Good News/Bad News - you decide which is which! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 01-12-2007, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was up this morning at about 4 am (ugh) and unable to go back to sleep. So I got up, cleaned the kitchen, and putzed around for awhile. I went to the bathroom and had some very light spotting, but I just freaked out. I swore to myself that I wouldn't freak out over spotting, but it happened. I had very light pinkish streaks for about an hour, with one tiny (smaller than the size of a pin head) dot of what might have been a clot, very red, anyway.

I think I'm extra sensitive because overall, I've been feeling really good... no MS, a few light episodes of nausea, but nothing major. All I could think this morning was that the lack of symptoms was just because it's not a viable pregnancy and I'm going to be leaving this board too....

Anyway, after lying in bed snuggling with DH and crying for awhile, I had to go throw up. I don't think I've ever been so glad to feel sick. Both DH and I looked at each other and said "well, that's a good sign..."

And then I got to work and threw up again, had to leave a patient to do so.... I'm wondering why I thought the no MS was a bad thing....

*sigh* I can't win, can I????

-Mindi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Sounds like good news. Vomitting and nausea are great signs of a healthy pregnancy. I had a spot too going into 6 weeks a red thin line of blood. Never saw it again. My first pregnancy every month I spotted for 2 to 3 days at first I had to wear a pad that is how much there was at about 4 mos preg it stopped. And I vommitted like crzy Am, PM all day! It was very nerving, but everything was fine. Good luck.
#3 of 5 Old 01-12-2007, 01:32 PM

Maybe the spotting is like implantation bleeding. The placenta is growing and burrowing in?

Tis the season, for hot apple cider!
#4 of 5 Old 01-12-2007, 02:05 PM

Sounds like good news to me too. It's hard to be thankful to feel disgusting, I know.

I've not had any nausea in 3 days and it's making me nervous... I'll be glad to see my midwife next wk, hopefully I can hear a heartbeat.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#5 of 5 Old 01-12-2007, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for your replies. Overall, I feel it's a really good thing that I'm starting to get sick... just makes me think of that old saying "you don't know what you got til it's gone" Ain't that the truth!

The spotting has stopped, I'll be keeping an eye on it, and I'll be getting an US next Wednesday which will ease a lot of fears, I'm sure!

Mindi

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page