I'm so tired of eating... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-08-2007, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh. nothing appeals to me and i just can't muster up the energy to be productive...sorry for the complaining.

am i the only one who's JUST BORED with food and eating?! it takes up sooo much of my energy these days, with everything smelling bad and having to suppress the mental gag reflex every time i think about eating. but then if i don't eat i really feel like i'm going to vomit. my "comfort zone" is limited to cookies & bread type stuff, and dairy, fruit, carrots, almond butter, some meat, salad every so often.

so my actual QUESTION is this: when the nausea passes, will i still have pyschological aversions to foods i couldn't eat? or will i forget all that and move on immediately? i would love to hear how everyone else has done with this.

TIA

Busy mama of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2007, 06:45 PM

The food aversions have been worse than the nausea in both pregnancies, but they were gone by about week 14 the first time around, and I didn't retain any negative associations with foods.
Old 01-08-2007, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I needed to hear that!

Busy mama of
Old 01-08-2007, 11:50 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
yes, the food aversions and nausea do go away. although I think it is different for everyone. Man, I can't wait for it to go away though, this sucks!! I hate having to eat all the time when the last thing I want to do is think about food.

Ahh, the joys of pregnancy.

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
Old 01-09-2007, 01:07 AM

P.S. Sounds like your diet is still relatively healthy though, so good for you! Sometimes at this stage I can't eat anything but McDonald's ... or more often, takeout Chinese. I will eat healthier when it doesn't make me throw up! Right now, I am just focusing on getting in protein and calories.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:54 AM

My morning sickness in the past has usually been all gone by 12-15 weeks or so, and the aversions were gone too--I remember it was really FUN eating things again that I used to like but couldn't stomach earlier in the pregnancy!

Although, for some reason, after my second was born 12 years ago now (!) I STILL can't stand mushrooms and asparagus together (though seperate is fine) or the smell of almond soap!
Old 01-09-2007, 02:26 AM

my mws claim that a lot of women eat nothing but white carbs for the first tri and make it up nutritionally later, so let's not worry, let's eat whatever we can. i felt grossed out by food and that made the m/s work, now i force myself to eat anything, even if it is not good for me (many regressions to childhood -- i had mac and cheese tonight ), and my m/s is much better... i do think m/s is a low blood sugar thing in part, at least for me.

User Tag List