Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lucia Juliana
Birthday: 08-06-07 at 9:14 PM
8lbs, 1 oz
21 inches
Born to: Thalia
Due: July 24

I was induced at 41 weeks and 6 days with Pitocin on Monday, August 6, after trying sex, acupunture (three treatments), walking, raspberry leaf tea, two membrane sweeps, and evening primrose oil. Contractions started on Saturday, but were mild and prodomal. Went into the hospital on Monday morning and started the pitocin drip. Got to 4 cm by 6 pm, 8 cm by 8 pm, 10 cm with a lip at 9 PM, and pushed her out in 15 minutes with DH, a midwife, a doula, a doula-in training, a naprapath, a friend and the hospital nurse in attendance! Needed everyone one of those folks to get through those Pit contractions!

She aspirated some meconium and fluid during labor (no staining in the placenta, so not during pregnancy), so she had to spend a week in the special care nursery (a level II NICU) to receive oxygen and IV fluids with a course of antibiotics. She was taken off the oxygen in 48 hours, and the IV in 76 hours. Breastfeeding was a bit of a challenge, but with the help of some very supportive nurses and the hospital lactation consultant, we got both breastfeeding and pumping started (I needed to pump so she'd have something to eat when I went home each night).

Now we are at home, thank goodness! Not much sleep yet, but so much better than the hospital.

thalia loves Jesus and DH wordyeight and DD#1 : 8/2007 and DD#2 9/2010
and remembering: little turtle 5/23/2006 and poppyseed 7/15/2009
#2 of 5 Old 08-14-2007, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Congratulations. I'm so glad to hear they were so supportive of bfing in the NICU. Well done mama, I'm so glad you're home together!!!
Welcome Lucia!!!
#3 of 5 Old 08-14-2007, 12:55 PM

Congrats mama! Welcome Lucia :
#4 of 5 Old 08-14-2007, 02:08 PM

Congratulations! I love her name

Mama to James 4-05 and Leland 7-07, and feeling so privileged to be growing kiddo #3 due in September!
#5 of 5 Old 08-14-2007, 03:02 PM

Congratulations, mama! And welcome to another one of Jake's birthday twins.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page