Quick help! I'm spotting! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I don't feel any cramps, I've been moving over the last few days and have been very active. I went to the bathroom and there was some thick CM with a ting tinge of brown in it. What could this be???
#2 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 03:35 PM

I say it's from your moving. With my first I did the same thing and we were told it was likely from dtd and bumping the cervix (the dr. really wanted it to be that ) or from the moving we had just done. I hadn't done a lot but it was enough to get some spotting.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#3 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 04:04 PM

i have been having brownish discharge here and there for the past few weeks. the only reason im not all freaked out is cause i freaked out when it happened in my last pregnancy and took a trip to the ER for nothing. i think it's normal. i don't have it every day, but fairly often. last time at the ER they gave me an ultrasound and everything was fine, and then told me don't come back unless im bleeding red with cramping. so no worries!
#4 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 04:19 PM

I've had some brownish spotting the last couple of days. I had an ultrasound and everything was fine. I was worried since this is how my m/c started out. But, I've read that lots and lots of women spot and it ends up being ok even if they never spotted in other pregnancies. I'd say it could definitely be from the activity.

Wendy - mom to dd1(11), dd2(7), dd3(3)
#5 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyland View Post
But, I've read that lots and lots of women spot and it ends up being ok even if they never spotted in other pregnancies.
this is so true... while i have been spotting in this pregnancy and my last one, i did not spot at all in my first one. and i have had no problems with any of them, other than GD in my last pregnancy, which im sure is unrelated to the spotting.
#6 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 09:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I went home from work and laid down for a while. Before I laid down, I wiped again and there was some pink discharge. This was this afternoon. Since then, I have had to pick up the kids from school and do alot fo running around even though I didn't want to. I went to the bathroom twice this evening after all that running around and there was just a tiny, tiny, bit of brown discharge. I feel a little sore, but not crampy. I am off tommorrow and going to just lay around all day.
How do you guys think everything sounds now?
#7 of 13 Old 01-11-2007, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysusie View Post
Well, I went home from work and laid down for a while. Before I laid down, I wiped again and there was some pink discharge. This was this afternoon. Since then, I have had to pick up the kids from school and do alot fo running around even though I didn't want to. I went to the bathroom twice this evening after all that running around and there was just a tiny, tiny, bit of brown discharge. I feel a little sore, but not crampy. I am off tommorrow and going to just lay around all day.
How do you guys think everything sounds now?
i think it's fine. i had quite a bit of brownish discharge last time around. i freaked out too, but it was fine.
#8 of 13 Old 01-12-2007, 01:45 AM

I think it still sounds ok.
I have had spotting ranging from brown to pink to burgandy, off and on this whole pregnancy so far. It always shows up when I have been really busy or lifting stuff. Sometimes it only lasts one wipe and sometimes it lasts for days. It has been a totaly new experience to have bleeding in a perfectly healthy pregnancy. I did not bleed in my boys pregnancys even after a papsmear. The mw at my obs office keeps reminding me that every pregnancy can be totaly different from the last and still be just fine.
I'm praying that your spotting stops so that you can have peace of mind.
Joy

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#9 of 13 Old 01-13-2007, 02:36 AM

I know how stressful this is! I have spotted a lot this first trimester--for about 8 days starting at implantation, then stopped for a week, then for about another two weeks continuously. Mostly just really light brown discharge, but pink a couple of times. It made me a nervous wreck, although I felt better once I had an ultrasound (at 7 weeks, 3 days) and saw the heartbeat. My doc said that about 30 percent of women who go on to have normal, healthy pregnancies spot--in of itself it doesn't mean anything. It seems to have stopped (and hopefully will stay away now) but I'm stilled nervous whenever I wipe. Everyone told me to relax, and that didn't seem possible--but maybe you're better at relaxing than I was! Anyway, it sounds like you are fine. Take care of yourself, try not to worry.

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#10 of 13 Old 01-13-2007, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry, I haven't responded sooner, I haven't been able to be online because of the move.
Well, yesterday, I wasn't able to really take it easy because of still trying to organize everything from the move. Even though I was busy all day I was still careful with myself and didn't lift anything heavy. I couldn't wait for hubby to come home from work and help me move some furniture around so I pushed what I could and then I used the dolly for some other stuff. I know that sounds horrible, but I was careful and only moved what I could.
I didn't have any spotting at all yesterday and everything seems to be back to normal. Hubby wanted to dtd last night, but I was too scared because of the spotting that I had the day before. Does anyone have any suggestions on how long I should wait before I dtd again?
I was just so worried about the spotting because I had a cervical pregnancy 3 years ago and that was how it started out, but everything seems fine now, so I'll just take it easy for now.
Thanks for all the encouraging words!
#11 of 13 Old 01-14-2007, 09:18 PM

Brown blood usually means old blood. You're about the same time I am, and I had some 'fluid' on my last US that was probably blood. My OB thought probably from implantation and not a SCH, but he said that I might spot. I haven't thank goodness, but it can be very common.

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#12 of 13 Old 01-16-2007, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Well, I had a small amount a brownish discharge on Saturday and none since then. I did some research on it, and I am pretty sure what I am having is a bad UTI. So, I am drinking alot of cranberry juice and hoping that will help.
#13 of 13 Old 01-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Happy to hear that your spotting seems to have stopped. I hope you are feeling altogether better soon.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page