Any other first-timers already showing? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 01-12-2007, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm about 10 weeks along with baby #1, and I can definitely tell a difference in the way my abdomen looks. I probably don't look pregnant to anyone else, but things are obviously changing.

Does anyone else feel this way?
#2 of 10 Old 01-12-2007, 09:48 PM

I'm 10 weeks and 4 days and I totally feel like I'm showing. I can't button my jeans anymore. Close friends can tell, and a few students in my yoga classes (all moms) have noticed but other people say they would never have known. Great, so they think I just ate too many pies over the holidays. LOL. I went out and bought some new (stretchy) pants today because I'm down to 2 pairs.

Leigh
#3 of 10 Old 01-12-2007, 10:12 PM

I am sure I would be if I wasn't so overweight. I can feel stuff going on in there though.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#4 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 10:29 AM

i felt i was showing at 9 weeks! i was having a hard time with my tighter jeans, and had to start wearing my DH pants so that they were looser at the waist!
i took all my measurements the day i took my positive pregnancy test, so i know that my waist (at my belly button) has gotten about 3 inches bigger, but it seems bigger than that!
#5 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 02:24 PM

I am in my 7th week and there is a HUGE difference. I am so bloated that I look it constantly. I am very tall and naturally slender so hiding this is becoming challenging b/c it's pretty obvious I am gaining weight in my stomach.

I went clothing shopping on Sat and literally felt like my stomach and some of my hips were made of jello. It's really surreal b/c this is my first and I thought you weren't supposed to get this big this fast.
#6 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengrey View Post
I am very tall and naturally slender so hiding this is becoming challenging b/c it's pretty obvious I am gaining weight in my stomach.
Yes! Well, except for the tall part. I've got a naturally narrow build, so all the bulge is going right to the front!
#7 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Me! Me!
I am almost 8 weeks today, but I swear I started noticing a difference at 5 weeks. I never realized how absolutely vain I was until I got pregnant!!!
Only one pair of "normal" jeans fit (and that is because they are one size bigger than my normal jeans. So really they are my "fat" jeans). So sad.
#8 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 07:53 PM

With my first, I didn't show until like 20 weeks, the 2nd it was like 14. Now with this third, I am at 9 1/2 weeks.
#9 of 10 Old 01-15-2007, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShabbyChic View Post
With my first, I didn't show until like 20 weeks, the 2nd it was like 14. Now with this third, I am at 9 1/2 weeks.
Seriously, ShabbyChic? Are you TRYING to give me an eating disorder?! Good lord. I would kill to not show until 20 weeks. Ack. I am so jealous.

Does anyone know why some women show sooner than others?
#10 of 10 Old 01-16-2007, 01:35 PM

I too would like to know this. That is, why do some women show sooner than others...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page