anyone gaining weight yet? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-10-2007, 05:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hard for me to tell what's going on with the weight. i have a 6mo and gained 50lbs during that pregnancy. at my visit monday i was 116lbs, which is about 6lbs over my normal weight, but for all i know i hadn't lost those last few pounds before i got preggo.

i would love it if i didn't gain 50lbs this time.
#2 of 9 Old 01-11-2007, 06:38 PM

I'm sure I'm gaining weight, but I think I gained quite a bit over Xmas, too, so I don't know what's baby related and what's cookie related.
#3 of 9 Old 01-11-2007, 09:33 PM

I feel like I'm gaining already, but I don't have a scale in my house so I don't know. I gained 67 pounds with 1st baby. I started out a little underweight and gained normally for the most part. The last couple of months I had higher blood pressure and swelled up with a lot of water. I lost most of the weight almost immediately after birth - 30 pounds in ten days. And all but five pounds were left by 6 months PP. And the last five were gone by 9 months PP, all without ever doing any special exercize or dieting.

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#4 of 9 Old 01-12-2007, 12:10 AM

I'm about 9 weeks or so and haven't gained anything. In fact I've lost about 7 pounds, which I only knew because I was working so hard the first couple weeks and didn't realize I was pregnant and I felt like I had lost weight, so I steped on the scale. But it's okay for me to not have gained anything so far. I gained 65 pounds with my first, lost a little over 50 of it in 8 months then slowly put back on 20 more pounds over the next two years. So starting out at 20-25 lbs overweight, I think I'm okay not to have gained yet. I'm hoping to keep the weight gain around 30 lbs with this pregnancy, not 65.
#5 of 9 Old 01-13-2007, 05:40 PM

I am 11 weeks and I have gained 2-3 pounds. I am also much "poochier" and sticking out much faster than I was with my last.
#6 of 9 Old 01-13-2007, 08:58 PM

I have no idea if I'm gaining weight or not, I'd guess no, since I didn't manage to gain any weight with my first two pregnancies, I did manage to gain back most of my lost weight by the end of the pregnancies though.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#7 of 9 Old 01-14-2007, 11:03 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jada Mae View Post
I am 11 weeks and I have gained 2-3 pounds. I am also much "poochier" and sticking out much faster than I was with my last.
me too! im 11wks 1 day and already very "poochie"
#8 of 9 Old 01-14-2007, 01:19 PM

I never really got out of my fat jeans from my last pregnancy... but I don't think I've really changed much weight-wise. I usually start showing though about two or three minutes after the test is positive LOL

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
#9 of 9 Old 01-14-2007, 07:17 PM

I have no clue. We don't have a scale in the house although now I am curious. Although it wouldn't do me any good. I have no idea what my weight has been for the last 6 months or so. I'd guess yes, a few pounds. My pants already are starting to get tight and bug me.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page