Any correlation between the baby dropping & birth? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-01-2007, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think the baby dropped. I can't remember when DD dropped. Any relation between the baby dropping & being born?

Mom to DMI & Silly Apple
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007, 02:04 PM

yes, there is a correlation. the baby is guaranteed to exit your body within 6 months of dropping.

seriously, my ds dropped 2 months before he was born. i thought he'd be born right away when he dropped, but nope... i just got to waddle for the next couple of months.
Old 07-01-2007, 02:40 PM

Marah Jade didn't drop until I was in labor. I don't think it means anything other than your body is getting ready.
Old 07-01-2007, 03:57 PM

My ds was fully engaged at 19 weeks, and was at positive stations (+1 and then +2) at 25 weeks and 30 weeks.

I was induced at 39 weeks...it was a FAST induction with no drugs needed (just manual water breaking)...but yea. my total induction time was 15 minutes, I went from 4cm to holding baby in that time. I pushed for less than 10 seconds, just 1 push. From my first contraction to holding him was 10 minutes.

I did however go into labor on my own at other times, the worst being 32 weeks when I got to 7cm before the magnesium managed to stop it, I spent a total of about 2 months in the hospital in 4 different hospitalizations for pre-term labor. But once I got tot he point that they didn't use drugs to stop my labor the same thing kept happening as when they did give me drugs...I'd go into labor, I'd get up to 7cm dilated, then it would stop and over the course of the next 24-48 hours I'd undialate back to 2-4cm and they'd send me home.

DD didn't drop till I'd been pushing for at least 4 hours.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
Old 07-02-2007, 04:29 PM

After two babies who didn't drop until labor, this baby surprised me by dropping over my 33 week. Such a strange experience!!! I'm hoping it will be a quicker/easier labor, but not an early one...at least not until 40 weeks!! I'm not ready and want baby as healthy as can be!

I've heard first time mom's drop long before labor, and multi-gravidas drop right before, but it obviously didn't work that way for me....:
Old 07-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jster View Post

I've heard first time mom's drop long before labor, and multi-gravidas drop right before, but it obviously didn't work that way for me....:
That's what I've heard too, but this is my 6th and I am almost 100% certain that the baby has dropped. I can hardly walk and my bump seems MUCH lower. Easy birth this time, yeah!

User Tag List