Who's been blessed with a surprise? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 12-03-2006, 06:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...not exactly a planned baby, but we're so thrilled with the idea now!

Anyone else in the same boat?

Do you know how it happened? (We're a little confused, no known problems using FAM and condoms on fertile days).

How's your family going to take it? (I'm very nervous about telling my mom and sister, as they are probably going to be upset with me for not being "settled" enough in my life. But whatcha gonna do, it's not like we were trying!!

And...do you feel so blessed to have a baby pick you out above all odds?
#2 of 18 Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 PM

Well, I really can't say it was an accident because we weren't using BC. However, before my period was due to start we decided to start using protection again because of our current circumstances and the fact that we just didn't think dd was ready to share us yet. I really did not think I was pregnant. So, then my period was late and I got a positive pg test. It was very surprising to us because it was the one month that we decided we did NOT want to be pregnant. Go figure. We're really excited now, though.

Oh, and we told our families right away. They were all really excited.
#3 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 01:11 AM

Arg-hubby was supposed to start grad school...and hopefully he still can, but this definitely throws a major loop in our plans. The biggie being we will need a bigger car. What are the other options for three carseats? A minivan seems to be the only one!!

Plans, schmans, though....I''m sure everything will work out fine and so we're happy!
#4 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 10:31 AM

This baby is a HUGE surprise. And we also have no idea how it happened- we use FAM, and I have yet to have an ovulatory cycle since my last birth, not to mention the spotting I've been expierencing. We're slowly coming around to the idea, and I'm sure by August we'll be thrilled.
#5 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 11:19 AM

I know with this pregnancy, we had been careless and i said to myself over and over, if this is *supposed* to happen. let it happen this month and if i get my period i am going straight to the midwives office to get on some long term B.C. and what do you know...im preg, so accident im not sure. possible act of fate, my other 2 surely were suprises. suprises are fun, arent they!
#6 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 06:55 PM

Oh yeah, total surprise here. Seriously, I don't know how it happened...we conceived really late in my cycle. I am over the initial panicky feelings and am really excited to meet this little babe.

DH & Me + DS(7)  DD(6)  DD(4)  DS(3)  DD(1)  

Baby #6: 20****25****30****35**heartbeat.gif** - EDD December 17, 2010
#7 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 09:05 PM

We were being a little careless with FAM, like not charting, not temping just checking cm and letting whatever happened happened. I wanted to have another baby but my dh was so stressed out about money that he was scared to have another ,yet. I am surprised ,okay ,in shock actually ,that I am pregnant. I want to be happy and excited but I am not. My 5 year old dd is thrilled however. She has kissed my belly about 30 times since we told her. My two year old ds has pretended his toy dinasaur(sp?) has eaten my baby. I will eventually get over this and be happy about it.
#8 of 18 Old 12-04-2006, 09:16 PM
Banned

Oh, we're surprised all right....

Just the way we were surprised in March of 2004, and then again in July of 2005...now we're surprised again in December of 2006.

I'd say we're just one very surprised family :
#9 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 AM

I am one of the 100 women who get pregnant with an IUD I POAS today and the test turned + before i stood up from peeing!It's in God's hands now.
#10 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarablesue View Post
I am one of the 100 women who get pregnant with an IUD I POAS today and the test turned + before i stood up from peeing!It's in God's hands now.
So are you keeping the IUD in or will you have it taken out?

I went through this kind of back and forth thinking when I had my IUD and questioned what I would do if I got pregnant w/IUD.
#11 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 02:24 AM

Oh, yeah, I was surprised about this one!

We were thinking about trying in Dec. or Jan. but I wanted to avoid pregnancy until then. I hadn't been taking my temp, but rather paying attention to my CM. What happened this time is I ovulated extremely early. We had sex the first day after the end of my period and then the rest of the time we used condoms. Well, time went and I didn't see any changed in my CM. I was thinking I probably wasn't going to ovulate this month being as last month I did not ovulate. And then, in the back of my head, I was wondering why my breasts were hurting so much when I hadn't even ovulated!

Just at the beginning of Nov. I posted in fertility if people had experiences in choosing the sex of their baby (naturally) and what worked for them. Little did I know I had cells multiplying at the time!

I feel humbled by the Universe because even though I didn't want pregnancy at this time, the bigger picture is more than just my own thoughts and desires. I do feel blessed and feel that it was supposed to happen this way. Why else would I ovulate so early? (no one has to answer that, I'm just posting the question in a form of reasoning ).

We told family on Family Day (thanksgiving for some of you) and everyone was very happy because they didn't know if we would ever have another one!
#12 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 05:54 AM

I don't know if I'm pregnant, so I can't yet answer the question. But if I am, it will be a surprise!

My cycles have been 45 days long due to nursing. We had sex just once after I thought my CM had gone down (but I don't get a lot anyway). Now I'm on cycle day 50 or so, with no sign of AF. I was very hungry for a few days and also lightheaded, but that has gone away. So now I'm really not sure. My DD has been nursing like a fiend for the last month or so because she has molars coming in, so it could just be that AF has gone into hiding. I don't know. I really need to just buy a test.

Oh, and DD has undergone a significant personality change in the last 5 days. She won't go to bed. Stayed up until 1:30 last night and still fought it significantly when I finally went to bed myself, pretending that she could just stay up with daddy. I'm wondering if she knows that I'm pregnant?

We were planning to start TTCing in one of the next couple of cycles anyway.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

#13 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada Mae View Post
So are you keeping the IUD in or will you have it taken out?

I went through this kind of back and forth thinking when I had my IUD and questioned what I would do if I got pregnant w/IUD.
I will be having it removed, unless my doctor suggests otherwise. So keep me in your thoughts:
#14 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 01:04 PM

Well, it sure will be a surprise to DH. I just got a BFP this a.m. We had a confusion about my cycle (read: men really don't understand the way a woman's cycle works). I told him I hadn't ovulated yet (on CD17, I usually O on CD14), and we dtd CD17 and 19. FF says I O'd on CD18, and OS says I O'd on CD21. A few days ago, DH asks where I am in my cycle, if it's safe. My jaw about hit the floor. I reminded him about the doing of the deed after I told him I had not ovulated yet, and he said he thought that it meant it was safe.

So, he wasn't actually trying, he thought he was avoiding. Now I have to tell that he hit the mark.

Surprise!
#15 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 01:09 PM

yes.. this is a surprise (not 200% sure yet, but im pretty sure)
i wanted another but dp, not so much.. but hes smiling about it, so im taking it as a good sign and i said if he doesnt want anymore he better get snipped
#16 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarablesue View Post
I will be having it removed, unless my doctor suggests otherwise. So keep me in your thoughts:
Warm wishes, will be thinking of you!
#17 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 03:09 PM

Not trying, not not trying.. that was our line to our families. They're a little less surprised than we are! The past couple of months we've not been using any BC at all and no results so we thought this might take longer than we thought it would. Took an early test before thanksgiving and it came back negative, saturday after took another and.... surprise! We're happy. Yeah, I had to nudge dh after five minutes of weird, smiling silence to say something!
#18 of 18 Old 12-05-2006, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada Mae View Post
Warm wishes, will be thinking of you!
thanks,mama ,I appriciate it:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page