6 months pregnant and already uncomfortable - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-06-2007, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else already feeling uncomfortable? I feel like a beached whale when I lie down and forget about getting up. That is already becoming harder to do. I have shortness of breath and my belly hits the sink when I am trying to wash dishes. The bathtub is becoming impossible to get out of and trying to pick up objects off of the floor is becoming harder.
What's everyone else having trouble wirh these days?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 PM

being pregnant in general. I hate being pregnant.

I feel sick, bloated, exhausted, short tempered, achy, and sick of being punched in the gut and kicked in the cervix.

I'm so greatful that I can have children, but I seriously loathe being pregnant and I can't wait until August so that I can be done once and for all.
Old 05-06-2007, 12:17 PM

Well, on the exciting side of things I found that I can now identify some parts of the baby (or at least tell what's baby and what's not) but on the down side of that, I also have feet in my ribs almost constantly. I also have a baby who is a gymnast and is continually trying to move, which I'm finding a little uncomfortable.

I also can't bend to get things off the floor, am having trouble with socks and tying my shoes (when will the warm weather come????) and get easily "puffed"! It's kinda funny.

Sarahknit.gifmarried to Kylehopmad.gif Mama to Orion  bouncy.gif08/07 and introducing Alice! babygirl.gif 02/11
DCP to 1 busy munchkin! and a CRST too!

Old 05-06-2007, 12:19 PM

I'm feeling uncomfortable, too. Ani always wants me to sit on the floor and get up and chase her and it is getting harder and harder to do so. Although she always brings me a pillow to sit on when we do puzzles.

The baby's movements kind of drive me crazy, too. I hate to say it, but it makes me feel kind of seasick.
Old 05-06-2007, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
oh whine, whine

I'm measuring 35 weeks and have a long way to go. I'll let you know what a real whale looks like!

Missionary, birth-worker, midwifery student
Mama to love.gif DD (9yr), DS luxlove.gif (3yr), & 2twins.gif UC twin DDs (5yr)

Old 05-06-2007, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRabbit View Post
oh whine, whine

I'm measuring 35 weeks and have a long way to go. I'll let you know what a real whale looks like!
Hey there! I've been there, done that, I know how that feels! I'm measuring alot bigger than what I am too, although not quite 10 weeks bigger. My uterus is so stretched out from having my twins that it will never be the same again.
I feel for you though, the last month was the worst with twins for me.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinklefae View Post
I also can't bend to get things off the floor, am having trouble with socks and tying my shoes (when will the warm weather come????) and get easily "puffed"! It's kinda funny.
I'm lucky in that way down here in the hot cliamte, I've been wearing my Birk flip-flops for over a month now. It's sooooo much easier than shoes and socks.

I'm having trouble sitting on the floor without plopping myself down. And getting up is more of a challenge because I can't use my abs. I am definitely bigger with this pregnancy, but I guess that's pretty normal.

Besides that, I feel good. I don't mind the baby's movements at all, it reassuring for me and gives me a chance to "play" with her and communicate. But then again, I love being pregnant. : If I hadn't started at 30, I'd have a bunch of kids!
Old 05-06-2007, 04:42 PM

I feel huge and bulky. My lower back aches and burns constantly. My pubic bone pain is getting worse. I still have to pee too much. I get full faster, but I'm eating more often throughout the day. I'm sick of eating. I've finally experienced heartburn and I don't like it.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
Old 05-06-2007, 09:47 PM

I have trouble getting up, and lots of trouble bending down. I am constantly telling people who are walking with me to go more slowly (doesn't work so well...)

On the up side, I am being more active (nothing strenuous, but not a couch potato any more) and I do have my appetite back.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 AM

I'm definitely uncomfortable already. I've begun making noises every time I get up. I told DH this evening that grunting actually seems to make it easier to stand up LOL

I have bad sciatic nerve pain, I can't bend over and am so glad that I can slip on shoes now.

We went for a walk this afternoon and I totally over estimated what I could do. I wasn't contracting but my belly felt SO hard and SO heavy and I was in alot of pain! I managed to get where we were going (nearly 2 miles) but DH had to turn around and go get the car so I could ride home.

On the plus side, I love being pregnant. Even through all the uncomfortableness. I love feeling the baby move. I love having excuses for not doing things! And I haven't had my pubic bone pain this time...? It was awful with my first pregnancy and e.x.c.r.u.c.i.a.t.i.n.g. with my second. I assumed this time would be the worst...? And it hasn't even barely bothered me. Just a little here and there. Wonder why that is..
Old 05-07-2007, 12:25 AM

Oye, I hear ya! I wish I had not started out with all this extra weight, it makes me feel like crud. I still am kind of enjoying the pregnancy though, feeling the baby moving is amazing, I could totally do without the pelvic/back/sciatic pain though!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
Old 05-07-2007, 01:03 AM

yep im starting to be less than plesant as well......
Old 05-07-2007, 02:43 AM

I'm still feeling mostly OK. I think it helps that I gained a ton of weight after my last baby, so now I weigh about what I did at 9 months with him. I've gotten used to carrying around more fat than I used to have, so the baby's not making that much difference. :
Old 05-07-2007, 03:47 AM

I'm up late and sooo uncomfortable. I have a hernia that only bothers me when I'm pg and it has been very painful the past week or so. Any time I bend over, squat, or lift OUCH! I'm sitting here with ice on my belly and the baby doesn't like it much, I don't think. I've got to remember to go get a belly band...
Old 05-07-2007, 05:51 AM

we were at a restaurant yesterday and sitting in a booth was not very comfortable... it is the whole sitting up really straight, i need to slouch a little so my belly doesn't ache!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:54 AM

I remember vividly how uncomfortable I was that last month of pregnancy (both times) compared to what I felt like at 6mo. I'm now the size of that last month, and I think, just how much more uncomfortable is it going to get.

Thankfully my ankles just started swelling and not as early as before.

The last couple nights I've woken up for no reason and just cannot get back to sleep. I get up and go pee but then get back in bed and toss and turn. Then of course I wake up in the morning feeling tired.

Old 05-07-2007, 11:18 AM

I am quite uncomfy here too.

I am ready for it to be time for baby to come out...and I realize that, though it is getting close...I still have quite a few weeks to go! *sigh*.

--I think I am measuring big too....but I usually do. I think my uterus is in a funny spot..always! I have not been measured since about 21 wks though...and I am 27now. At 21wks I think I was measuring at 25 or something. Hmm. Maybe I should go measure myself! Now I am curious.
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM

i have been in constant pain for months now, my stactia (sp?) nerve is KILLING me, my pubic bone aches/burns, trying to put pants on standing up is a huge NO NO now bc it hurts/burns like HELL, ooo and here i thought i escaped heartburn but thats reared its ugly head, by the end of the night i need to have dh help me get up off the couch and it takes me a few min for every thing to get place in place/settle to move and/or walk.

i'm actually measuring right were i should be but i feel like a darn beached whale majority of time....UGGG i cant wait for August!
Old 05-07-2007, 03:09 PM

I am feeling pretty good unill the heat starts! It is getting hard to find a position to sleep in but not tooo bad yet!

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:273:"
a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";...
Old 05-07-2007, 04:35 PM

So sorry all you mamas are feeling so uncomfortable! I'm one of those 'sick' mamas who LOOOVES being pregnant and enjoys every minute of it!! I guess that is why I keep getting pregnant! LOL

~Mama to my boys~ to a teen, a tween & a toddler and surro-mama to twins and their sister

Livin' in the sticks with my chicks chicken3.gif and lovin' it!

2014:  4/52 projects  0/2014 things 0/52 books

Old 05-07-2007, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenluna View Post
we were at a restaurant yesterday and sitting in a booth was not very comfortable... it is the whole sitting up really straight, i need to slouch a little so my belly doesn't ache!
:

i always ask to sit at a table.....and DD is refusing high chairs now so that makes it harder b/c she can easy get out of a normal table chair and run away :

how about driving the car??? is anyone having any problems with THAT yet?? I drive alot for my job, and leaning forward to check for oncomming traffic before a turn is getting to be somewhat chalenging!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's_Mommy View Post
:how about driving the car??? is anyone having any problems with THAT yet?? I drive alot for my job, and leaning forward to check for oncomming traffic before a turn is getting to be somewhat chalenging!

I completely forgot how with my first pregnancy my belly got so huge I actually could *not* drive a car!

I'm glad to see this thread... I was really feeling like a freak being so awkward and uncomfortable so soon. With my last pregnancy I was able to do so much more physically than I can now... I'm actually starting to waddle already, yikes!
Old 05-07-2007, 08:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by edenluna View Post
I have been specifically asking for booths because chairs seem so uncomfortable to me. I like to be able to sneek and prop my feet up on the other side of the booth too. I do see a time when I will not be able to squeeze into them anymore though.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:34 PM

Oh, I can definitely join in here! My belly makes it so hard to bend over and reach for things, it's difficult to wash dishes, and sitting by the tub to wash dds' hair has become a major pain (they've switched to taking showers with me and bathing by themselves for fun )!

And this weekend I got really sunburned on both my shoulders, making sleep a miserable proposition, couldn't get comfortable in any way! Ah...but baby is playing so much, I'm really enjoying that! And the other day DH and I were laying in bed, feeling the baby body parts, he thought it was amazing (well, so did I ) and that I wouldn't trade for the world!!
Old 05-07-2007, 09:59 PM

I am also one of those who has little to no trouble being pregnant: Except for the heartburn (alohamelly: try papaya enzyme tablets from the natural foods store, they work wonders!) nothing too inconveniencing going on here. I get tired in my low back easier, especially with a whole house of tile floors, and getting out of bed is annoying. I think the whole rolling over to get up is definitely what contributes to the beached whale feeling. But hey, give me another 10 weeks and twnety more degrees outside (I live in the desert) and I may change my tune.

Dear hubby surf.gif, dd1 (8) dust.gif ds1 (5)hbac.gif and dd2 (NB) hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg

Old 05-08-2007, 12:56 AM

Ugh, I am. I'm so short that even at 26 weeks my ribs are aching. I have to sit with my back arched to gain a bit more space between ribs and pelvis, which makes my lower back sore. And it's not alleviating the rib pain as much as it did with my first

A few times I've bent over to pick up things from the floor (a common task when there's a toddler in the house ) and the pressure against my stomach has pushed stomach acids into my esophagus. Gods, it felt like fires burning in my throat. Muuuuuch worse than standard pregnancy heartburn.

I don't want an early baby, but I keep wondering how I'm going to make it through.
Old 05-08-2007, 02:05 AM

Heartburn is always my worst enemy during pregnancy.

I started using papaya enzymes this time and what a difference!

Green mangoes (in season here) are very sour/tart, but for some reason, eating some of that helps as well. Weird.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:20 AM

i can drive, but i have a hard time going in reverse, it is nearly impossible to twist so that i can see out the back of our car!
Old 05-08-2007, 10:47 AM

The discomfort is just starting for me. It's difficult to roll over in bed. Also the baby is so low and feels heavy especially when I'm running around with ds.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:51 AM

I feel so much better now. I thought it was just me and my old age.

User Tag List