How many sticks have you peed on this cycle? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
4 for me. One at 9 or 10 dpo, and it was a BFN. One this morning at 12 or 13 dpo that was questionable. I thought it was maybe an evap. So I took another one a few hours later and it was a faint positive, but I didn't believe it. So I went to the store and bought more tests. So this afternoon I got another faint positive, so I'm thinking I can't have a bunch of evap lines pop up on different tests. So now I know I'm pregnant! I have one more test to pee on tomorrow morning.

My first pregnancy, I only used one test, because I already knew I was pregnant before I peed on anything. It was unplanned, but I was two weeks late when I tested. The two lines turned very dark right away. It was a happy surprise.

This pregnancy was planned, so I've been agonizing over the 2ww.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#2 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 07:21 PM

Seven so far for me. A negative at dpo8, a negative at dpo 10. On dpo 12, the first positive one was a cheapie brand so I didn't believe it, the second was a digital, was thrilled to see the word pregnant but then I found out that there had been complaints of false positive for that brand, so I went out and grabbed another three pack of tests. Took one the same day, light (but not faint) positive. Next day was slightly darker, and then three days later, a nice dark line. Seems a bit much I'm sure, but after watching the lines get lighter and go away in September it was very important for me to see them get darker this time.
#3 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 07:35 PM
Banned

I test once two weeks ago because I felt *odd*. negative. Then again on the day my period was due. Still nothing.

3 days later I got a a faint positive and did this

That night my husband bought one of the digital tests and it said 'pregnant'. :

We are both quite.....
#4 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 08:57 PM

three for me. Two from the dollar store. One from the grocery store because the dollar store ones were faint. I lost count of how many I took last time I was pregnant. I just couldn't believe it.

Oops... I forgot to count the ones I took that were negative. I took 3 before I got my pos.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#5 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 09:15 PM

Ummm.....

Let me first say I made the mistake of ordering 100 IC's from saveontests.com and because I also follow lunar fertility, so I was thinking I might have O'd about a week earlier ( Nov 1 - 3 according to my lunar O date).

Anyhoooo.... I have POAS probably about *cough* 80-90 times at least *cough* this cycle. :

I am a huge POAS addict to begin with, but this time I just knew I was pg, so when the IC's weren't giving me a positive then I had to go to the store and get another 8 hpts of various different brands, just in case the IC's weren't working right?

Now looking back, I didn't conceive on my lunar date, I actually O'd about Nov 6 according to FF, so my IC's were great and were actually giving me faint BFP at about 10 or 11 DPO, which I thought were evaps. 12 DPO I got a definite BFP, still light, but certainly not an evap. And then I just couldn't stop, I had to see if the line was going to get darker (I have a history of early early m/c's to add to my defence here ) and even though I had a great beta result at 17 DPO I still POAS yesterday.

I'm boxing up the rest of my IC's, well the few that are left anyways, and mailing them to my friend who just started her TWW. Otherwise I'd still keep using them...

I love seeing the BFP's, it gets me all giddy again even though I know for a fact I am pg.
#6 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 10:04 PM

I only took one, when my period was 2 days late.
#7 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_b
I only took one, when my period was 2 days late.

mama_b you are my hero! :
#8 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaKoz View Post

mama_b you are my hero! :
I really didn't suspect I was pregnant or I would have taken more than one.
#9 of 13 Old 12-03-2006, 10:46 PM

I read all these women, here and on other boards, who have only tested a few times and then I feel like such a freak with all the tests I used up. 80 - 90 tests is a little obsessive to say the least.

Oh well, this is my last pg and hubby is getting fixed next year, so each time I POAS I get giddy at the sight of the BFP but then I get all sad at the same time at the prospect that *that* test was possibly my last ever BFP.

I know. I need help.
#10 of 13 Old 12-04-2006, 02:27 AM

Six here. I *knew* I was pregnant and I couldn't help but keep testing every day until I got a

It was an expensive week.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

#11 of 13 Old 12-04-2006, 08:30 AM

Only one here as well! I think the fact that I *wasn't* TTC, and therefore wasn't anticipating it or agonizing about it, made it much easier. I took the dollar store test when I was 14dpo and my period was three days late, I already pretty much new, chart was triphasic, nipples were sore, etc.

First preg I took two, second I took maybe 4? I had cheap ones then, and first was at 10dpo (super faint, but a line), so I watched them darken.
#12 of 13 Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 AM

3 for me. Each was a VERY dark BFP, but I just couldn't believe it. Still don't, really, and I'm half tempted to POAS again because I keep thinking those tests were faulty.
#13 of 13 Old 12-04-2006, 11:14 AM

I did one to prove my neurotic cousin wrong . she was insistant that if your preg a test will prove positive, and that being a little big pregnant has no effect whatso ever .. i tried to explain that whole hgc thing...i took it about a week past ovulation.. a big negitive then 5 days before my period was due (4 days ago) I got a faint line. then the next day another. then last night a diffrent kind of test and it said positive too soooo im thinking im pregnant LOL. making a midwive appt today!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page