Ouch! Pelvic area pain! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 05-25-2007, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Somedays are worse than others but most of the time when I start walking around I get a pain in my pelvic area. I feel like I'm swelling too and the pain is coming from my pelvis.
Anyone else having this and what are you doing about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 AM

Oh yes the pubic bone separation. I had this with ds and I've been experiencing it for quite some time with this pregnancy.

What can you do it about it? Warm compresses and rest as far as I know.

From mymidwife.org:

"Pubic bone pain. Late in pregnancy, some women have pubic bone soreness and aching that gets worse when they walk, swim, or do other exercises. Pregnancy hormones loosen up the joints of the pelvis, including the connection between the sides of the pubic bone at the bottom of your abdomen. This lets the pelvis become more flexible during labor as the baby moves forward. (This also explains the "waddle" that women have late in pregnancy).This same flexibility can also create the aches and soreness throughout the pelvis, but especially in the pubic bones. Try warm baths for relief."

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#3 of 17 Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM

I got this really bad with my last pregnancy and a few weeks ago it was starting pretty badly again. I had my first appointment with a chiropractor all set up when I finally figured something out...I was walking wrong!

My old stride had my feet hitting the ground on two seperate, but parallel tracks. I started walking with my feet hitting the ground one in front of the other and VOILA!, the pain started subsiding. It is SOOO much better now, I can't believe I suffered through my last pregnancy without figuring this out. I just hope it lasts.

I don't know if this will help others, but maybe...

Busy mom and loving it... dd (2/03), ds (6/05), dd (8/07), ds (12/09), ??? due 5/12

#4 of 17 Old 05-25-2007, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would really suggest a visit to a good chiropractor with pregnancy experience!! I had horrible, HORRIBLE, pubic bone pain with my first 2 and it started even earlier with this twin pregnancy. I was dreading the last half of the pregnancy, being in pain. I found a great chiropractor who adjusted my pubic bone and I have had virtually no pain at all in my pubic bone. I do have an achy pelvis, but it is more in the hip joints and tailbone and much more liveable than the pubic bone pain.

Good luck!!

Andrea mommy to G(2/97), S : (1/04), E & J (7/07)
#5 of 17 Old 05-26-2007, 01:54 PM

I am in CONSTANT pain now. I am trying to find a way to afford a chiropractor. It is keeping me awake at night and is so hard to walk, or stand and do anything, not that sitting is much better.

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#6 of 17 Old 05-27-2007, 10:33 PM

I get this mildly after running. My doctor said it doesn't have any long-term effects and it's okay to take painkillers.
#7 of 17 Old 05-28-2007, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by plummum View Post
I get this mildly after running. My doctor said it doesn't have any long-term effects and it's okay to take painkillers.
Running?! I'm trying to just walk lately!:
#8 of 17 Old 05-28-2007, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysusie View Post
Running?! I'm trying to just walk lately!:
That was the saem thought I had. I feel like my crotch is ripping apart, and my hips are killing me, I can barely waddle, let alone run!! OUCH!

Single mama to Alex(13), Maddy(12), Sam(8), Violet(6), and Ruby(3). fly-by-nursing1.gif
#9 of 17 Old 05-28-2007, 11:16 PM

I have it and so far am doing nothing about it except moving around slowly. I know I should see a chiropractor, but I haven't.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#10 of 17 Old 06-05-2007, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einen View Post
I got this really bad with my last pregnancy and a few weeks ago it was starting pretty badly again. I had my first appointment with a chiropractor all set up when I finally figured something out...I was walking wrong!

My old stride had my feet hitting the ground on two seperate, but parallel tracks. I started walking with my feet hitting the ground one in front of the other and VOILA!, the pain started subsiding. It is SOOO much better now, I can't believe I suffered through my last pregnancy without figuring this out. I just hope it lasts.

I don't know if this will help others, but maybe...
Yeah.

The added 40 pounds has been causing my arches to flatten a bit (they are still super high). So, my toes are pointed more out to the sides. If I walk with my toes more in, it reduces the pelvic pain dramatically.

Also, when I lay down, my feet automatically fall with the toes pointed outwards. So, I make an effort to point the toes in. Rotating my legs inwards at the hip joint seems to do the trick.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#11 of 17 Old 06-06-2007, 03:54 AM

mine is the opposite. when i lay down my toes point in and it HURTS when my legs rotate in. so i have to use pillows and really make an effort to keep the paralell. OWWWW

treehugger.gif )O( unschooling, witchy mum to Addy(7) and Niamh(4)
Living with an invisible chronic illness.
Fat and hairy. And happy with both *( o Y o )*
#12 of 17 Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM

Well, I still keep them spread to hip's width, but rotate the joint at the pelvis.

#13 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 03:59 PM

Just updating...walking correctly no longer seems to be doing the trick. I've started seeing a chiropractor and I think it's doing some good, I've only had 3 visits but it hasn't been the magic bullet yet.

I've noticed now that laying on my sides is what REALLY irritates it now. If I can just avoid that, the pain is greatly reduced. So...I'm having to figure out creative sleeping positions...basically I use a bunch of pillows to enable me to sleep on my stomach. Or I could sleep on my back but it's getting too late in the pregnancy for that.

Busy mom and loving it... dd (2/03), ds (6/05), dd (8/07), ds (12/09), ??? due 5/12

#14 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:46 PM

That is the same prob. Im having! It kills everytime I walk around!:

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:273:"
a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";...
#15 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 08:59 PM

I get in bed laying on my left side with a pillow between my knees-ankles, and another one under my ankles to raise them a bit. I stay like that until pelvic pain wakes me up, about 2 hours later. Then I get up and pee and then get in the identical position but on my right side. This repeats, peeing and changing sides every 2 hours or so, all night. By the time the morning comes, my whole pelvis is in pain and my legs are numbish and achy. I walk around a bit, usually do the dishes so I am standing for 20 minutes, and then my legs feel a bit better. Over the course of the day, I spend most of the time semi-reclined with my laptop, and the pelvic pain slowly fades. Then it is bed time and it happens all over again.

#16 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 10:24 PM

I just saw a chiro yesterday and my pain (for now) is GONE! She adjusted my sacrum and she also did the Webster technique to try to get the baby to flip. I think she flipped but I can't tell for sure. I swear by the chiro for the pelvic pain though.. I can squat and bend and everything now!!
#17 of 17 Old 07-06-2007, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
This is just my experience. But I was having horrible PSS pain until I finally got treatment for my UTI. It took a while because the stupid but was very stubborn. But once I got it treated correctly, my PSS pain is now a 2 out of 10 instead of a 6-7 out of 10.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page