Busy mama of
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Farmama,
You're 35 weeks pregnant. A pity party is OK.
#3 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 06:47 PM

What happened to the party? Did I arrive too late? Awwwww. Can we start it up again?

C'mon. I'll start it off small: I have a headache, and I have to get up and go into the 90deg kitchen and cook dinner and I don't want to! OK, people --I am sure many of you can do worse than that.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#4 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
What happened to the party? Did I arrive too late? Awwwww. Can we start it up again?

C'mon. I'll start it off small: I have a headache, and I have to get up and go into the 90deg kitchen and cook dinner and I don't want to! OK, people --I am sure many of you can do worse than that.
Yeah, I was kinda wanting a pity party. I feel like a giant hippo (and I just drank an entire LARGE Dairy Queen choc milkshake - that's only about 1000 calories, right?). Also my legs are like lead - I hate walking because it now take conscious effort to lift my leg up and put in back down in front of the other. Don't even get me started on the restless legs at night (why not during the day when I could easily get up and DO something about it?!) or the fact that water (yes, seriously, WATER) gives me heartburn (and thus the consumption of the giant milkshake which does NOT give me heartburn). Oh, and how could I forget, I think my tailbone is in the wrong place. It is KILLING me.
#5 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 07:36 PM

if there's a pity party going on i want in on it.
  • starting today i'm working about 20 hours a week more. three weeks of 60 hrs a week won't kill me, but i doubt it will make me stronger.
  • my dh's job fell through so he needs to find something else. he's not particularly motivated, normally, so i don't have high hopes.
  • the chiro said today that it looks like a seperated pubic bone to her and she'll do what she can but really i just have to live with it and hope the baby comes early
  • having a seperated pubic bone hurts a WHOLE LOT.
  • today is my 4th anniversary and nothing is going my way.

that's probably enough for now.
#6 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 PM

Nobody has mentioned peeing.: Ds poked my tummy and I peed. Eww. It's getting old. It started out badly this pregnancy anyway and it's getting worse.
#7 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 07:48 PM

I will happily join this pity party. In fact, I was coming here to start my own party thread.

The boy is sitting on a nerve. The pain is in my groin and runs down my left leg and foot. I have almost no strength in my leg and my foot slaps the floor when I walk. Nice huh?

It's hot as hell and humid to boot.

I have to pee every five seconds and I jump when the boy shifts onto my bladder.

I am so done beyond done, yet 33 weeks sounds too early to be done.

Oh wait, gotta run, DS is calling my name for the 7,1264, 897 time today.
#8 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 08:05 PM

I probably shouldn't join in and be negative, but what the heck.

I feel USELESS!!!

I have developed carpal tunnel in my right hand...I wake up with it numb most days. I knit and dye yarn for a living and I pretty much can't dye yarn anymore : When I wake up, I can't even grip anything for a little while.

Last night I slept on my hip funny or something and today every step is laborious and painful.

I weighed myself last night (have been NOT weighing myself much at all) and I weigh more than I ever have in my entire life AND I have 5 weeks left!

I just feel huge and useless and NOT READY for this baby!!!
#9 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 08:47 PM

I have got to join in on this one.

My pity party goes as follows...

I still have to work 50 plus hours every week until I deliver and I work in a high stress environment. It doesn't help that it is tourist season here.

My days consist of waking up, going to work, stopping on the way home from work to get the kids some dinner someplace, coming home, falling asleep, waking up doing it again. This is all I have energy for.

My house hasn't seen clean in weeks. I used to be able to clean the whole house in a day. Now I'm lucky if I pick up one room in a week.

If I stand up for too long, I hurt. If I sit down for too long, I hurt. If I lie down for too long, I hurt.

There is a wildfire burning less than a couple of miles from my house which is making it extremely smoky near me. It is really making it hard to breathe and making my asthma act up which gives me even less energy.

I haven't cooked in weeks. My family doesn't even ask anymore.

I let Dh go out tonight by himself with some friends of his because he hasn't been out of the house in weeks and I know it is taking a toll on him too. The problem is now that he is gone, I am a bundle of emotions and crying my eyes out and can't wait till he gets home. The worst part is that I can't believe I feel this way, he just went to the movies!

I'm sure I could think of more, but I'll give someone else a chance.
#10 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I am so in....

I have a cold with sniffles and stuffy nose

I have another $*&@ UTI that is making me pee every 45minutes

My DH is working 60hrs in the next 5 days

My DD has learned to climb up on the couch and its driving me crazy

I am a beached whale that gets into a bathing suit EVERY DAY so my DD can sit at the edge of the pool refusing to get in.

I was sure that I wasn't getting anymore stretch marks but now have these marks that feel like my skin is tearing apart even further up my belly (if I have another kid, I swear I'll have stretch marks up to my eyes)

Did I mention my nose is stuffy, i hate colds....
#11 of 41 Old 06-28-2007, 11:56 PM

Count me in.

I'm having bad lower back pain a lot lately.

It's too hot here.

I threw up today and hope this isn't the return of m/s.

I feel huge.

I can't sleep well.

I pee way too much.

I get full too fast and then hungry again too soon.

One word: hemorrhoids.

Pubic bone pain is still pretty bad.

I'm tired all the time.

I'm so huge people keep asking me if I'm having twins or if I'm due.

I'm so ready to have this baby!!

: Mom to a wonderful teen girl, a happy little boy and a cute baby girl
#12 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 12:35 AM

Oh my god, this is great. I'm soooo in

This baby has been under my ribs for weeks now and it HURTS

My pubic bone separated last pregnancy and never healed. Neadless to say it HURTS

If my pubic bone isn't hurting, the baby feels like it's coming out my butt when I walk

I too have heartburn from water. I consume about 100 papaya tablets a day

My DD is teething canines (eye teeth) which I'm sure hurt her a lot, but also make her whiney as anything.

DH wants sex - ever felt like sex when you have heartburn??????

I think I'll leave it there before it gets too graphic.
#13 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 12:40 AM

I really cant figure out why, but my old stretch marks are running further up my belly (nearly to my boobs which have old stretchmarks of their own) but the old stretchmarks are not stretched yet this pregnancy, so why am I getting more?!?!?!?!?!

DS in utero is prefering a transverse position today and my hips and low low back are really in pain.

My old "friend" pubic symphasis separation, has made her apperance last week.

If I wasent soooo tired, sleeping would not be worth the effort or the wakeing up in pain.

My legs are best described as marshmellow like, white, round and squishy.

OK...I think I am done...I think.

DH&Me  Christ follower, homeschooler, gardener, (insert lots of additional crunchiness here) chicken mama, & occasionally blogger. intactlact.gifMama of  boys 9,7,3.5,&11months....& SURPRISE jaw2.gif  expecting a BOY in November!  7 sweet-babes gone too soon.

#14 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 12:49 AM

I COULD NOT sleep last night. I finally gave up around 3:30 am, had a snack and read a magazine. I don't know what it was- discomfort, hunger, having to pee, rib pain, heart burn, lots of thoughts, all of it.

I am sooooo tired today. Super bad heartburn all day.

I am beginning to feel like I can no longer walk, only waddle.

I am dreading trying to sleep tonight.

sigh.

And yet part of me wants to keep this baby in me forever.
#15 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 01:03 AM

So sorry for everyone feeling bad!! I was just there and I can't believe that it's already starting to fade. Just think soon enough you will all be holding your little ones and this will be a foggy memory (hopefully)!!

Wishing for easier days for everyone!!

momma to my girls (9) (7) (4) (3) (7m) &
my little ones held only in my heart 4/12-17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
#16 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommysusie View Post
I have got to join in on this one.

I haven't cooked in weeks. My family doesn't even ask anymore.

That sounds like a plan to me! Good to lower the expectations before the birth anyway!!!!

Hey, and what's with this waking up with a dead arm thing? I grabbed my own hand last night, thinking it was dd's and wondered what she was doing with my ring on...then I realized it was my hand, and I couldn't feel it! Weird!!!
#17 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 AM

here goes mine!

the weather sucks, can i please have a little sunshine!!!

i want to be able to go for my daily walk WITHOUT having to sit down a few times because i am in pain!

i am getting so tired of peeing constantly that a catheter seems like a good idea....

i am snoring so badly that the breathe right strips no longer work and i keep waking MYSELF up!

and that foot in the rib... getting old, very old!
#18 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22girls View Post

Hey, and what's with this waking up with a dead arm thing? I grabbed my own hand last night, thinking it was dd's and wondered what she was doing with my ring on...then I realized it was my hand, and I couldn't feel it! Weird!!!
OMG I thought that was just me! I have no clue what causes that, but I wake up with a numb arm and hand every night.
#19 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 AM

I'll play.

DH will be gone Mon-Fri for all of July, leaving me wth the job of all housework, all dd care, and tending to our huge veggie garden everyday all by myself.

I have been waiting tables this whole pregnancy, and it sucks. I have to be at work in 1 hour, I didn't get home til 11pm last night. Bleh.

Let's see...my house is trashed! And dh has been out of town all week so this mess is all me. He gets home at about 6am tomorrow, so when I get off work I have to come straight home and clean.

I also pee EVERY time I cough or sneeze. And I have this stubborn little phlegmy cough that makes me pee at least 5 times a day.:
#20 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleep View Post
I also pee EVERY time I cough or sneeze. And I have this stubborn little phlegmy cough that makes me pee at least 5 times a day.:
Yep, I know exactly what you are talking about. It seems like I have every pregnancy symptom known this time around!
#21 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 11:21 AM

These are the things that actually make us look forward to: (pick applicable birth process)

*Pushing something out of us that has to rotate and make an angled turn in our bodies

* Having a needle stuck in our spinal column

* Having a needle stuck in our spinal column AND having someone cut us open
#22 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom22girls View Post
* Having a needle stuck in our spinal column AND having someone cut us open
Thanks for reminding me!!!! I am really scared about the csection this time around. I don't know why. I was fine last time. I try to focus on the wonderful babymoon I am going to have instead. I cannot wait to be able to go more than an hour inbetween peeing!
#23 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

thanks yall. okay, reposting my original (plus a little extra )

none of my near to me friends have even asked me about a baby shower. i'm not that upset about it, except that no one even mentioned it. and no one calls to ask me how i'm doing, near or far. except my mom.

also, i've had so much trouble with candida that i can't even eat the strawberries i grow without being itchy. sh*t.

Busy mama of
#24 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 01:08 PM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm strawberries..................................

Why not just invite some friends over to celebrate the impending birth of your baby?

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#25 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

honestly, i've been really busy lately. i'm not attached to the idea of having a party, just attached to the idea that my friends care about me enough to want to celebrate a major transition in our lives.

Busy mama of
#26 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 01:17 PM

I see. I get it. I would be bummed out too.

Amanda - wife to DH Kellyjog.gif, Mummers to Trentreading.gif born 03/03/05 Bridgetdust.gif born 08/08/07 and a IT'S A BOY! Kennedy babyboy.gifborn 02/20/11!
#27 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 02:04 PM

Noone has bought us anything, or even asked us if we wanted anything. I know that sounds selfish, but this is my first baby in almost 8 years, my Dh's first and I just would have thought someone would have asked or maybe even hint around about throwing us a shower. I feel so guilty for feeling this way, but at the same time it makes me a little angry. It must still be the hormones.
#28 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmama View Post
just attached to the idea that my friends care about me enough to want to celebrate a major transition in our lives.
yeah, i have been dealing with this disappointment as well... the worst was when i threw my own baby shower and some people didn't bother to come or to offer a personalized explanation why not.
#29 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 PM

I said something about a shower/party to my mom (like, I am sure I won't have one this time, I don't have many friends) and she said 'yeah, I figured you wouldn't'. Nice. :
#30 of 41 Old 06-29-2007, 04:53 PM

I haven't had a shower with any of my kids. My best friend offered to throw me one with the last baby and even told lots of our coworkers that she would be the one planning it and then she flaked. And I mean, major flakeage. I left work for maternity leave and she blew the whole thing off. Mind you, we've been friends for 18 years. When another coworker asked her why there wasn't a shower, she told them that she figured since I had gone on maternity leave already, it was too late.
So this time around, no one had mentioned a shower at all, but that was what I was expecting. Then out of the blue, dh's coworkers decided they want to throw me one at the office! I was so excited!! My first shower!!! They set the date and then a week later I realize that it was one of the days I babysit for my mom. It's all good if I take my own 5 year old dd with, but no way can I take my neice and two nephews (ages 10, 7, and 5) as well because it's being held at the office. I called my mom to talk to her about it and explain that I can't take them, and if that's my only option I will have to miss the shoewr and dh will just bring home gifts. Her response: "Well at least they're still going to buy you stuff." : My mom is a loner who refuses to make friends and we have no other family in town so I am her only babysitter. And these three kids are so horribly behaved that there is no way I would ask one of my friends to watch them. So dh is trying desperately now to see if there might be any way to reschedule for one of my days off.
And also on the subject of my mother and her lack of back-up sitters... She's known since I was three weeks pregnant what my approximate due date was. I told her asap so she could work on finding a sitter so I could have a little time off with baby in August. She called me last week all excited to tell me that she worked it out with her boss to take her whopping 4 days vacation time as soon as I go into labor. And she's even going to try to schedule it around her days off to give me a full ten days off. She's so proud of herself. So I said, "Well what if I go into labor and it stalls and doesn't pick up for a few days?" She says, "Well you better hope not because as soon as I start that vacation, your clock's a-tickin'!" When I told her that 10 days certainly wasn't much time to bond with a new baby, she says "I have faith in you, you're a tough girl. Besides honey, you KNOW you're all I have. You don't want me to lose my job do you? Then we'd all have to move in with you full time!!"
(For the record, I'm always asked why I let her walk all over me to such a degree. Truth of the matter is, when my father passed away nearly ten years ago, I promised him on his death bed that I would always take care of mom. And I really am the ONLY person she has to rely on right now. Wish I had known back then that she was going to adopt half of my sister's kids. : )
Whew, that was a long one. I feel a little better now. Yay for this thread, and to all.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page