when i think its stopped and i'm safe to leave the house without a pad on i get a sudden gush of blood and find myself scrambling to the restroom so i dont get a stain in one of the 2 pairs of pants i own!

i still get bouts of heavy bleeding and its annoying b/c i'll start feeling more normal and then BAM i start bleeding heavy and just feel like i've been hit by a truck!
#12 of 13 Old 08-14-2007, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies. Although I see I am not alone. Sorry there are many of you in the same boat. Healing vibes for us all.
#13 of 13 Old 08-14-2007, 12:53 PM

Add me to the list too. I could have written Erika's post.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page