No morning sickness by 9 weeks? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 01:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With ds, the morning sickness (general queasiness, thankfully no puking) began at 8 weeks and ended at week 13. It's week 9 and no sign of it yet! Does this mean I've dodged the bullet? Did any of you have morning sickness that began after week 8?
#2 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 02:13 AM

Professionally speaking, m/s usually starts by 6-8 weeks. Maybe this time around you're going really well on your nutrition and protein intake, which can really help!

Living simply with the loves of my life! :::
#3 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 02:29 AM

Last time I got my sickest at about 9 weeks until 11 weeks, but I think it had to do with the supplemental progesterone/estrogen I was taking and when I weaned off I was fine.

But...otherwise It's totally possible to 'dodge' the bullet Some people and some pregnancies just don't get ms. I didn't at all that I can remember with DS #2. Which of course led me to believe right up until delivery that it HAD to be a girl as the pregnancy was so different......

Then....when I was pregnant with my surro-daughter, I again thought...ooh this pregnancy is SO like the last one....it HAS to be a boy again....Boy was I shocked!

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#4 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 02:37 AM - Thread Starter

Wow, Kristen, I didn't know we could prevent m/s by eating protein. It would make sense since this time around I've been craving sardines and salmon while last time I favored carbs. I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm still nursing ds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed . . .

So, CrunchyClark, I guess I shouldn't read any gender clues into this.
#5 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 04:36 AM

I didn't have any nausea or morning sickness with my DD#1 and I didn't really have any either with DS#2 (more just nausea and an aversion to eating the 1st tri.).

With DD#1 I literally only got that pukey feeling thew up once and that was my own fault when my good friend who is an exec chef made the most amazing veggie lasagne and I hate almost 1/2 of it, it was so good!

This time however, I got nailed, what I didn't get in my first two pregnancies is coming back to haunt me it seems this time.

But some people are just really lucky, but if you really want some I can try and send you some of mine....

:
#6 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 05:15 AM

I have never had morning sickness in any of my pregnancies. I will feel a little nauseous once or twice in the very beginning, but nothing close to feeling actually sick. It seemed to happen when I got pretty hungry, I noticed.
I DO eat a lot of protein, and I follow my cravings in the beginning (like I have a choice!) no matter what they are, within reason of course.

Maybe I have a no m/s constitution or something, I do not know, but I'm not looking it in the mouth.
#7 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameeyah View Post
Well.....Shooor you can.....just don't buy pink unless your hubby won't mind a second little boy in pink dresses

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#8 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 08:34 AM

I am almost 9 weeks and have had very little M/S this time (compared to a LOT of sickness with preg #1). with #1 I got sick around 6.5 weeks until around 9.5/10 weeks when it started easing. I am also hoping to have dogded the bullet... :-D I know it is most common to start between 6-8 weeks, so I have my fingers crossed too. My stomach has been really off, but it's nothing like the sickness with #1. I'll put the stomach upset to a form of M/S, but again, I am hoping nothing more severe will happen now.
I am especially hoping since I have to fly back from the UK by myself with DD next Sunday! (she is almost 2) - it is an 8 hour flight :S
FINGERS CROSSED FOR BOTH OF US!!!
#9 of 12 Old 01-07-2007, 10:57 AM

Everyone of my pregnancies was different. My morning sickness was the worst when I was pregnant with my twins. It has it's moments with this one.
#10 of 12 Old 01-08-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Wow, Kristen, I didn't know we could prevent m/s by eating protein. It would make sense since this time around I've been craving sardines and salmon while last time I favored carbs. I'm also wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that I'm still nursing ds. I'm keeping my fingers crossed . . .

I wish that nursing through pregnancy made it so we wouldn't have m/s LOL I am nursing two kids! I bet it's the extra protein.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#11 of 12 Old 01-08-2007, 02:13 PM

i'm jelous of all you morning sickness free people!
#12 of 12 Old 01-08-2007, 03:08 PM

Quote:
With ds, the morning sickness (general queasiness, thankfully no puking) began at 8 weeks and ended at week 13. It's week 9 and no sign of it yet! Does this mean I've dodged the bullet? Did any of you have morning sickness that began after week 8?

LUCKY.

A, wife to R and mom to 3 boys: D~ 10/05, J~ 8/07, and B~ 12/09 jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page