not meant to be a pity party...really... - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 05:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nightrose, there's a big difference between taking care of someone and being their doormat. you need to build some boundaries with that woman.

eta: i know what i'm talking about, my mom is a psycho passive agressive fiend with mental health issues. if it weren't for boundaries i would lose it in about 10 seconds with her)
#32 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morwenna View Post
I said something about a shower/party to my mom (like, I am sure I won't have one this time, I don't have many friends) and she said 'yeah, I figured you wouldn't'. Nice. :

my mom said she didn't want to throw me one because it was too expensive and none of my friends would come!! so she is giving us the cash instead and we are doing it ourselves. i was wishing someone would do the invitations, though.
#33 of 41 Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmama View Post

also, i've had so much trouble with candida that i can't even eat the strawberries i grow without being itchy. sh*t.
Are you taking a good probiotic to help with that?

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#34 of 41 Old 06-30-2007, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Are you taking a good probiotic to help with that?
multiple.

Busy mama of
#35 of 41 Old 06-30-2007, 06:17 PM

I had so many issues with yeast when my daughter was a baby that it took a really long time to get it under control. even with probiotics and changing my diet.

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#36 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I had so many issues with yeast when my daughter was a baby that it took a really long time to get it under control. even with probiotics and changing my diet.
i'd love to hear what finally worked for you, if you don't mind.

pm me if you have time.

Thanks!

Busy mama of
#37 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 01:40 AM

Am I too late for the party???

Okay, first of all, I am the last one due in our DDC. Do you know how much it sucks to hear that some of you are almost 36 weeks? I am green with envy.

My tonsils are swollen, and so I almost choke myself to death when I try to sleep on my side. Dh has to wake me up, or else I wake myself up gasping for air.

We've cut back on sex since I had a dilating scare, but I refuse to be completely celebate (and my cntx seem to come more frequently when I'm sitting here at the computer on my birth ball than after sex). The problem is that I have horrible heartburn every time I get close to having an orgasm. :

If one more person says "Are you sure there's just one in there?" or "When are you due?!?" or "You look miserable!" or "Are you having twins?" I cannot be held responsible for my violent reaction.

My pubic bone hurts too. I haven't been upstairs in my own house in weeks. There's no telling what it looks like up there...

We are seriously missing my midwifery income. My last client's insurance company is totally trying to screw me over, and that is money that we were counting on for baby stuff, birth supplies, etc.

Dh works for a bunch of lying crooks who have no understanding of what it is like to live in the real world where people have bills and litters of children to buy stuff for.

We still haven't sold our rent house, and the second mortgage is killing us. We haven't sold our other minivan either, and until we do that, there is no way to get another vehicle, so I guess we'll have to strap the baby to the roof, oh and without a carseat, as we haven't gotten one of those either.

Okay, I could go on, but you get the picture. We're broke, I'm miserable (but don't tell me I look miserable, damn it!), and I am very unprepared for this baby's arrival. Maybe it is a good thing that I'm the last one due after all...

#38 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 02:02 AM

txmidwife, that's a lot of crap all at once. i hope some of it gets resolved, and FAST!!

dh finished school on thursday so in friday i started applying for jobs for him. he went for an interview on friday and got the job, but it pays less than we can live on and the hours conflict with my jobs. i pointed these minor details out and he got all mad and wanted to know why he was expected to have a job, anyways. don't i work?

um, yeah, for 3 more weeks...

he also went out without telling me on friday and had some beers with a friend of his... this friend LIKES him and resents me and likes to make jokes at my expense. he doesn't catch on that she's majorly attracted to him and laughs when she makes fun of me EVERY TIME. and i'm not just being a paranoid preggo, she's been like this for 6 years now. so he was out sipping a cold one on a patio while i was home, pregnant, in pain, with the whiniest toddler ever.

not so thrilled with him just now.
#39 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 12:28 PM

My contribution to the pity party will be the pity!! I'm so sorry for all the negative stuff that everyone is going through! I'm sometimes bummed that I don't have more time before the birth to prepare myself mentally (and otherwise) for this momentous change. Seeing as how as of tomorrow I have 6 weeks of pregnancy and 8 weeks of nursing school left, I just don't know when that time will come! But I do wish for all of us little moments of relief from all that plagues us. And the hope that we can recognize those little moments, too.

It's hard to be big and hormonal! Why don't more people know this??!?

eta: I just got back online today after 5 days of our phone & internet being out. Now that made for some serious jonesing! Missed you all!

mama to my little lion, Ariel since 10 Aug 2007
all about love
#40 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josybear View Post
txmidwife, that's a lot of crap all at once. i hope some of it gets resolved, and FAST!!

dh finished school on thursday so in friday i started applying for jobs for him. he went for an interview on friday and got the job, but it pays less than we can live on and the hours conflict with my jobs. i pointed these minor details out and he got all mad and wanted to know why he was expected to have a job, anyways. don't i work?

um, yeah, for 3 more weeks...

he also went out without telling me on friday and had some beers with a friend of his... this friend LIKES him and resents me and likes to make jokes at my expense. he doesn't catch on that she's majorly attracted to him and laughs when she makes fun of me EVERY TIME. and i'm not just being a paranoid preggo, she's been like this for 6 years now. so he was out sipping a cold one on a patio while i was home, pregnant, in pain, with the whiniest toddler ever.

not so thrilled with him just now.
Josybear, there is no way in H-E-L-L that I would let dh go out with another woman, I don't care how long they've been friends!!! That makes me angry for you!!!!!
#41 of 41 Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM

Thanks, josybear, and a for you and a for your dh. Men are such sometimes.

Speaking of men, the other night my dh kept pointing out how tiny these girls' miniskirts were, and then acting all disgusted. After the third set of skinny 20-yr-old legs, I finally told him, "Gee, you've really got a good eye for spotting those tiny little skirts." :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page