My baby has a birthday! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-26-2007, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unless he decides to arrive early like my first one did.

I met with the OB this morning and we scheduled my c-section for July 30, which puts me right at 39 weeks. This was the first time I had an appointment with her that didn't involve her being on call for my emergency surgery (first c-section and then ectopic) so it was a nice change. She told me some more details about my first c-section, which was nice since I didn't remember much about it. I am happy with the family doctor I've been seeing for the pregnancy, but I really like this OB. She doesn't make the friendliest first impression, but she's willing to sit down and talk about medical details without that "I'm the doctor, shut up and do what I say" attitude I've seen in a lot of other doctors.

So, anyway, she sets up the appointment and then turns to me and says, "OK, you're on July 30 at seven o'clock." I dreaded this - I work nights and our whole family sleeps from around 2 a.m.-11 a.m. - but it's kind of what I expected. I said, "You mean seven in the morning, right?" She laughed and said, "Yes ... and they'll want you in early for prep. You'll probably need to be there at 5:30."

5:30 a.m. is late-night to me ... I don't DO 5:30 in the "morning." I'm debating now ... stay up all night? Or maybe stay up all night the *previous* night, so I'm extra tired, and then go to bed around 4 p.m. and get in a lot of sleep?

What a way to welcome a new life into the world! :P
#2 of 6 Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 PM

How about telling her "No, 5:30am just won't work for me" and having her change things for, say, noon? I know they like to do the stuff early, but just tell her that it won't work for you and will inhibit your healing to go in exhausted.

Danell - Craft Savvy mama to Evan (3/31/06) and Andre (8/29/07)
#3 of 6 Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter

She has regular appointments all day during office hours, so she pretty much has to schedule it for early morning. At least it can't be as bad as last time, when I was up all night in labor beforehand and didn't have the c-section until 6 p.m.!
#4 of 6 Old 06-27-2007, 12:36 AM

Yikes, I don't do 5:30 am and I go to bed by 10! I think staying up the night before and crashing early before the appointment might get you some rest. But that will probably be hard to do. Man, you are really going to be tired. I wish you could schedule for a later time. It would be so much easier on you and your whole family.
But, it's good news anyway, you got a date to look forward to!
#5 of 6 Old 06-27-2007, 03:48 AM

i agree that is too early... but look at the bright side, there won't be a lot of traffic on the roads!
#6 of 6 Old 06-27-2007, 04:14 AM

Wow that is early! But at least you know when you're having your baby and can plan accordingly. Try to get some extra sleep the night before or something.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page