I just sent DH out in the freezing fog for... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-13-2007, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tomato soup (or sauce) with noodles in it. Or canned ravioli, whatever he can find, though in that case I'd prefer alphabet noodles. :

This is my first dead serious craving this pregnancy. I was reading in bed. It came from a magazine ad that showed nine different bowls of steamy soup. Dh lays down next to me, and I tell him. : He asks why this didn' t happen before he undressed. He mentions the possibility of icy roads. I tell him to be extra careful. We say lovey-kissy things, then he gets up and out the door. With the cell phone at my request, because no Chef Boyardee is *not* ok if there is Annie's to be had. He leaves, then comes back in. There is ice on the car windows, it is sub-freezing, and there is fog. Am I sure? Um, isn't the ice scraper in the back of the wagon? He laughs, says lovey-kissy things, and calls when he arrives at the store to find out if cream of tomato is acceptable. It is not. Where would that canned pasta be? In the box dinner aisle, on the black shelves, under the Annie's bunnies boxes. He says we need bread and cheese and more bananas, and he'll be home soon. Love you.

I dh.

Even more than I want tomato soup with noodles right now.
#2 of 8 Old 01-13-2007, 10:38 AM

What a guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're knight in shining armour!!

I remember with dd1 I had a serious craving for (ick, I can't believe I'm going to admit this) LaChoy chicken chow mein. I sent (foreign) dh to the store for it, and we walked the aisles "together" via cell phone, since I hadn't had it since I was like 5 or something and didn't remember where they kept it. Sure was good though!

-H
#3 of 8 Old 01-13-2007, 03:03 PM

aww what a good husband! my DH would have said no way and went to bed.....once he's undressed it's over with for him!

tomato soup with noodles does sound good....i may make some for lunch
#4 of 8 Old 01-13-2007, 03:35 PM

I sent DH out last night for Frosted Mini Wheats. That was my first "gotta have it now" craving.
#5 of 8 Old 01-13-2007, 05:10 PM

Awww how nice of him! I sent DH out to Subway last night. It was closed. I am so vulnerable to commericials that currently I want (no NEED ) pop tarts, Cookie Crisp cereal, and a McDonald's quarter pounder. I know it's all crap but oh.......DH just laughed at me when I asked if Conoco would have the poptarts.

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#6 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 09:27 PM

LOL....that is one nice hubby

Mine just got home at xmas from iraq and he looooves to cook, so he's been plying me with everything delicious from my LLL cookbook. We've had chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles, cornish pasties, cinnamon rolls with looots of raisins...yumm! It's a HUGE treat for me, because I'm allergic to wheat and so I can't have most all of the delicious high carb things I'm craving, so he's trying to make me some special ones with spelt

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

#7 of 8 Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM

Oooooohhhh cinnamon rolls...

Give more**Expect Less
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only bad clothing.
#8 of 8 Old 01-15-2007, 02:12 AM

Ahhh and he gave me a reason to stay up tonight.......bread pudding!!! It's cooling....or I'd be off eating it right NOOOW!!! I've been asleep with the kids by 8 pm most nights in the last week, and he was bribing me to stay up and spend some time with him....LOL......he knows where to 'hit' me

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page